GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

+3
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens return home for some more in-Division play against the Bruins.  The team continued their practice of handing out "firsts" by giving the Habs and Price their first regulation home loss.  I think I could get used to that.  Both the PK and PP streaks came to an end as the Sens gave up two ref-assisted goals while scoring one themselves.  Price was his usual self (7 of last 8 games against the Sens he has given up 3 or more goals).  Karlsson set up the tying goal (didn't get an assist but that flip set up the play) and scored the winner after taking a bad retaliation penalty (that should also have been embellishment).  

With the win the Senators leap over the Bruins into third place in the Division and a playoff spot.  Ottawa is just two points back of Tampa for second, and hold a game in hand.  However they are also just one point up on the Bruins.

Boston ran into a hot goaltender as they launched 41 shots at Jake Allan in a 4-2 loss to the visiting Blues.  In addition to the game, the Bruins also lost Chara (who left in the second period and didn't return; he will miss at least two games).  Kevan Miller may be ready to return, as is David Pastrnak.  

I can't find any game-day previews yet.  

GO SENS GO!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boucher confirmed today that Anderson will start.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Time to finish off them Broons. Permanently.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Claesson back up in Ottawa. Could be Phaneuf is a fake time decision, or maybe they go with 7 like last time, when Methot only lasted half a period.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's Diddle em up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ryan saying he's ready to go.

Claesson saying he doesn't expect to play.

Phaneuf saying his equipment smells like snus.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

The Sens are an underdog tonight. lol.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MarkStone wrote:The Sens are an underdog tonight. lol.

Yeah, without Chara the Bruins aren't the same team. He was mentoring Carlo on the top pairing and Carlo (20 years old) can't anchor the top-pairing. So Kevan Miller likely draws in (that will balance their L/R) but he hasn't played yet this year.

Liles - Carlo
Krug - McQuaid
Morrow - Miller

This keeps the second pairing intact but means Liles (who has been playing third-pairing minutes) is now on the top pairing. Not ideal, by any stretch.

That said, they still have a potent offense with Marchand, Pastrnak (assuming he plays), Bergeron, Krejci, Spooner, Backes. Bergeron has 5 points -- yikes!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting team make up. The Senators don't have a single 2nd rounder in their lineup (in their entire organization they have just Englund, Gagne and Blunden -- who was a Hawks pick). The Bruins have seven in their lineup!

Ottawa has 7 1st rounders, though, and a rare 8th rounder (Anderson).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd like to beat this team, but I bet Rask gives us a hard time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:I'd like to beat this team, but I bet Rask gives us a hard time.

1.57 GAA and .942 SV% -- I think he gives everyone a hard time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Preview:
http://scores.espn.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400884697

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens top pairing are both +5 (best on the team). Unfortunately our second pairing is -8/-9 (worst on the team).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Holy crap. Just what we need lol.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:

Holy crap.  Just what we need lol.

He gave up 4 on Tuesday. Just like Price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum