GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #22: Sens @ Rags, Nov 27, 2016, 7:00pm

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens get right back at it, facing yet another elite NHL goaltender (Rinne, Luongo, Price, Rask, Ward and now Lundqvist).

Unlike Superbowl Sunday, the NHL does not bother making sure Canadian teams aren't scheduled for an evening game on Grey Cup Sunday. Both the Ottawa Senators and Calgary Flames will be paying at the same time as the Ottawa Redblacks and Calgary Stampeders compete for the CFL's ultimate hardware.

Go Sens!!!
Go Redblacks!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Because of the Grey Cup the game will not be easy to find.

GDT - Game #22: Sens @ Rags,  Nov 27, 2016, 7:00pm Sens-listings

Last edited by wprager on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens have up 33 shots on goal against a Canes team playing a road game. And the only shot that beat Anderson, again, was not even a shot on goal (bad rebound, kicked in by Pyatt; previous game it was a shot going wide of the goal and he hip checked out onto the net).

They've got to get back to allowing under 30 because eventually a shot will beat Anderson.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if Matrix starts again today?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wonder no more. Anderson will start.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

McCormick recalled. Claesson may play. A few players are banged up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wait, so we don't get to face Hank. No rispek.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guess everyone is watching the Grey Cup.

Good win for the Sens. Shutout for Anderson. Four in a row.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

I came home to watch mid way through the third. Another win. All we need is another 2 in a row and i can be crowned grand predictor and i can go ahead and make some more bold predictions for us to achieve!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow.  Anderson was unreal, but how good a year is Methot having??

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man...Matrix ... Absolute beast mode. I keep waiting for Hammond to take over like Ev told me would happen.  Naughty

I assumed Puempel would've had a hat trick, so it was nice that didn't happen. 

Dzingel had his obligatpry breakaway, Wideman had a very good game, etc. A huge win on the back half of a back to back. Very impressive.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Credit where it's due. Boro and Wideman have been excellent all year.

They're really making sure the front of the net is taken care of, it's certainly Boucher's main objective defensively it appears.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

PTFlea wrote:Credit where it's due.  Boro and Wideman have been excellent all year.  

They're really making sure the front of the net is taken care of, it's certainly Boucher's main objective defensively it appears.  
Yeah boro is really turning his game around. Big difference in having a structured system under Boucher over whatever it was under Cameron.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens are 2 points up on Tampa with a game in hand. Not that it matters, but they are just two back of the Rangers, again, with a game in hand.

Shutting out the high scoring Rangers on the second of back to back hand is pretty impressive.

I forgot to start a Sens After 20 thread but other than extending the winning streak not much else has happened. The power play is still not very good, although it is not as horrible as it had been. Defensively, we are still giving up more shots than we take and keeping it under 30 is the exception rather than the rule.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum