GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dorion on Paul: http://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/pierre-dorions-work-is-never-finished

Dreger on Paul: https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/11/teams-calling-on-senators-nick-paul.html

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I didn't catch Dorion, but I heard the afternoon crew talking to Gordie. Talk our of Belleville is that Paul has been their best forward of late. He's got size and finish, 20 games of NHL experience, and he absolutely destroyed a guy in a fight a few days ago. I found it on YouTube a couple days after the game after hearing about the fight on the radio (again, I think it was Gordie).

Funny, there is also a clip on YouTube of Chris Neil giving fighting lessons to a group of callups, including Paul. I think that was probably during MacLean's time.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So a week or two max and Bobby Ryan will be back if all goes well.  That's a HUGE add to the lineup.

Probably 3 more games where we miss him, maybe 4 or max 5 and he's back.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep. Bobby had started the season well so hopefully he can slide back in. And slide his hands into gloves with better protection.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I guess the good news is Dorion is saying he's looking for another forward.

There's certainly no rush though.  Another forward could come in the form of a healthy Colin White (or whoever) from Belleville eventually.

I would assume White will be more of a 3rd/4th liner.  What Ottawa needs right now is a top six LW to go with Duchene or Brassard.

I imagine coaches try to get forward 'pairs' vs lines.

Brassard-Stone
Pageau-Ryan
Duchene-Hoffman

So it's really a matter of trying to find complimentary players to fill the gaps. I see Pyatt playing with Duchene and Hoffman to help out  defensively, Smith with Pageau and Ryan to get loose pucks from the corners, and Dzingel with Brassard and Stone for his speed.

Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Pyatt
Smith-Pageau-Ryan
Burrows-Thompson-White

Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Thompson-White

I think they'll flip Ryan and Pyatt in that lineup.  Something like that.  Which is still pretty impressive.

Not really much a of point, but I think it looks like this, with HDR as the top line. All I did was flip those lines, but HDR looks more like a top line to me. Speed to burn (2/3 at least). That's a pretty awesome top 6. They could also flip Dizzy and Smith, but I'm not sure I'd do that. Either way, there is scoring spread out throughout the lineup, and White gets an opportunity to see where he's at.

I could also see a line of Hoffman-Duchene-Dzingel at some point. Might be the fastest in the league. It wouldn't be bad to see a line like that at the beginning of a game to really get the other team on their heels and force them to hesitate a bit.

No matter what, this is exciting.

Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Thompson-White

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I guess the good news is Dorion is saying he's looking for another forward.

There's certainly no rush though.  Another forward could come in the form of a healthy Colin White (or whoever) from Belleville eventually.

I would assume White will be more of a 3rd/4th liner.  What Ottawa needs right now is a top six LW to go with Duchene or Brassard.

I imagine coaches try to get forward 'pairs' vs lines.

Brassard-Stone
Pageau-Ryan
Duchene-Hoffman

So it's really a matter of trying to find complimentary players to fill the gaps. I see Pyatt playing with Duchene and Hoffman to help out  defensively, Smith with Pageau and Ryan to get loose pucks from the corners, and Dzingel with Brassard and Stone for his speed.

Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Pyatt
Smith-Pageau-Ryan
Burrows-Thompson-White

Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Thompson-White

I think they'll flip Ryan and Pyatt in that lineup.  Something like that.  Which is still pretty impressive.

Not really much a of point, but I think it looks like this, with HDR as the top line. All I did was flip those lines, but HDR looks more like a top line to me. Speed to burn (2/3 at least). That's a pretty awesome top 6. They could also flip Dizzy and Smith, but I'm not sure I'd do that. Either way, there is scoring spread out throughout the lineup, and White gets an opportunity to see where he's at.

I could also see a line of Hoffman-Duchene-Dzingel at some point. Might be the fastest in the league. It wouldn't be bad to see a line like that at the beginning of a game to really get the other team on their heels and force them to hesitate a bit.

No matter what, this is exciting.

Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Thompson-White

White just had an A+ game last night too. 1 goal + 1 A and a goal taken away on an open net because Perron went offside.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

We may really have something with White. Fingers crossed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The #1 star of the game was JOB, not White.

We may have something there with JOB. Fingers crossed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, white wasn't a star at all and people said that was not true.

but yeah, lol JOB

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The #1 star of the game was JOB, not White.

We may have something there with JOB.  Fingers crossed.

Lol. He isn't even Ottawa's property.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

White's great with the puck but seems to score the majority of his goals around the side of the net. He's the prototypical power forward despite his size. We just acquired a center who is apparently one of the best possession players between the goal line and hash-marks.

My guess is White will be called up when the Sens return from Sweden and you'll see a Hoff-Duch-White line at some point.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Did anyone else pick up Dorion mentioning that he was going after a college free agent who is represented by Pat Brisson (Duchene and Brassard's agent)?

He said something either in his Duchene news conference or afterwards.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

For sure. He was almost a lock at the start of camp to be in Ottawa, especially with CMac not being cleared. Unfortunately you miss the first 12-15 games you can't just jump in like Brassard did after missing camp. Everyone else will be a step ahead, but this is a team that is playing, arguably, 4-5 4th liners on a regular basis; they'll find room for him and then it's his job to work his way up.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

For sure.  He was almost a lock at the start of camp to be in Ottawa, especially with CMac not being cleared.  Unfortunately you miss the first 12-15 games you can't just jump in like Brassard did after missing camp.  Everyone else will be a step ahead, but this is a team that is playing, arguably, 4-5 4th liners on a regular basis; they'll find room for him and then it's his job to work his way up.

I assume you're talking about White and not JOB, but the way you quoted previous posts has made this a farkin' mess.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

JOB=win.

Just not in the NHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Especially not for the Sens, now that he doesn't have Turris for to drop-pass to.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

For sure.  He was almost a lock at the start of camp to be in Ottawa, especially with CMac not being cleared.  Unfortunately you miss the first 12-15 games you can't just jump in like Brassard did after missing camp.  Everyone else will be a step ahead, but this is a team that is playing, arguably, 4-5 4th liners on a regular basis; they'll find room for him and then it's his job to work his way up.

I assume you're talking about White and not JOB, but the way you quoted previous posts has made this a farkin' mess.

Lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

Maybe that was a tweet from a few years back Sarcasm

Seriously, though, I remember people getting excited about JOB. After all, he made Team USA, so he had to be good, right? I remember that year my b-i-l giving us tickets to the USA-Kazakhstan game. Not even joking. That was a thing (they should have had "Borat" as an assistant coach behind the bench going "Niiiiice" every time the US team scored). And I remember thinking -- "That skinny kid with the big nose? That's who we're getting excited about?"

To be fair, Colin White did better. And against better competition than Kazakhstan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum