GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #6: Sens @ Canucks Oct 25, 2016, 10:00pm

+6
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
spader
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hoff-Turris-Puempel
Dzingel-Brass-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Lazar-Kelly-Pyatt

Man, this doesn't make sense at all

Whatever works. TwoThumbsUp!

Did this come from somewhere or is just BS speculation?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
Dzingel-Brass-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Lazar-Kelly-Pyatt

BS speculation. Is this our best lineup?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
Dzingel-Brass-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Lazar-Kelly-Pyatt

I'd also ask where Mac fits in if/when he's back.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
Dzingel-Brass-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Lazar-Kelly-Pyatt

I would say the best thing we can do at this point in time is roll with the lines we had last night for a while.  Let's try keeping the same lines together for maybe a 10 game stretch.  Cameron always talked about "consistency" and now Boucher is saying the same thing...one way to achieve that is to let the players stay with the same line mates for a while and work out the kinks that arise instead of just mixing and matching every other game.  

I really liked our lines against Vancouver and vote to stick with them.  The one change you could make is remove Puempel and sub in Lazar.

Hoff-Turris-Pyatt
Dzingel-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Lazar-Kelly-Neil

That.  Let's do that.  For a while. If Mac comes back, Lazar or Kelly could be yanked from the lineup without losing too much...Lazar can play centre on that 4th line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dzingel-Brass-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Lazar-Kelly-Pyatt

Boucher has no affiliation, nor any affinity to Puempel. Is there anyone left who would have been involved in scouting/drafting Puempel? I realize Murray and Dorion are still here and would have been involved in the actual decision to take Puempel but he was their third selection in the round. Someone must have been pushing for him and I wonder if that would have been the guy that just went to Vegas.

Man, that 2011 was brutal. They had three 1st round picks -- Zibanejad (gone), Noeson (gone) and Puempel (almost gone). Of those three only one has developed into an NHL-calibre player and he was dealt away because, frankly, he didn't pan out like they'd hoped. I still think it's too close to call at this point between Zibanejad and Scheifele (I'd rather have Scheifele but it's close), but Noesen and Puempel when you had Namestnikov and Kucherov (yeah, I know they were not drafting Russians) or Saad, Rackell, Trochek.

We had four picks in the top-sixty and have Puempel left to show for it. Pageau (4th round) is set as our 3rd line center and Dzingel (7th round) is leading the team in goals.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally don't know what the rush to call up Lazar is. Leave him down there for a month or more.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I personally don't know what the rush to call up Lazar is.  Leave him down there for a month or more.

Or how about (dramatic pause) a whole season!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, there's no rush that I can see. I think he'd be a bit of an upgrade on Puempel on the 4th line, that's it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I personally don't know what the rush to call up Lazar is.  Leave him down there for a month or more.

Or how about (dramatic pause) a whole season!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Sure, why not? His offense needs to be....honed...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, there's no rush that I can see.  I think he'd be a bit of an upgrade on Puempel on the 4th line, that's it.

I thought Puempel was strong last night. I'd like to see him again vs Calgary to see if he can make use of his 8 minutes of icetime or whatever it was.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"Hello? This is the NHLPA. And this is called a grievance."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, there's no rush that I can see.  I think he'd be a bit of an upgrade on Puempel on the 4th line, that's it.

He would not be replacing a leftie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:

I thought Puempel was strong last night.  I'd like to see him again vs Calgary to see if he can make use of his 8 minutes of icetime or whatever it was.

Did he do something outstanding in periods 1 or 2? I watched 3 but mostly FFWd through 1 and 2. To be honest, I noticed Kelly and Neil more than Puempel.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

"Hello?  This is the NHLPA.  And this is called a grievance."

Would the grievance be over his hurt feelings, because there is no basis for a grievance in the CBA.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

yeah they could leave him there until his contract is up

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

"Hello?  This is the NHLPA.  And this is called a grievance."

On what basis could the NHLPA grieve a GM's decision? Do you know of a clause in the CBA that covers this situation? If it isn't in the CBA, it isn't subject to a grievance.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's no basis for a grievance. He wasn't sent there on a conditioning stint. He was sent there a few games before his waiver eligibility kicked in.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I thought Puempel was strong last night.  I'd like to see him again vs Calgary to see if he can make use of his 8 minutes of icetime or whatever it was.

Did he do something outstanding in periods 1 or 2?  I watched 3 but mostly FFWd through 1 and 2.  To be honest, I noticed Kelly and Neil more than Puempel.

There was a shift - and I can't remember when - when he skated down one of the Canucks D-man in the Vancouver defensive zone and chased him around, then he went across ice and chased down the other defender until he forced a turnover. It was an excellent shift and based on his TOI, I'd say he plays Calgary for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum