GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

+4
spader
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Assuming Anderson will start as this is the first of back-to-back games and he usually gets the starts against his former team. On the other hand, he may still be dealing with the family thing that had him missing the Thursday night game.

Ryan has a broken finger after blocking a shot -- his third one in three years; he won't play.m Only Lazar has been recalled from Bingo, so it looks like either Hoffman or Neil (or both) will play. Lazar scored the 4th goal of the first period in yesterday's Bingo game en route to a slump-busting 6-4 win in front of Dorion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson will start. Hoffman is "less than likely" -- don't think I've ever heard that before. Neil will play.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Preview:

http://scores.espn.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400884661

OTTAWA -- Two teams that should be in foul moods will take their frustrations out on each other Saturday night at Canadian Tire Centre.

The Ottawa Senators (10-6-1) suffered their worst defeat of the season when they fell 5-1 to the Nashville Predators on home ice Thursday. Four hours away on the same night, the Florida Panthers (8-8-1) were also taking their worst beating when they lost 6-1 to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

"We didn't compete hard enough and Toronto put it to us pretty good," said coach Gerard Gallant after the third stop in a four-game road trip for the Panthers. "There was nothing good about our game tonight. A lot of guys didn't play good hockey at all. ... There was no compete, not battle level."

The Panthers, who got their only goal from defenseman Aaron Ekblad, used backup goalie James Reimer against his former team. Expected to get the call in Ottawa will be Roberto Luongo, who has a 14-14-1 career record versus the Senators.

Down the ice from him in the Senators net will be Craig Anderson, who returned to the team Friday after taking a one-day leave to be with his wife Nicholle as she battles cancer.

Anderson is off to an 8-3-1 start with a goals-against average (2.12) and save percentage (.934) that ranks among the league leaders.

"Andy's been an incredible inspiration to all of us the way he's been able to deal with what Nicholle is going through," said assistant captain Dion Phaneuf. "There's no words to describe what he's done for our team. Being so unselfish and coming back to our team at such a tough time, and playing the way that he has, is incredible. It just speaks to the character of him and he's got all the support in the world from us."

Anderson spent three seasons with the Panthers (2006-09) and owns a 13-6-2 record against his old team.

While the Panthers are without injured key players Nick Bjugstad, Jonathan Huberdeau and Alex Petrovic, the Senators aren't sure who they'll have available Saturday night.

Winger Bobby Ryan was hit in the hand with a shot during the Nashville game and it appears he could miss some time. Winger Mike Hoffman didn't play Thursday because of a lower body injury and is day-to-day, while winger Chris Neil missed Friday's practice with an unspecified issue and his status is also up in the air.

"It's tough," said coach Guy Boucher. "You look at your lineup and you plug some holes, but in reality you can't ask some guys to be a top six forward when you're a fourth liner. We've got to figure out a way to use the players on the roster so that we put guys at least in the chairs that they can manage so we have the best look possible."

The two teams split the season series last year, 2-2-1.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot has 10 points in 5 games since being returned to the Sea Dogs. He spent a month in Ottawa and played 7 minutes. They are not going to call him up (I believe they can't) and I'm not suggesting they should (if they could) but it's just a shame that all they did was pay him to practice with the team.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Chabot has 10 points in 5 games since being returned to the Sea Dogs.  He spent a month in Ottawa and played 7 minutes.  They are not going to call him up (I believe they can't) and I'm not suggesting they should (if they could) but it's just a shame that all they did was pay him to practice with the team.

He played a little and he kinda stunk. He's back where he belongs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Chabot has 10 points in 5 games since being returned to the Sea Dogs.  He spent a month in Ottawa and played 7 minutes.  They are not going to call him up (I believe they can't) and I'm not suggesting they should (if they could) but it's just a shame that all they did was pay him to practice with the team.

I see that 7 minutes is enough to convince you. You should apply for a job as an amateur scout.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this is a hard one to predict. The kitties are a little banged up but they've got to be pissed and ready to go and wether this team actually shows up to win a game or not is anyone's guess.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No Hoffman or Ryan for this game.... it's hard for a dried up lake to produce any water but you got to think this is like putting a damn on a pond.

Edit: did I lose anyone in this metaphore?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I don't care about injuries or scoring slumps or new systems or callups or waivers or Ev's battle with the Silver Seven guy. 

EDIT: Or lakes. 

I just want to see a win. This game is winnable. Go win, Sens. Go Sens.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I see that 7 minutes is enough to convince you.  You should apply for a job as an amateur scout.

Did you think he played well? Do you think producing points in Junior automatically means that you belong on an NHL roster?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, I don't think he played well. But he did not get a chance to show that he learned from his mistakes (show both to himself as well as management)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Alrighty...let's see what a faster team can do tonight. It'll be interesting to see the lines. I don't think we'll miss Bobby one bit (how can you miss nothing?).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Alrighty...let's see what a faster team can do tonight.  It'll be interesting to see the lines.  I don't think we'll miss Bobby one bit (how can you miss nothing?).

You can have much worse players take his place. If Ryan was paid only 2 million would there be ground for such complaints? He might not be scoring but for the most part he played well. He might have lapses but I think most players do. The fact that he's still a threat on the ice makes opponents react differently. Having any guy in his place that isn't known for finding the back of the net changes the dynamic of opponents coverage drastically and may help them successfully shut down the guys who do manage to score for us.

I'm not debating that Ryan isn't providing us what he needs to but to say we'are better off without him is missing what he actually brings.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tims opinion on Ryan is pretty bad.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think Tim wanted a puppy and Bobby had not delivered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum