GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Avalanche - Nov 10, 2017, 2:00pm

+5
Ev
tim1_2
PTFlea
Flo The Action
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Game Day! Set your PVRs to "record" as this is going to be an afternoon affair, at least for the North American viewers.

The Avs are the gone team, today. Boucher will decide after the warm-ups whether he goes with 7D or not. If he goes with 6D then Nick Paul will play and Rodewald will sit; otherwise both will be in civvies. I'm guessing Harpur is the 7th D. Karlsson-Claesson may be a pairing.

Oh, yeah, this will be Duchene's first have against his old team. Apparently he didn't make any friends in the Avs' room with his trade demand. Even though it's Sakic who had him on the block fur two years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Game will be on TSN1200, of course, if you want to listen in at work. Not sure if there is a stream (I'm sure there is, just not sure how good it hire legal or what language).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've got not PVR...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ill have to Pvr and hope people don't say anything

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have no idea what to expect from today's game, especially from Duchene. The Avs have actually been decent this year and will be fired up to "stick it" to Duchene, I'm sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Ill have to Pvr and hope people don't say anything

Fat chance.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It goes without saying, but Matrix is starting for the good guys, and Varlamov is starting for the filthy Avalanche.

Here are the lines:

Smith - Duchene - Hoffman
Dzingel - Brassard - Stone
Pyatt - Pageau - Burrows
Dido - Thompson - Rodewald/Paul

Claesson - Karlsson
Oduya - Phaneuf
Wideman - Ceci
Harpur

As Prags said above, it sounds like Boucher could go with 7D. It sounds like Rodewald is sitting no matter what today, so it'll be Paul on the 4th line if we go with 12F, or Rodewald and Paul will sit and Harpur will be the 7th defenceman.

I like the Claesson - Karlsson pairing, and am not overly found of Oduya with Phaenuf and then Wideman playing his offside. If there's 7D though, the pairings will be all over the place anyway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Phaneuf-Oduya, *that* pairing will be all over the place anyway.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:If Phaneuf-Oduya, *that* pairing will be all over the place anyway.

They'll be all over...slowly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'll try not to give too much away, but Freddy Claesson first did his celly in this arena. And he did it again today.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oduya has been great today

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wish I could have seen this one. By the sounds of it, it was a close one. Too close. This is Colorado we're speaking of. Should have been over before it started.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Watching it now. Stone is a beast.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I wish I could have seen this one. By the sounds of it, it was a close one. Too close. This is Colorado we're speaking of. Should have been over before it started.

It was pretty flukey to go to OT. Sens completely dominated after the 1st

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I wish I could have seen this one. By the sounds of it, it was a close one. Too close. This is Colorado we're speaking of. Should have been over before it started.

It was pretty flukey to go to OT. Sens completely dominated after the 1st

Like I said. I didn’t watch the game. But I’m not as enamoured with our position in the standings as everyone else. We haven’t won against great teams yet and you can say that at least we’ve been competitive but You can also say we can’t seem to take over games completely. Well maybe those two games out west.

Maybe I’m asking for too much but I’d like this team to maintain leads and win ona more consistent basis.
I think we’re gonna need another top 6 winger for that to become a reality.
We should definitely make some calls to Vegas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum