GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

+5
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:What's the 2017 equivalent of Martin Lapointe?

Chris "Kells" Kelly.

Kelly only has one ring, is making way less and is already here.  I'm talking about an over-paid third liner who's playing like a fourth liner with two rings who will come here and play 30-ish games (including a few in the playoffs), then leave in the off-season into relative anonymity.  Bonus points if his name/stature/history can elicit a cringe-worthy headline from one of Ottawa's finest.

Yeah off the top of my head Kelly was the closest thing. Max Talbot is in the KHL... I guess Marty Lapointe was a rare commodity.

Someone from Detroit, like Helm or Ott.

How about BOTH!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:What's the 2017 equivalent of Martin Lapointe?

Chris "Kells" Kelly.

Kelly only has one ring, is making way less and is already here.  I'm talking about an over-paid third liner who's playing like a fourth liner with two rings who will come here and play 30-ish games (including a few in the playoffs), then leave in the off-season into relative anonymity.  Bonus points if his name/stature/history can elicit a cringe-worthy headline from one of Ottawa's finest.

Yeah off the top of my head Kelly was the closest thing. Max Talbot is in the KHL... I guess Marty Lapointe was a rare commodity.

Someone from Detroit, like Helm or Ott.

How about BOTH!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Sure, that will allow us to roll all five lines.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting "Ryan for Cammalleri" trade scenario discussed in this article:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-trade-deadline-team-needs-ottawa-senators/

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Interesting "Ryan for Cammalleri" trade scenario discussed in this article:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-trade-deadline-team-needs-ottawa-senators/

Depends on the cam we get back. I guess it is much smaller in terms.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Interesting "Ryan for Cammalleri" trade scenario discussed in this article:

Yes please.  Holy crow, who would do that?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Yes please.  Holy crow, who would do that?

The only way it could happen is if the Devil's believe Bobby can turn it around...And I think the only way for that to happen is if Bobby goes on a pretty good streak sometime soon.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cussing bobby ryan.  Damn...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was thinking of the Bobby R thing today and determined that if we had resigned Alfie in the fateful offseason, we'd still have Silfverberg and not Bobby's albatross contract.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Friggin' Alfie.

115Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 8 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:03 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, that was a weird day.

116Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 8 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was just as excited to get ryan as I was in shock about Alfie.  I thought Ryan was gonna be a perennial 30-40 goal guy here.

117Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 8 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think everyone, including Ryan, though he would be bringing more.

To be fair maybe they would have made another trade for another player. It's hard playing the guessing game. Better not to

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I was thinking of the Bobby R thing today and determined that if we had resigned Alfie in the fateful offseason, we'd still have Silfverberg and not Bobby's albatross contract.

It's funny that there was a time when most fans seemed to be screaming that not re-signing Ryan was the worst thing the team could possibly do. It was seen as evidence of the restrictive nature of Melnyk's budget, and many posters (some of whom still post here) were ready to quit on the team if THE BUDGET cost us Ryan.

Short memories for some. Tim, I'm not singling you out, just commenting generally on the topic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I believe terms like "destroy the franchise" were used. NEELY and/or Ev were very vocal saying it wouldn't be a big loss.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

EV was saying that, I thought it would be horrific if we couldn't sign him.

121Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 8 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:41 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I definitely thought it would send the wrong message. And it would have. Still think so.
This is a very fragile market in Ottawa. Melnyk being so vocal about the budget certainly hasn't helped the team.

You can't discount this sort of thing. For a time you couldn't mention the sens in the sports media without it adding the words budget.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bobby Mac is saying Michael Stone to Calgary.

Edit: for a third and conditional fifth (if he re-signs), and Arizona keeps 50% salary.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Price was real low on Stone...real low. Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum