GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #6: Sens @ Canucks Oct 25, 2016, 10:00pm

+6
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
spader
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Canucks are surprisingly good (tied for 3rd overall with a 4-1-1 record); the Senators are unsurprisingly average.  It's early.  Too early to evaluate or panic, but not too early, it seems, to do some line juggling.  From practice and supported by the coach's comments, Pyatt will move up to the top line and Stone will move down to the third line:

Hoffman-Turris-Pyatt
Smith-Pageau-Stone (the "Smithstonian Line")
Dzingel-Brassard-Ryan
Puempel-Kelly-Neil

With Varone waived through to Bingo the Sens will dress 12 forwards as Chabot sits.  Chabot may not have had a great outing in his first game but he really is not going to improve if he continues to sit.  This is good for his wallet, not his development.  I've always been a big Boro supporter but if Chabot is going to get his 9 games then might as well do it quickly so he can go back to Saint John and continue his development.  Boro will get his icetime.  It's a long season.

Last time Sens won in Vancouver was the 2014 Heritage Classic at BC place.  In their last win in Rogers Arena Marc Crawford was behind the home bench; Jacques Martin was still the Sens coach as Alfie scored the winner to give Martin Prusek the 2-1 win.  That was 2004.  Time to break the streak.

Last edited by wprager on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The Canucks are surprisingly good (tied for 3rd overall with a 4-1-1 record); the Senators are unsurprisingly average.  It's early.  Too early to evaluate or panic, but not too early, it seems, to do some line juggling.  From practice and supported by the coach's comments, Pyatt will move up to the top line and Stone will move down to the third line:

Hoffman-Turris-Pyatt
Smith-Pageau-Stone (the "Smithstonian Line")
Dzingel-Brassard-Ryan
Puempel-Kelly-Neil

With Varone waived through to Bingo the Sens will dress 12 forwards as Puempel and Chabot sit.  Chabot may not have had a great outing in his first game but he really is not going to improve if he continues to sit.  This is good for his wallet, not his development.  I've always been a big Boro supporter but if Chabot is going to get his 9 games then might as well do it quickly so he can go back to Saint John and continue his development.  Boro will get his icetime.  It's a long season.

Last time Sens won in Vancouver was the 2014 Heritage Classic at BC place.  In their last win in Rogers Arena Marc Crawford was behind the home bench; Jacques Martin was still the Sens coach as Alfie scored the winner to give Martin Prusek the 2-1 win.  That was 2004.  Time to break the streak.

I remember that game!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I must say, it's time for the forwards to accept the task of supporting the D-men, then moving up the ice and creating offence.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:I must say, it's time for the forwards to accept the task of supporting the D-men, then moving up the ice and creating offence.  

Isn't that pretty much what he was screaming about at practice? You make sure you have control and only then you go on offense. Or something along those lines.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I must say, it's time for the forwards to accept the task of supporting the D-men, then moving up the ice and creating offence.  

Isn't that pretty much what he was screaming about at practice?  You make sure you have control and only then you go on offense.  Or something along those lines.
Probably. I didn't listen to what he said, just saw the GIF.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's smash some faces.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Let's smash some faces.

Now that Kessler is no-longer there, who is the new Canucks to hate?  Is it Burrows?

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Stream....

http://blabseal.com/frodo/

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So prags... seems like lazar is staying in bingo for a while longer according to booboo. Told ya!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dzingel fiting nicely with brassard

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good job from Ryan taking room in front of the net for dzingel to capitalize on.
And dzingel with two goals!

Now where's that crazy prediction thread again...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22 stops. Talk about limiting the shot counts!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beauty of a third.   really came out strong.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I actually managed to watch the third live. I believe they were 17-18 shots on goal after two periods. Canucks with the 18. So they limited them to 4 in the third. Guess three games in four nights is not easy on a couple of 36 year olds.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Andy was good when called on. Glad they held on to give him a shutout.

Dzingel was very opportunistic. I don't think he had a huge game but he was in the right place at the right time.

I continue to be impressed with Smith's speed. He was blowing by opposition players again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum