GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 NHL draft talk

+3
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
Flo The Action
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

462017 NHL draft talk - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NHL draft talk Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:04 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't mind the sens going after Alzner. That would be perfect for EK.
If not kulikov is an interesting name out there but that would likely force Phaneuf to play top line.

472017 NHL draft talk - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NHL draft talk Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I wouldn't mind the sens going after Alzner. That would be perfect for EK.
If not kulikov is an interesting name out there but that would likely force Phaneuf to play top line.

Not sure they will go to that extent to add a UFA of that calibre. I see Ottawa adding some depth pieces. Forwards such as Nate Thompson or Brandon Pirri who can play bottom six minutes and add some offense. Personally I am surprised that Pyatt hasn't signed yet, and at this point I don't see Stalberg coming back. So both may not be back as the Sens lineup is pretty full as it is.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Mac-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-XXXXX
Dzingel-White-Burrows

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Claesson-Ceci
Boro-Wideman
Extra: Chabot

482017 NHL draft talk - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NHL draft talk Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:38 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens will definitely add a UFA and I think Phaneuf will be traded without question now.

492017 NHL draft talk - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NHL draft talk Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Sens will definitely add a UFA and I think Phaneuf will be traded without question now.

You're probably right. The key for Ottawa is to make a trade where his salary is completely off the books. The nice thing is his salary continues to diminish over time so even if we get roped with a portion of his salary it won't be too bad going forward.

I just have zero sense of what his value is and his value may increase once Shattenkirk is no longer a UFA. But Vegas is probably thinking the same hence their desire for the market to dry up before making trades with other teams.

502017 NHL draft talk - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NHL draft talk Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stone is the answer. He's a really solid player.

512017 NHL draft talk - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NHL draft talk Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like the Alex Formenton pick a lot. A couple of pre drafts had him in the 35-37 range and one publication (can't recall if it was McKeen) said that if his brain and hands ever catch up to his feet, he'll be hugely dangerous. I like this one, I think the kid can breakout a bit next year and be a real candidate down the road.

522017 NHL draft talk - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NHL draft talk Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:I wouldn't mind the sens going after Alzner. That would be perfect for EK.

Alzner has bad hand issues from blocking shots. He can't open jars apparently, has very, very weak wrists etc. He's a massive risk, probably pass.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum