GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #39: Oilers @ Sens, Jan 8, 2017, 7:00pm

+3
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

It's back to back, why not play O'Connor? Doesn't look like playing condon for the 16th straight game is really a recipe for success (see mtl canadiens circa 2016).

Melnyk has driven some fear into playing rookie goalies it seems

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Point was that Boucher has inadvertently made the mess worse.  Now everyone is wondering what on earth could be "complex".
Yeah I saw that interview. Doesn't sound like Ryan not playing had anything to do with the flu. It may be that the coach is sending a slight message without completely throwing him under the bus.

He did say something interesting that I'd noticed since Ryan coming over and that Ryan is behaving much more like a playmaker than a scorer. Apparently according to Boucher that's how Ryan sees himself also. Well I could live with that if Ryan was a 60-70 point player but he's not. I mean part of that is also playing with dzingel who is developing well but not a 30-40 goal scorer.
Hence there an need for dorion to get a quality player to play on that LW. I'm sure that would translate to more goals from that line and likely more goals from Ryan also. Freaking day dreaming. I know.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:It's back to back, why not play O'Connor? Doesn't look like playing condon for the 16th straight game is really a recipe for success (see mtl canadiens circa 2016).

Condon just had a week off and played great last night. Boucher is trying to win games. Condon starts.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:It's back to back, why not play O'Connor? Doesn't look like playing condon for the 16th straight game is really a recipe for success (see mtl canadiens circa 2016).

Condon just had a week off and played great last night. Boucher is trying to win games. Condon starts.
But to Condon's merit, it doesn't sound like he took the week off at all.

It's been said and echoed by a bunch of commentators that follow the sens but they simply do not have the talent to consistently win. The system will take us so far.

Of course I fear nothing will be coming up to help us. Melnyk and his budget won't allow it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Condominator just missed one perfect shot last night. He was not all that busy overall.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:All they have to do is win and Dorion can tell himself everything is alllllllllllllllright...

That in itself, encapsulates the sens managing philosophy.

Not sure if I can enjoy this win now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's kind of crazy that ceci gets over 27min and karlsson only over 23 minutes.

Reason? Boosting ceci's trade value? Karlsson needing less time on ice? It's a weird one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:All they have to do is win and Dorion can tell himself everything is alllllllllllllllright...

That in itself, encapsulates the sens managing philosophy.

Not sure if I can enjoy this win now.
Steady she goes...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good W although we obviously sat back way too much in the 3rd. Nice of the Oilers to start Dung old Guatavsson. Oilers outshot us something like 38 to 18.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice to get that w, but what the heck are we doing in the third?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Like i said, guaranteed win. Oilers were tired. Putting up just 38 shots, when they hahads 44 against the Devils.

Karlsson had 29 minutes of ice time the previous night. Ceci only had something like 25. There is method to his madness, sometimes.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

EV's hypothesis banks a win. Splits it is.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yup, I bet the Sens last night. NO way in hell Edmonton was winning two in a row and Sens were losing two in a row on back to back nights. Just very unlikely odds-wise

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Five days off right after the 3-day Christmas break, then play two games on consecutive nights before another 3 days off. No games until Thursday! What kind of BS is this?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We play the Penguins on Thursday; on Wednesday night the Penguins are in Washington. I assume they will play Fleury in the in-Division match, leaving us to face their backup. With Murray injured and Condon over here, do we even know who their backup is? Or will they go ahead and play Fleury back-to-back? Either way, good news for City Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The following game, we host the Leafs on Saturday, and the Leafs are playing on Friday in New York. The soft schedule continues.

The game after that we fly to St. Louis for the Tuesday game. The blues, meanwhile, are on a short 3-game road trip, playing the Ducks on Sunday before coming home. First home game after a road trip, one less day to recover. Again, could be very beneficial to the City Ottawa Senatores.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Five days off right after the 3-day Christmas break, then play two games on consecutive nights before another 3 days off.  No games until Thursday!  What kind of BS is this?  

It's the league I tell ya! They're out to get us!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bruins have played five more games than we have. A bye week is only 5 days off, that only accounts for 2 games. Stupid NHl.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum