GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #5: Lightning @ Sens, Oct 22, 2016, 7:00pm

+3
MarkStone
Flo The Action
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Would've been nice to have a top 6 forward do something tonight. 

Chris Neil's goal turned the tide in our favour for a while, but unfortunately he can't do it by himself. 

The PK wasn't good.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, just forget that one.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Yeah, just forget that one.

Yup shrug our shoulders at another piss poor showing. Farter

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

Big deal, we lost to a better team. So far we are 3-0 as favourite and 0-2 as underdogs

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As usual, the defencemen not named Karlsson seemed unable to get the puck out of our corner and instigate a breakout.  Too bad that we wasted all that time off with a lacklustre performance.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MarkStone wrote:Big deal, we lost to a better team. So far we are 3-0 as favourite and 0-2 as underdogs

That's the spirit, MarkStone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MarkStone wrote:Big deal, we lost to a better team. So far we are 3-0 as favourite and 0-2 as underdogs

Sorry, we were the underdog against Detroit? I'd argue playing the second game in two nights against a rested (and younger) team we'd be the underdog.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was in Montreal visiting my mom. Could barely get TSN1200 until we were at Calypso (meanwhile TSN690 has a nice strong signal all the way to Kanata. Weird.

Anyhow, missed most of it and deleted the recording in disgust when I got home. There was optimism after 2 then the signal went sideways and by the time I could get something resembling listenability it was 3-1. Was there *anything* in that performance that was good?

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:

Sorry, we were the underdog against Detroit?  I'd argue playing the second game in two nights against a rested (and younger) team we'd be the underdog.  

We were absolutely the underdog. I know this for a fact. Not a chance they were underdog against arizona lol. I bet on the sens that night and they were heavy favourites.

Basically, this year, we've won every game we were supposed to win and lost every game we were supposed to lose.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Was there *anything* in that performance that was good?

Chris Neil was really good. Hoffman had a shot on the PP that should've gone in, but Vasilevskiy stopped it with the upper shaft of his stick.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was playin poker with friends so I only had half an eye on the game. I kind of expected for us to lose this one so it's no surprise but it doesnt sound like we even gave them a hard time. This could be a long year.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

That's actuall by true. We outplayed them int eh second. Third was very even

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MarkStone wrote:
wprager wrote:

Sorry, we were the underdog against Detroit?  I'd argue playing the second game in two nights against a rested (and younger) team we'd be the underdog.  

We were absolutely the underdog. I know this for a fact. Not a chance they were underdog against arizona lol. I bet on the sens that night and they were heavy favourites.

Basically, this year, we've won every game we were supposed to win and lost every game we were supposed to lose.

Pretty sure I checked back then (when you said Detroit was the favorite) and found it to be the opposite. Sens were the odds-on favorite against the Red Wings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MarkStone wrote:That's actuall by true. We outplayed them int eh second. Third was very even

From what I recall it was the second half of the second. After they went up 2-0 they were way ahead in shots on goal. Even though the play was very clearly on-side Boucher called for a coach's challenge which gave him basically a 2 minute timeout instead of just 30 seconds, then they also had a TV time out right after that so he had 4-1/2 minutes to talk to the players. After that they went of a tear to the end of the second. Somewhere during the intermission I lost the signal again and by the time I could listen again it was 3-1.

The second goal was scored at 6:45 of the second, so at most they outplayed them for 13 minutes of the second.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Of course the more important point is that they can out-play them, but Vasilevski was great during that time and Anderson was not. Also what's with the penalties again.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
MarkStone wrote:
wprager wrote:

Pretty sure I checked back then (when you said Detroit was the favorite) and found it to be the opposite.  Sens were the odds-on favorite against the Red Wings.

They were not. I know this for a fact. I check the odds every game

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Saw some of boucher 's system coming to pass in terms of the neutral zone trap, but unfortunately Tampa Bay does it better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum