GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT #4, Sens @ Bruins, April 19, 7:30PM

+5
spader
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Can everyone STFU about Andy not pulling his weight now?

Not sure why this comment has to happen. He wasn't pulling his weight, and he came up huge tonight as he should have.

Sens should have swept this series but my sens in 5 prediction js looking nice

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ryan's redemption...

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Feels good to be up 3-1.  With 3D still out and Krejci not 100% the chances of them staging a come back are pretty low. But if we hold this lead,  whoever we face in round 2 will not have half their regular D out.  We will still Stone and Turris to get back to scoring.

Pyatt out. Time for White?
I would like to finish this in 5. Heal some bodies. Then face a tired team from whoever comes out of the habs/NYR series.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Feels good to be up 3-1.  With 3D still out and Krejci not 100% the chances of them staging a come back are pretty low. But if we hold this lead,  whoever we face in round 2 will not have half their regular D out.  We will still Stone and Turris to get back to scoring.

I would like to finish this in 5. Heal some bodies. Then face a tired team from whoever comes out of the habs/NYR series.

Win in 5 at home would be huge.

I imagine Wingels/Kelly will be in for Pyatt. I am not sure if White is ready for this just yet. Need someone who can play on the PK and add some speed to the lineup. My guess in Wingels.

Here's to hoping NYR can pull this out. We match up much better against them. I don't like our odds winning one goal games against an injured Bruins D and then having to play against Price.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Win in 5 at home would be huge.

I imagine Wingels/Kelly will be in for Pyatt. I am not sure if White is ready for this just yet. Need someone who can play on the PK and add some speed to the lineup. My guess in Wingels.

Here's to hoping NYR can pull this out. We match up much better against them. I don't like our odds winning one goal games against an injured Bruins D and then having to play against Price.
You say this because of how we have lost the last 3 against the habs or because you really feel we match up better against the rangers?

I feel that we've got players playing injured and it's affecting our ability to score.

With price we're gonna have to score from in front of the net.

I don't know who I prefer to be honest. I know that beating the habs would make me feel great where I live but getting beat by the habs and I'll never hear of it. Maybe rangers is better.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

don't really care who we would play (IF WE WIN THIS SERIES). For months I have said we will win two rounds

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Can everyone STFU about Andy not pulling his weight now?

Look, he wasn't great in the first three games. Based on the precedent he had set himself with a career .933 playoffs SV%; based on the horrible puck-handling giveaways (plural), based on a couple weak goals. But I said that I had confidence he would get better and steal us a game before too long -- again, based on the precedent he had set in the past. And he did. In the first period he stole us the game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ryan, Brassard, Karlsson tied for 6th in playoff scoring (5 points each). Phaneuf next on the team with 3 points, all in one game. Stone, Turris, CMac all with a single point and need to do a little more. Pageau/Dzingel/Burrows with goose eggs, also need to be better involved. Pageau has kept the little rat quiet, although he did have a whale of a game last night, could have had 3 goals.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Damn near perfect game. Harpur looked very good. The forwards we're backchecking and forechecking very effectively. Nice.

I am going to game 5.

Yeah, even though we couldn't get on the scoresheet the execution was done better. Rask was amazing so it's hard to beat him.
I hope that we can start playing around their net more. Might actually get more scoring opportunities.
Harpur did look pretty good. He's making our lives a little easier if we loose a D-man. He looks ready for the NHL.

Lucky man! I hope they win the next one!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If we lose Methot, which I assume we will, then Harper and Claesson and even Boro can all fill in to make up the loss. Harper and Claesson look like legin 2nd pairing guys who should really be playing on our third pairing next year, but could move up. It also might allow Dorion to keep Chabot in the AHL and call him up once in a while until he's needed.

Nice scenario. Congrats to Harper for coming in here and demanding to be played, same with Claesson. And Englund is coming up fast too.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's not start talking about round 2 matchups, ok?  Still some business to take care of.  It'll be either Kelly or Wingels going in for Pyatt...I'd say Wingels, but Boucher does love Kelly, so we'll see.  It shouldn't matter.  

It was a thing of defensive beauty, watching the Sens clamp down on the Bs last night.  Rask had some very good saves and was just slightly out-duelled by Matrix .

No sense giving the Bs any hope, let's finish 'em fast.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Let's not start talking about round 2 matchups, ok?  Still some business to take care of.  It'll be either Kelly or Wingels going in for Pyatt...I'd say Wingels, but Boucher does love Kelly, so we'll see.  It shouldn't matter.  

It was a thing of defensive beauty, watching the Sens clamp down on the Bs last night.  Rask had some very good saves and was just slightly out-duelled by Matrix .

No one should talk about next round matchups until it's done, I agree.

Will Mark Stone rebound or does he have something worse going on that he's trying to play through? Like a sports hernia? He looks terrible out there, really labouring.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sounds like neither of the injured Bruins D will be back for game 5.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Let's not start talking about round 2 matchups, ok?  Still some business to take care of.  It'll be either Kelly or Wingels going in for Pyatt...I'd say Wingels, but Boucher does love Kelly, so we'll see.  It shouldn't matter.  

1-1 except for the off-side challenge. Let's face it, he was offside by 2 inches and 10 seconds later it made no difference. But I'll take it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens have had their share of lucky breaks. Chara flipping the puck over glass with 12 seconds to go and nobody really pressuring him; Bobby getting away with an elbow just as he drew the retaliation penalty; offside challenge finally working. And let's not forget the NCAA and AHL players on the back-end.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Sounds like neither of the injured Bruins D will be back for game 5.

At this point, really, I'd be just as happy if they did come back. With only one day between games if a guy misses game 4 but comes in for game 5 you know he is far from 100%, so you can still take advantage of him. In fact that AHL call-up may well be better in his second game. Now, Krejci will be in his third game back. If he didn't re-injure whatever he had injured then he will be getting more in game shape. Thing is, same can be said about Karlsson/Methot/Smith/Stone/Ceci. A bunch of Sens players got injured toward the end of the season with the result being that they were ready (some more than others) for the playoffs and a bit rested. With each game played they get a little better. If they can finish the Bruins off tomorrow then they will have at least one more day of rest, and possible 3 more, if they go 7. An extra 3 days would be fantastic for Karlsson and any other walking wounded (Stone, Burrows).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum