GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #40: Pens @ Sens, Jan 12, 2017, 7:30pm

+3
wprager
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't think rebounds were the issue in Montreal. Clearly he is not as good as the best goalie on the planet so he will look mediocre by comparison. But the whole team struggled to score, something like 102 goals over the last 48 games.  Condon was a year removed from the ECHL that year.
Rebounds were a big issue if you ask the fans that watched the whole season. You'd think they know better than me and you that catch games here and there.

According to some I watch more Habs games than Sens.  Truth be told, I listen to 690 whenever there isn't hockey talk on 1200 and they talked about lack of scoring a lot more than rebound control.

You can't beat 690 for the quantity and quality of guests.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:Great game. That was a fun one to watch. I wonder if there are still a host of people on HF who think that Condon for a 5th was poor asset management. Laugh1

It's easy being right hindsight. What were people saying here when Condon was signed!

I've been in favour of the move since it was made. That's how I know about the hate on HF. I was commenting in favour of the trade (and commenting on how stupid it is to suggest that sending a 5th rounder for a goalie that you need is poor asset mgmt).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

That you were, spader.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't think rebounds were the issue in Montreal. Clearly he is not as good as the best goalie on the planet so he will look mediocre by comparison. But the whole team struggled to score, something like 102 goals over the last 48 games.  Condon was a year removed from the ECHL that year.
Rebounds were a big issue if you ask the fans that watched the whole season. You'd think they know better than me and you that catch games here and there.

According to some I watch more Habs games than Sens.  Truth be told, I listen to 690 whenever there isn't hockey talk on 1200 and they talked about lack of scoring a lot more than rebound control.

I don't actually think that. I just give you a hard time. I do, however, think that you love +/- and sometimes rely on cherry-picked stats to be your entire argument.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

SSF might ban me for this, but I'm a big fan of Overdrive. Noodles is a great hockey talking head. O'Neill is pretty funny, and Hayes is entertaining in his role as "ridiculous homer."

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There was never more reason to be positive about the Sens position than there is now, and WP chooses this time to start trying to tell people they were wrong about something that happened months ago. Let's talk about how great the team played last night, and how we need to DEEEEEESTROY Toronto tomorrow night.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:There was never more reason to be positive about the Sens position than there is now, and WP chooses this time to start trying to tell people they were wrong about something that happened months ago.  Let's talk about how great the team played last night, and how we need to DEEEEEESTROY Toronto tomorrow night.

Destroy.  Cheers

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

SSF might ban me for this, but I'm a big fan of Overdrive. Noodles is a great hockey talking head. O'Neill is pretty funny, and Hayes is entertaining in his role as "ridiculous homer."

I wouldn't know. I do 100 percent of my sports radio listening in the car and I only get 690 and 1200. Otherwise it's entirely possible that I would ban you.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I wouldn't call 690 a great source of information. They are out to lunch so freaking often. It's sensationalism radio at its worst.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don't actually think that. I just give you a hard time. I do, however, think that you love +/- and sometimes rely on cherry-picked stats to be your entire argument.

I don't love +/- but I don't think it's a useless start, either. If you only use it to compare players on the danger team I think it's pretty accurate.

I don't rely on just stats, but sometimes that's all I have time for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum