GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

+4
spader
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Alrighty...let's see what a faster team can do tonight.  It'll be interesting to see the lines.  I don't think we'll miss Bobby one bit (how can you miss nothing?).

You can have much worse players take his place. If Ryan was paid only 2 million would there be ground for such complaints? He might not be scoring but for the most part he played well. He might have lapses but I think most players do. The fact that he's still a threat on the ice makes opponents react differently. Having any guy in his place that isn't known for finding the back of the net changes the dynamic of opponents coverage drastically and may help them successfully shut down the guys who do manage to score for us.

I'm not debating that Ryan isn't providing us what he needs to but to say we'are better off without him is missing what he actually brings.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tims opinion on Ryan is pretty bad.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I think Tim wanted a puppy and Bobby had not delivered.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Completely dominating the panthers and they get Dung fluke goals. Anderson not good tonight

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I'm overly harsh on Ryan. I guess my beef is really with Murray for giving him $7.5M. 

Is it time to give up on this game and watch something else?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I'm overly harsh on Ryan. I guess my beef is really with Murray for giving him $7.5M. 

Is it time to give up on this game and watch something else?

Sorry but nobody can bash Ryan's deal. Nobody, if he wasn't signed, the same hypocrites would come out of the closet to blame the budget and the sens being a farm team for other teams.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We had to sign Ryan, especially considering what we gave up for him. That said, it looks like our evaluation of him was faulty.  Imagine if he keeps declining throughout this deal?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:We had to sign Ryan, especially considering what we gave up for him. That said, it looks like our evaluation of him was faulty.  Imagine if he keeps declining throughout this deal?

What was faulty? He has been a consistent top line rw the whole time here.

Anyway if I'm sens I trade Karlsson for multiple players in the next few years. Stack the team, don't focus on one guy. It's not like he makes us cup contenders.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The thing about Karlsson is that we are wasting the years we have him under a great contract

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The thing about Karlsson is that we are wasting the years we have him under a great contract

We have given him a lot of talent to work with. We don't need him to win the cup IMO.

The package he would get would be massiv.e

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The "great talent" hasn't been enough yet.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The thing about Karlsson is that we are wasting the years we have him under a great contract

We have given him a lot of talent to work with. We don't need him to win the cup IMO.

The days of the lindros deals are dine and over with. Unless it's a McDavid coming the other way we will never win a trade. You look at the last 10 years and it's nearly always been best player in deal that tilts who wins this deal. We would lose. It might be time to deal a high pick and a high prospect for an impact forward. As much as I hate it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

The days of the lindros deals are dine and over with. Unless it's a McDavid coming the other way we will never win a trade. You look at the last 10 years and it's nearly always been best player in deal that tilts who wins this deal. We would lose. It might be time to deal a high pick and a high prospect for an impact forward. As much as I hate it.

Remember when Lazar was untouchable?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, actually.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Feels bad. I ended up switching over to the Habs game after reading a tweet how the Habs were barely holding on. Ho hum, another win for Price.

The Redbacks better win today, so I have something to watch tonight. Driving down to Montreal, hoping to get back before there's to much snow.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I realize Brassard hasn't been producing the points expected, but I still love the deal. Brassard is a big upgrade on Z-Bad IMO. Hopefully White or Brown can play the wing next year because I am very comfortable with Brassard/Turris/Pageau as our top 3 centres.

With Hoffman, Ryan and Stone we still need one more top winger. I wonder if Tampa would still do a Ceci for Drouin deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:I realize Brassard hasn't been producing the points expected, but I still love the deal.  Brassard is a big upgrade on Z-Bad IMO.  Hopefully White or Brown can play the wing next year because I am very comfortable with Brassard/Turris/Pageau as our top 3 centres.

With Hoffman, Ryan and Stone we still need one more top winger.  I wonder if Tampa would still do a Ceci for Drouin deal.

I really doubt that they would. I don't think it ever was a one for one either. I think they wanted a top prospect also.

Yeah we definetely need another scoring threat up on the left. A JVR/Saad type of player. Sadly I don't see it happening.
If it did it would likely cost us our 1st, one of our 3 top prospect and a player. Which... I flip flop on wether we should or not.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Remember when Lazar was untouchable?
Did I ever say that? I can't remember thinking it. I never thought he'd be much more than a fringe top 6. I remember thinking the best he could be would be a 3rd line center with some scoring potential.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum