GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

+4
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Interesting comparison.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=1&gameType=2&report=goaliebystrength&pos=G&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20142015&seasonTo=20162017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,50&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,&sort=evSavePctg

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hammond starts, that's quite odd. I guess Boucher really wants Condon to have a day or two off.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Two possible reasons. Anderson is not as close as they had hoped. Or there is some interest in Hammond or Condon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lazar and Claesson sit. NEIL = IN.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, maybe. I still think Condon is tired, whether or not he'll admit it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They also have Anderson saying he still does not have a timetable for his return to action. So sounds more like my reason #1.

On the other hand, they can't go with three goalies. One way or another they have to move/lose one of them (trade, buyout, expansion draft). As it stands now they could easily lose Condon and end up having to buy out Hammond (eventually). He has to play to either prove he can still be a valuable backup, or to show that he has to move on.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Condon doesn't have a contract after this season, so who knows where he'll wind up. I don't see Ottawa resigning him unless they can rid themselves of Hammond.

Anyway, let's crush the Blues tonight.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Condon doesn't have a contract after this season, so who knows where he'll wind up.  I don't see Ottawa resigning him unless they can rid themselves of Hammond.  

Yeah, I don't see Melnyk paying NHL dollars to two back ups. Just won't happen. I can't even say I prefer Condon. Hammond did better which a much more questionable defensive structure but it seems like it was flash in the pan. He hasn't proven it was more than what we saw during that one run.

Where is Ev white his "Hammond is our number 1 of the future" talk? Big bold predictions. I kind of wish he'd do more. The Briere to Ottawa is getting old.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Time to do what we should have done to Buffalo. 12 - 0 Sens.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Condon doesn't have a contract after this season, so who knows where he'll wind up.  I don't see Ottawa resigning him unless they can rid themselves of Hammond.  

Yeah, I don't see Melnyk paying NHL dollars to two back ups. Just won't happen. I can't even say I prefer Condon. Hammond did better which a much more questionable defensive structure but it seems like it was flash in the pan. He hasn't proven it was more than what we saw during that one run.

Where is Ev white his "Hammond is our number 1 of the future" talk? Big bold predictions. I kind of wish he'd do more. The Briere to Ottawa is getting old.

Oh yeah, forgot about Hammond becoming our #1. I don't think there's any doubt that Matrix is our goalie going into next year, and I think Hammond will end up being our backup, with Condon signing else where.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Wingels looks real good through 10 minutes. He's been all over the ice, getting involved in the play.

EDIT: I think I've heard his name 6 or 7 times already.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Oh yeah, forgot about Hammond becoming our #1.  I don't think there's any doubt that Matrix is our goalie going into next year, and I think Hammond will end up being our backup, with Condon signing else where.

The goaltending situation is a good problem to have, I guess. They can bury Hammond if Condon takes that backup job. A little while ago they were talking about how Condon's stats through however many games were basically identical to Bishop's the year before he went to TBL. I don't think they want to lose another goalie on the upswing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And there it is, another first career goal given out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

At least Montreal is losing. Price let in the first two shots, or at least the first one and another soon after. But the Leafs won and are tied with the Sens now (played one more game).

We had one period of The Hamburglar. Not enough to overcome three or play by the guys on front of him. Shut out two times in a row by teams out of a playoff spot.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Puking2

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not at all good enough.  Work harder.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I didn't see the last two goals. Couldn't really blame Hammond got any of the first four. And he was the main reason it was still scoreless after one. The whole team's play against a supposedly tired team was unacceptable. They were sleepwalking out there. There's no way a team that played their second game in 24 hours should be waltzing around a team that had a full day's rest. And after being shut out the previous game, this is the effort they put out?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The nice part of last night was me and my daughter could safely leave after the 3rd St Louis goal early in the third, so we dodged the traffic.

What. A. Debacle. Man, this was frustrating to watch. I wonder if there's a locker room divide right now...Karlsson and Bobby R maybe? I dunno.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum