GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #43: Sens @ Jackets, Jan 19, 2017, 7:00pm

+2
PTFlea
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Absolutely!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Zach Werenski is listed d2d, dating back to the 17th.  Anyone know what's ailing him?

EDIT: Sounds like flu, maybe (disclosed only as "illness") and his status for tonight is uncertain.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

What a pass that was!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dicey first period, but it looks like the Sens are keeping up with the Jackets in the second.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Smart play by Wideman and Dzingel.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I missed that one. Had to go pick my kid up at the park and ride. But from what I heard on the radio, that was just after the power play expired. So Dzingel was on the PP?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shutting out the jackets! Not bad, not bad! Bit of a stressful 5 on 3.

Hey, got a hard win right there!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Five on three and then six on four when they pulled Bobrovsky.

Man that was an impressive performance for his third shutout.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Six minutes to go, Leafs down by one, of course they get a power play. But Tags score a sortie and it's 4-2. Just over 4 minutes to go. Looks like the Sens will take over second place in the Atlantic.

Edit: 5-2 now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens are 8 points back of the Habs with 3 games in hand. Realistically that's 3-5 points.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dzingel would have a million goals if he had hands. 

Pretty great game from Condon!  Flu riddled team up against one of the best...Wowzers!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Terrific win!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They've beaten the Habs and Rangers when those teams were top of the league. They outplayed the Caps in both of their losses, the are 1-1 against the Penguins and got 3 out of a possible 4 against the other Cup finalist. Even record against the other two California teams.

They got schooled by Anaheim the first game then beat them (OT) the second time out. Same with the Pens. With the Caps, I think they had a stronger second game even though they outplayed them both times.

Now, it doesn't always translate into wins but it looks like they typically do better against the same team the second tone around. Even with the loss to the Leafs, they thoroughly outplayed them in the second game.

I think that speaks to the strength of the coaching staff and bodes well for a best of seven series.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boucher is all heart:

Hopefully the guys are able to feel good and be sick on the day off (Friday).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seriously a horrible time for the flu to come around...3 games in 4 nights.  I'm going to the game on Sunday vs the Blue Jackets, hopefully they're not out of gas by then.

The guys on TGOR this morning were really giving a tongue bath to Boucher this morning talking about how the team used to look like a minor league team at times and now they play well ALL THE TIME.  It was overboard.  I really like Boucher and the staff, but it's not like the team was terrible the past couple years - just not quite good enough.  Last night we were outshot 42-28 and it was a great performance by Condon that saved the day.  

Anyway, I don't want to get sidetracked here, I just think the previous two coaches get criticized a little too much when they weren't far off from what Boucher is doing here so far.  

Good W last night, still feels great this morning.

I'd also like to point out that we did a pretty good job of staying out of the box last night (or taking a Blue Jacket with us when we did get a penalty)...the crazy/flukey 5 on 3 not withstanding. Also, Dubinsky got a 10 minute misconduct at the end of the game. What a dummy.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Seriously a horrible time for the flu to come around...3 games in 4 nights.  I'm going to the game on Sunday vs the Blue Jackets, hopefully they're not out of gas by then.

The guys on TGOR this morning were really giving a tongue bath to Boucher this morning talking about how the team used to look like a minor league team at times and now they play well ALL THE TIME.  It was overboard.  I really like Boucher and the staff, but it's not like the team was terrible the past couple years - just not quite good enough.  Last night we were outshot 42-28 and it was a great performance by Condon that saved the day.  

Anyway, I don't want to get sidetracked here, I just think the previous two coaches get criticized a little too much when they weren't far off from what Boucher is doing here so far.  

Good W last night, still feels great this morning.

I'd also like to point out that we did a pretty good job of staying out of the box last night (or taking a Blue Jacket with us when we did get a penalty)...the crazy/flukey 5 on 3 not withstanding.  Also, Dubinsky got a 10 minute misconduct at the end of the game.  What a dummy.

Agreed on the coaching. Was never a fan of PTFlea's hero, "Mac", but Boucher needs to get this team to a much higher level to earn the lofty praise he's already receiving.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:They've beaten the Habs and Rangers when those teams were top of the league. They outplayed the Caps in both of their losses,  the are 1-1 against the Penguins and got 3 out of a possible 4 against the other Cup finalist. Even record against the other two California teams.

They got schooled by Anaheim the first game then beat them (OT) the second time out. Same with the Pens. With the Caps, I think they had a stronger second game even though they outplayed them both times.

Now,  it doesn't always translate into wins but it looks like they typically do better against the same team the second tone around. Even with the loss to the Leafs,  they thoroughly outplayed them in the second game.

I think that speaks to the strength of the coaching staff and bodes well for a best of seven series.

I think you're right, that's a testament to the coaching staff because when you look at the roster it's less than ideal.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How do you explain losses to lesser teams?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum