GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

+5
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

181Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:16 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ron Hainsey traded from Carolina to Pittsburgh with 50% retained by Carolina - for a 2nd round pick and some dude (Kristo).

182Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:27 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ron Hainsey traded from Carolina to Pittsburgh with 50% retained by Carolina - for a 2nd round pick and some dude (Kristo).
I don't think Danny kristo is much to write home about. First drafted (I think in the second round) by the habs to be a scorer and I think he was part of that Gomez package an eternity ago. I don't even think he got resigned by the rags. Seems to have had success at the AHL level but for some reason he never gets a shot in the NHL.

So basically it's a 2nd round pick and an AHLer for hainsey.

My first thought was wow, thats expensive but I guess hainsey plays 22 minutes a night in Carolina. So you're basically getting a top 4 Dman for a 2nd rounder. It's a rental but ok. Sets the price at fair.

183Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Even Henrique is wearing out his welcome, I'd imagine.  Almost time to burn it to the ground and build around Zajac.Schneider/Hall/Severson.  What a sad place to play ice hockey.

I think they were hoping to rebuild around Travis "Pat" Zajac when they first starting sucking. What a mistake that was. Zajac? Really?! Laugh1 Laughing3

184Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Even Henrique is wearing out his welcome, I'd imagine.  Almost time to burn it to the ground and build around Zajac.Schneider/Hall/Severson.  What a sad place to play ice hockey.

I think they were hoping to rebuild around Travis "Pat" Zajac when they first starting sucking. What a mistake that was. Zajac? Really?! Laugh1 Laughing3

I recall that, yeah. Many mistakes made in that org. Hall for Larsson isn't one of them though, IMO. Neither was Schneider for Bo Horvat. But what a boring team otherwise. Barf.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I recall that, yeah.  Many mistakes made in that org.  Hall for Larsson isn't one of them though, IMO.  Neither was Schneider for Bo Horvat.  But what a boring team otherwise. Barf.

I think you meant zacha anyways

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I recall that, yeah.  Many mistakes made in that org.  Hall for Larsson isn't one of them though, IMO.  Neither was Schneider for Bo Horvat.  But what a boring team otherwise. Barf.

I think you meant zacha anyways

Zacha? But Schneider was traded for the pick that landed Horvat.  scratch

Either way, Schneider is a top 5 or 10 goalie in the league. He's worth Bo Horvat and then some. You're right, they've made some good moves.

187Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Adrian Dater with a tantalizing couple of tweets:

I'm picking up more chatter about a potential Senators-Avs trade involving Duchene. We'll see

Sticking point on Avs-Sens trade for Duchene right now is White

188Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dater isn't really a breaker of trades or anything, but interesting nevertheless.

189Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

AJ Haefele @AJHaefele
@RobillardMatt @adater I won't speak for AD but sure sounds like Ceci/2017 first/White are the principals.
9:55 PM - 23 Feb 2017

This is a Colorado blogger, who runs Mile High Hockey (I had to look that up, of course)

190Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

God I hope they can make something happens that doesn't envolve white! And I hope Duchesne wants to sign an extension

191Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

But it's nice to hear dorion keeps pushing

192Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Give them two first or brown if you have to

193Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  - Page 13 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How accurate is that rumour though? White + 1st + Ceci for Duchene and someone sounds like it's something both GMs might think about, but then, who would take Ceci's spot? Or does Ottawa have another deal ready to go? Or do they like Wideman there for now?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:How accurate is that rumour though?  White + 1st + Ceci for Duchene and someone sounds like it's something both GMs might think about, but then, who would take Ceci's spot?  Or does Ottawa have another deal ready to go?  Or do they like Wideman there for now?

They should like Wideman, he's better than Ceci. But I'm sure they're looking at Brendan Smith just the same.

more to come

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Saying the "sticking point" is Colin White...well that is a pretty BIG sticking point.

Also, Duchene would have very little motivation to sign an extension since this is his one chance to hit UFA right in the prime of his career.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Saying the "sticking point" is Colin White...well that is a pretty BIG sticking point.

Also, Duchene would have very little motivation to sign an extension since this is his one chance to hit UFA right in the prime of his career.  

Disagree. He's from outside Toronto and will probably be happy to play closer to home. They probably won't re-sign Brassard when he's a UFA, and I imagine they will try to move Ryan between now and then. So while cap space seems tight right now, by the time he's a UFA the priority will be to sign him, Turris, and Karlsson. I get that's a lot of money but there's your core with Stone and Hoffman and, White, Brown and Chabot still on ELC's.

I feel as though Dorion can avoid trading White if it means adding in Lazar and Chlapik. Do you do it?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Saying the "sticking point" is Colin White...well that is a pretty BIG sticking point.

Meanwhile, Colin White seems to have very little motivation to sign and ELC with Ottawa... MAKE THE DAMN DEAL!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Disagree. He's from outside Toronto and will probably be happy to play closer to home. They probably won't re-sign Brassard when he's a UFA, and I imagine they will try to move Ryan between now and then. So while cap space seems tight right now, by the time he's a UFA the priority will be to sign him, Turris, and Karlsson. I get that's a lot of money but there's your core with Stone and Hoffman and, White, Brown and Chabot still on ELC's.

I feel as though Dorion can avoid trading White if it means adding in Lazar and Chlapik. Do you do it?

He can play closer to home and still go to free agency.... And I don't think bundling Lazar (no value) and Chlapik makes up for not including White.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum