GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #6: Sens @ Canucks Oct 25, 2016, 10:00pm

+6
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
spader
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I personally don't know what the rush to call up Lazar is.  Leave him down there for a month or more.

"Hello?  This is the NHLPA.  And this is called a grievance."

On what basis could the NHLPA grieve a GM's decision? Do you know of a clause in the CBA that covers this situation? If it isn't in the CBA, it isn't subject to a grievance.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's no basis for a grievance. He wasn't sent there on a conditioning stint. He was sent there a few games before his waiver eligibility kicked in.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, there's no rush that I can see.  I think he'd be a bit of an upgrade on Puempel on the 4th line, that's it.

I thought Puempel was strong last night.  I'd like to see him again vs Calgary to see if he can make use of his 8 minutes of icetime or whatever it was.

Did he do something outstanding in periods 1 or 2?  I watched 3 but mostly FFWd through 1 and 2.  To be honest, I noticed Kelly and Neil more than Puempel.

There was a shift - and I can't remember when - when he skated down one of the Canucks D-man in the Vancouver defensive zone and chased him around, then he went across ice and chased down the other defender until he forced a turnover. It was an excellent shift and based on his TOI, I'd say he plays Calgary for it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, there's no rush that I can see.  I think he'd be a bit of an upgrade on Puempel on the 4th line, that's it.

I thought Puempel was strong last night.  I'd like to see him again vs Calgary to see if he can make use of his 8 minutes of icetime or whatever it was.

Did he do something outstanding in periods 1 or 2?  I watched 3 but mostly FFWd through 1 and 2.  To be honest, I noticed Kelly and Neil more than Puempel.

There was a shift - and I can't remember when - when he skated down one of the Canucks D-man in the Vancouver defensive zone and chased him around, then he went across ice and chased down the other defender until he forced a turnover.  It was an excellent shift and based on his TOI, I'd say he plays Calgary for it.
Based on his waivers situation I say he plays against Calgary.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

One shift? You think he had a great game because of one shift?

Oh, and the NHLPA called back and said they are looking into it with their lawyers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:One shift?  You think he had a great game because of one shift?

Oh, and the NHLPA called back and said they are looking into it with their lawyers.

He didn't play much. He showed the hustle to steal a puck at a big moment in the game and make something happen out of it. Herein lies the problem of playing someone 7 minutes a night. You just can't assess them properly. The fact that I watched Puempel do what he did from basically center ice while his partners were changing makes me thing Boucher say it too and will put him back in.

Varone got such the short end of the stick. Was he great? Who knows, he barely played before he was waived.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum