GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #49: Sens @ Lightning, Feb 2, 2017, 7:30pm

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's Groundhog Day! AMC is running a day-long marathon.

First game back for Boucher against the club that fired him after a loss to the Senators. So the team owes it to him to win, right?

Bruins and Leafs lost in regulation their last games out so the Sens still find themselves 2nd in the Atlantic. But with two straight losses (last one in regulation) the gaps on the teams below are getting smaller. Same number of points as the Bruins (but with games in hand), 3 up on the Leafs, 4 on the Panthers (with games in hand). A small losing streak here and we could find ourselves outside of the comfort of the top-three in the Division. We are just 2 up on the Flyers in the second wildcard spot, and here come the Islanders, 7-2-1 in their last 10 and 5 points back.

In other words, the losing must stop now. Before it gets out of hand.

Lineup changes:
Boro will play, but it's not clear yet if Claesson comes out or they go with 7D, in which case Neil and Lazar will both sit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vasilevsky will start for Tampa. Assuming Condon for the good guys.

With Boro in the lineup we don't need Neil as much, so Lazar could be drawing back in. How many last chances does he get?  The number 1 and 3 top scorers from that Oil Kings Memorial Cup team (Lazar was number 2) were just traded for each other; all three have struggled since turning pro.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Condon was already confirmed the starter for our Mighty Senasnores.

Coming off a couple lacklustre performances against mediocre teams, the Sens need a big W tonight to get things back on track.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lazar in. Neil and Claesson out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Sens are the slight Bodog underdog. So I've cursed them again by betting on them.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I sure wouldn't mind a big win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ceci giveaway, Lightning goal, drink.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ceci turns over the other way to Smith, to Stone, goal Senators, drink.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Habs lose regulation. Sadly, no injuries to report.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Powerplay is humming. Two goals for a two goal lead. First goal for The Hoff against Tampa.

Still nothing for Lazar, but he had a couple good shifts.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So Stone is not going to get the Selke votes because he scores too much, I bet. Two goals plus an assist, so far. Note takes over the team lead in goals.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kelly with a goal in his 800th game, courtesy of The Captain (empty net, third assist for Karlsson).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Very nice W. Was Bobby playing tonight?

Man do we ever have a gem in Mark Stone. One of the most underrated players in the league.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought Ryan played well. Lazar as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wonderful win. Kept them to the outside, scored timely goals, everything was excellent.  I thought if they bounced  back and played well tonight, they were for real after that stinging loss on florida.

Turris, Stone and Hoffman are silky.  Brassard was solid too.  Very pleased.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum