GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

+3
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sens top pairing are both +5 (best on the team). Unfortunately our second pairing is -8/-9 (worst on the team).

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I'd like to beat this team, but I bet Rask gives us a hard time.

1.57 GAA and .942 SV% -- I think he gives everyone a hard time.

Holy crap. Just what we need lol.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I'd like to beat this team, but I bet Rask gives us a hard time.

1.57 GAA and .942 SV% -- I think he gives everyone a hard time.

Holy crap.  Just what we need lol.

He gave up 4 on Tuesday. Just like Price.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Go SENS GO!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Beauty goal by Stone on a nice pass from The Hoff.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice pass from Bobby on the Turris goal.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

tim1_2 wrote:Nice pass from Bobby on the Turris goal.
I was just coming in here to post that! Haha.

Can we all say this is shaping up to be a career year for Turris?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The best part of this game has been how completely we are shutting them down.  Less than 20 shots for the Bs with 5 to play now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Nice pass from Bobby on the Turris goal.
Wow, great pass!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That is one unimpressive boston team lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Two fantastic passes from two great shooters.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

PTFlea wrote:That is one unimpressive boston team lol
Or is it that we're playing better?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Two fantastic passes from two great shooters.

That play was lights out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

kyle turris wrote:
PTFlea wrote:That is one unimpressive boston team lol
Or is it that we're playing better?
Both.  

Marc Methot is getting even better as he goes along.  he looks excellent at both ends of the ice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First period they completely outplayed the Bruins and were down 1-I. I mostly fast forwarded the second but it looked like the majority of the time was spent in the Sens' end of the rink. So, naturally, they score to tie it up.

So what does everyone think is the difference in offense the last 4-5 games? I think the passing had been much crisper, and the D activates more often. Especially noticeable in the way Boro has been playing. Very quick to pass it off to Wideman in his own zone, and very aggressive in the offensive zone. I guess when the forwards are expecting that they cover the point when the D pinch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:First period they completely outplayed the Bruins and were down 1-I.   I mostly  fast forwarded the second but it looked like the majority of the time was spent in the Sens' end of the rink. So, naturally, they score to tie it up.

So what does everyone think is the difference in offense the last 4-5 games?  I think the passing had been much crisper, and the D activates more often. Especially noticeable in the way Boro has been playing. Very quick to pass it off to Wideman in his own zone, and very aggressive in the offensive zone. I guess when the forwards are expecting that they cover the point when the D pinch.
It might just come down to better luck.  some of those were chances they'd had before that didnt go in.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:First period they completely outplayed the Bruins and were down 1-I.   I mostly  fast forwarded the second but it looked like the majority of the time was spent in the Sens' end of the rink. So, naturally, they score to tie it up.

So what does everyone think is the difference in offense the last 4-5 games?  I think the passing had been much crisper, and the D activates more often. Especially noticeable in the way Boro has been playing. Very quick to pass it off to Wideman in his own zone, and very aggressive in the offensive zone. I guess when the forwards are expecting that they cover the point when the D pinch.
It might just come down to better luck.  some of those were chances they'd had before that didnt go in.

Ha. The Wideman one certainly required some luck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Pastrnak one was a shot going wide as well. Anderson put that in off his butt. And there was definitely contact made with him shortly before but they lost the challenge. But what really burns is that it looks like they let up for a second, because it appeared the puck was trapped in Phaneuf's equipment. I'm not saying the whistle should've been blown, but you don't let up *until* you hear the whistle.

But, other than, once again, letting in the first goal, that one was largely inconsequential.

If the Sens only allow one goal per game, does it really matter all that much if that's the first goal of the game?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum