GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #58: Sens @ Devils, Feb 21, 2017, 7:00pm

+4
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like all three players injured on Sunday could be available to play tonight. Must have been micro injuries.

Expecting Anderson to start. *Not* expecting Boucher to go with 7D again, for a while.

The Atlantic is getting tight. After an 8-1-1 run the Panthers find themselves in 3rd, having pushed the Bruins to a wildcard spot and the Leafs out of a playoff position. And Leafs fans can forget the games in hand mantra, as they are one point back with just one game in hand -- and the way they have been playing of late, that's not much of an advantage. Boston has won four straight under Cassidy but could be caught by either the Leafs or Islanders if they win their game in hand.

The top five teams in the Atlantic are separated by just five points, and Buffalo is still in range, sitting three back of the Leafs. I guess you can't count the Lighting out, either.

Hang on to your seats.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Two games in Newark in less than a week? It's this someone's idea for a joke?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Islanders could potentially push both the Leafs and Bruins out of the playoffs. Sounds good to me.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Every game is essentially a must win. Moreso against pure shizz like the Devils.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Admittedly, this is a very important game for Ottawa. They need to beat the lower teams in the standings and put themselves in a good position heading into the 2 games vs the Florida team - neither of which we do very well against IIRC.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Islanders could potentially push both the Leafs and Bruins out of the playoffs.  Sounds good to me.

Leafs have the toughest schedule with 13 of their remaining 24 games against playoff teams. Islanders only play 10 playoff teams, but they have 17 road games left (only 7 more at home). Bruins have 10 road games and 10 games against playoff teams.

According to http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html both Leafs and Bruins have over a 60% chance of making it, while the Islanders are at 35%.

I have no idea what that site takes into consideration when calculating their percentages.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hold the phone. I just checked and saw that both Calgary and Nashville are in a wildcard spot; LA is out. Doesn't change anything for the Leafs, still 13 playoff teams. Brings the Islanders up to 13 and the Bruins up to 11.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wingels is on the ice for the practice but Stone and Hoffman are not.

Phaneuf not practicing either.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hobiesens wrote:Wingels is on the ice for the practice but Stone and Hoffman are not.

Stands to reason they'd miss tonight's game at the very least.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ryan Dzingel-Kyle Turris-Tom Pyatt

Zack Smith-Derick Brassard-Curtis Lazar

Chris Kelly-J.G. Pageau-Max McCormick

Casey Bailey-Tommy Wingels-Chris Neil

Apparently.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:Wingels is on the ice for the practice but Stone and Hoffman are not.

Garrioch mentioned that Stone and Hoffman are likely to miss one game. So much for the DOPS "no apparent injury" in determining the length of the suspension.

And wtf is it with Pierre this morning insisting that Trouba did not extend his elbow? He *absolutely* did the chicken-wing. Whether the elbow made contact or not is immaterial because the intent was clearly there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone with a broken finger, out 4-6 weeks.

Hoffman, groin, won't play tonight.

Stone, neck, also not likely.

Wingles, frankly, who cares, but will be a game time decision.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stone is out. He has a neck injury. No timetable. #Sens

— Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) February 21, 2017

Better than a concussion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Stone is out. He has a neck injury. No timetable. #Sens

— Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) February 21, 2017

Better than a concussion.

Could have used five and a game on that hit.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Stone with a broken finger, out 4-6 weeks.

Hoffman, groin, won't play tonight.

Stone, neck, also not likely.

Wingles, frankly, who cares, but will be a game time decision.  

Ryan with a broken finger....

Too bad. Was hoping there were legs to the Ryan for Cammalleri talks. I guess we can still trade an injured player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum