GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

+4
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:There's always the buyout. Or they could try to pry Lou from Shanahan's grip and let him figure it out.

The buyout is like 10 years, isn't it?  There must be someone out there who wants Ryan?...?

Maybe someone like Arizona who needs to hit the cap floor. But I imagine we'd have to give up some futures as well. There are very few scenarios where I see Bobby Ryan being traded.

I wish he'd work harder to skate at the NHL medium.  I'm tremendously disappointed in him.  If it's the hernia that's never recovered, then that's life I guess, but I suspect it's laziness mixed in there.

A friend of mine who is close with some players on the team said he is by for the most talented player on the team but doesn't spend any time in the gym and doesn't seem to care.

Maybe Team USA's assessment on him is true. Guy can't spell intensity. It's quite evident to me that he doesn't care.

I'm afraid you're right in that assessment.  And those kind of players don't survive in this highly competitive league.  What the heck are we gonna do...

LTIR?

What I find surprising is that Boucher hasn't found a way to motivate him. I mean, he's got a degree in psychology.

Boucher hasn't thrown Ryan under the bus not once. Could it be that we're missing on something? You would think that if there was a problem with Ryan it might leak out in some way.
Maybe they are trying to find a way to move him.
I think it's fair to think that exposing him at the draft and loosing him for nothing might not be the worst idea if we're to face more of this. I'm not completely against Ryan but there's gotta to be a turning point because his play isn't going to to lead us anywhere. He went from a guy that could create nice goals to being a garbage goal guy. You have to wonder where his heads at.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:I'm convinced his retreat in Idaho isn't really doing wonders for his conditioning or prepping him well enough for the NHL.  Might have worked before but not in this day and age.

Haha "prepping."

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:There's always the buyout. Or they could try to pry Lou from Shanahan's grip and let him figure it out.

The buyout is like 10 years, isn't it?  There must be someone out there who wants Ryan?...?

Maybe someone like Arizona who needs to hit the cap floor. But I imagine we'd have to give up some futures as well. There are very few scenarios where I see Bobby Ryan being traded.

I wish he'd work harder to skate at the NHL medium.  I'm tremendously disappointed in him.  If it's the hernia that's never recovered, then that's life I guess, but I suspect it's laziness mixed in there.

A friend of mine who is close with some players on the team said he is by for the most talented player on the team but doesn't spend any time in the gym and doesn't seem to care.

Maybe Team USA's assessment on him is true. Guy can't spell intensity. It's quite evident to me that he doesn't care.

I'm afraid you're right in that assessment.  And those kind of players don't survive in this highly competitive league.  What the heck are we gonna do...

LTIR?

Not sure if he's at that stage where any time off would help. I wish I knew if it's still his hernia or if he's just lazy and unmotivated - I'm really curious for whatever reason.

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

LTIR?

What I find surprising is that Boucher hasn't found a way to motivate him. I mean, he's got a degree in psychology.

Boucher hasn't thrown Ryan under the bus not once. Could it be that we're missing on something? You would think that if there was a problem with Ryan it might leak out in some way.
Maybe they are trying to find a way to move him.
I think it's fair to think that exposing him at the draft and loosing him for nothing might not be the worst idea if we're to face more of this. I'm not completely against Ryan but there's gotta to be a turning point because his play isn't going to to lead us anywhere. He went from a guy that could create nice goals to being a garbage goal guy. You have to wonder where his heads at.

That's why I think it's a chronic issue resulting from his hernia. He's looked slow and laboring all year. If he's got a chronic problem, we are Cussed as Cussed can be in about 2 years when he's a sloth out on the ice with a near elite cap hit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds like you are coming around to my side.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Sounds like you are coming around to my side.

What side is that?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:

What side is that?

That he never got over that sports hernia. He wasn't great his first season here but he was certainly better. Then he had a great start in his second year until some time in November, and later we find out he'd been struggling with the sports hernia. Next season the broken finger.

A series of unfortunate events. Maybe Alfie should give him some of his Wolverine blood.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

What side is that?

That he never got over that sports hernia. He wasn't great his first season here but he was certainly better. Then he had a great start in his second year until some time in November, and later we find out he'd been struggling with the sports hernia. Next season the broken finger.

A series of unfortunate events. Maybe Alfie should give him some of his Wolverine blood.
I think that must be it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum