GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 64]

9312017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Can anyone else offer a better young D-man than Ceci?  I know they want Chabot.  I want a 70" OLED TV but will settle for an upgrade on my 32" upstairs.

Yeah, they had their chances.  If I were them is go for a bunch of prospects including logan brown, jaros, claesson, harpur, chlapik.
I still don't think they'll get a better offer than the one they got off the isles earlier in the summer.

And they aren't gonna get the package they want. Why should they? They aren't trading Gretzky. Ideally it should be a top 4 D with upside + a pick/prospect. I don't know how duchene has such an inflated value. 

Ceci and a first or brown is way enough

What was the Isles deal?

9322017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:37 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Can anyone else offer a better young D-man than Ceci?  I know they want Chabot.  I want a 70" OLED TV but will settle for an upgrade on my 32" upstairs.

Yeah, they had their chances.  If I were them is go for a bunch of prospects including logan brown, jaros, claesson, harpur, chlapik.
I still don't think they'll get a better offer than the one they got off the isles earlier in the summer.

And they aren't gonna get the package they want. Why should they? They aren't trading Gretzky. Ideally it should be a top 4 D with upside + a pick/prospect. I don't know how duchene has such an inflated value. 

Ceci and a first or brown is way enough

What was the Isles deal?

Hamonic, I think. Which they don't really have a huge need for. They need a lefty.

9332017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:

Hamonic, I think.  Which they don't really have a huge need for.  They need a lefty.

Ok, fine, Boro.

9342017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It was hamonic plus a 1st and a second I think.

9352017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:It was hamonic plus a 1st and a second I think.

Geez...still, not optimum for Colorado to have 3 big minute right dmen

9362017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a big haul though...would be tempting.

9372017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:18 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whatever happens I can't see duchene still in Colorado by game 1. Too many teams involved. I just hope it's not the habs.

9382017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:17 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I get trading for Duchene from an Ottawa perspective to push for the Cup this year and next. I just think there's no real way to resign given Turris/Stone/Karlsson contracts need to be worked out. So it will indeed be mortgaging the future for winning now...which I'm not opposed to.

9392017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Duchene is better than Turris so I wouldn't mind making that swap in two years.

9402017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Duchene is better than Turris so I wouldn't mind making that swap in two years.

Duchene may be offensively better, but he's certainly not as valuable to the team. Turris is good on face offs and kills penalties. Duchene plays with, arguably, higher-end offensively talented linemates, has a higher percentage of his total ice time on the PP, and the Oilers pp was pretty good last season. Duchene will likely have a higher salary going forward and, although he's 2 years younger, has played in more NHL games -- not exactly a bonus given that both players aren't big by NHL standards. Duchene has taken more of a beating than Turris, especially when all of his career has been spent in the Western Conference (Turris played a lot fewer of his games in the West).

9412017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:49 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Duchene is better than Turris so I wouldn't mind making that swap in two years.

Duchene may be offensively better, but he's certainly not as valuable to the team.  Turris is good on face offs and kills penalties.  Duchene plays with, arguably, higher-end offensively talented linemates, has a higher percentage of his total ice time on the PP, and the Oilers pp was pretty good last season.  Duchene will likely have a higher salary going forward and, although he's 2 years younger, has played in more NHL games -- not exactly a bonus given that both players aren't big by NHL standards.  Duchene has taken more of a beating than Turris, especially when all of his career has been spent in the Western Conference (Turris played a lot fewer of his games in the West).

Duchene plays for the Avs. I disagree that he's not as valuable, he's a good two-way centre for sure. He'd be better than Turris as a #1 C for Ottawa IMO.

9422017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:54 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Duchene may be offensively better, but he's certainly not as valuable to the team.  Turris is good on face offs and kills penalties.  Duchene plays with, arguably, higher-end offensively talented linemates, has a higher percentage of his total ice time on the PP, and the Oilers pp was pretty good last season.  Duchene will likely have a higher salary going forward and, although he's 2 years younger, has played in more NHL games -- not exactly a bonus given that both players aren't big by NHL standards.  Duchene has taken more of a beating than Turris, especially when all of his career has been spent in the Western Conference (Turris played a lot fewer of his games in the West).

Duchene plays for the Avs. I disagree that he's not as valuable, he's a good two-way centre for sure. He'd be better than Turris as a #1 C for Ottawa IMO.

He's definitely an upgrade on Turris. Also, why would you bring up Turris's faceoff ability, prags? Duchene is one of the best in the league. Didn't he have like 60% last year? Turris won't be able to use his leg move this year either.

EDIT: 62.6% for Duchene and 53.1% for Turris.

9432017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Duchene is a monster on draws - if he's still effective after this rule change. Turris has grown and developed here though, I'd like to keep him personally. If you can add Duchene for futures that don't included Chabot, then go for it, but if it included Turris, I don't see the point personally.

9442017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see why you add duchene either if it takes out turris. Personally I see us as a better team with both of them on the team, one of the other is only a slight upgrade. Even if that.

I say we should make a move for duschene and see where the pieces fall two years from now.

By resigning turris we'd have control over his contract and in two years you could resign duchene and have an extremely good trade chip in turris.
At any rate this would also send the right message to karlsson about winning and could play very favourably in contract talks next summer.

9452017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we did resign turris and duschene we have brass coming off the books also in two years.
Duschene and turris as a 1 and 2 is pretty decent. Or even if white makes his way as a top 2 someone moves to the wing and you have a great top 6.

9462017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd personally say that you need to have both Turris and Duchene. Duchene that can play LW and take the left handed draws and Turris to be the pivot.

If you're going to do it, go for it, just don't trade Chabot at this point.

9472017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I'd personally say that you need to have both Turris and Duchene.  Duchene that can play LW and take the left handed draws and Turris to be the pivot.

If you're going to do it, go for it, just don't trade Chabot at this point.

I think chabot is my only untouchable at this point in so far as prospects. I would rather keep white and brown but if one of those two can turn us into a serious cap tender then so be it. But we better be serious.

9482017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 63 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if a trade might come in the form of Englund, Ceci and a pick. I know the right side is pretty decent in the top 4 in Colorado but they've been talking about moving on from Barrie for a while now.

Could Sakic move Barrie for a left handed D he's coveting? They could get a pretty good one right handed D don't come cheap.
Or could there be a three way trade?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum