GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

+5
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Melnyk was on the radio and I really want to believe that he let it slip that we're going hard after Duchene.

I heard a little bit of a couple different interviews and he contradicted himself, so I have no idea what they're up to, which is pretty much always the case anyway. I just hope for an interesting trade deadline so it justifies the day off I'm taking!

Oooouuuuuu day off! I didn't think of this this year. What day does it fall on?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Melnyk was on the radio and I really want to believe that he let it slip that we're going hard after Duchene.

I heard a little bit of a couple different interviews and he contradicted himself, so I have no idea what they're up to, which is pretty much always the case anyway. I just hope for an interesting trade deadline so it justifies the day off I'm taking!

A Wednesday.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

A Wednesday.
Great no class! I'll be streaming it from the library! But knowing the sens if we make any moves they will come ahead of the deadline.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What's the 2017 equivalent of Martin Lapointe?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:What's the 2017 equivalent of Martin Lapointe?

Chris "Kells" Kelly.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Jagr would have been nice but the suddenly surging Panthers will make the playoffs this year

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Vrbata and stone are what I am sticking with unless the sens decide to take a shot at duclair as well.

And for the sake of argument, this year's Martin Lapointe is Shane Doan

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stone would be nice, but we couldnt extend him until after the expansion draft I assume.  Tricky stuff right now

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Chris "Kells" Kelly.

Kelly only has one ring, is making way less and is already here. I'm talking about an over-paid third liner who's playing like a fourth liner with two rings who will come here and play 30-ish games (including a few in the playoffs), then leave in the off-season into relative anonymity. Bonus points if his name/stature/history can elicit a cringe-worthy headline from one of Ottawa's finest.

100Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:11 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Could we see a lazar for duclair trade happening?

101Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Could we see a lazar for duclair trade happening?

Why would Arizona do that? I don't know much about the situation.

102Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:47 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We'd have to give up more than just Lazar for Duclair, but it's a good starting point.

103Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens apparently have no interest in Duclair.

104Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 7 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Chris "Kells" Kelly.

Kelly only has one ring, is making way less and is already here.  I'm talking about an over-paid third liner who's playing like a fourth liner with two rings who will come here and play 30-ish games (including a few in the playoffs), then leave in the off-season into relative anonymity.  Bonus points if his name/stature/history can elicit a cringe-worthy headline from one of Ottawa's finest.

Yeah off the top of my head Kelly was the closest thing. Max Talbot is in the KHL... I guess Marty Lapointe was a rare commodity.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Chris "Kells" Kelly.

Kelly only has one ring, is making way less and is already here.  I'm talking about an over-paid third liner who's playing like a fourth liner with two rings who will come here and play 30-ish games (including a few in the playoffs), then leave in the off-season into relative anonymity.  Bonus points if his name/stature/history can elicit a cringe-worthy headline from one of Ottawa's finest.

Yeah off the top of my head Kelly was the closest thing. Max Talbot is in the KHL... I guess Marty Lapointe was a rare commodity.

Someone from Detroit, like Helm or Ott.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Chris "Kells" Kelly.

How about BOTH!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Chris "Kells" Kelly.

How about BOTH!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Sure, that will allow us to roll all five lines.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting "Ryan for Cammalleri" trade scenario discussed in this article:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-trade-deadline-team-needs-ottawa-senators/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum