GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #35: Sens @ Rangers, Dec 27, 2016, 7:00pm

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Start spreading the news. The Sens are waking up in the city that never sleeps to begin the unofficial second half of the season against Henrik Lundqvist and the Mika-less Rangers.  The King's crown appears a little tarnished of late. Pulled after allowing 4 goals on 13 shoots in his last outing, Lundqvist is sporting an uncharacteristically low SV% of .915 (Condon is .916 in December, and .922 overall).  Additionally the Rangers offense, which produced 4+ goals per game during their hot start, has cooled off to 2.25 over their last 16.

Meanwhile the Senators, without Anderson, have won four straight for the second time this season, and have points in five straight.

This will be Brassard's first game back at MSG since the trade.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NHL.com game day preview says Anderson will start, but that same sentence says he started in the win against Carolina on Saturday. Also says the Sens are on a three game winning streak.

So I'll just assume that they meant Raanta will start. Not even sure if Anderson is back with the team yet, but he's going to need a few days of practice before starting his first game in a month.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lundqvist has the flu, so Raanta will start. Vigneault not at morning skate because he was caught out of town in bad weather. En route now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Time to start an undefeated run until we take the Cup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wonder what happens if Condon continues to win. Last time Andy cache in after missing five days he was pretty ordinary. I'll assume if and when he is back they will have him go through a few days of practice before letting him play. But what if Condon is playing up the roof?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boro and Ceci both scoring. What is going on? Don't know, don't care, just keep doing it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Great. And now we are tied...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That was a pretty terrible game by Condon. The team played pretty well given the break. We'll destroy Detroit on Thursday.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That evens up some game we didn't deserve to win earlier in the season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well my prediction of five straight got beat by a hot goalie. Man, those two goals to Holden were two bad goals. But how many penalties do the Sens have to take every game?

Move on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston and Detroit both lost in regulation.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Boston and Detroit both lost in regulation.
Well at least that's that

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Boston and Detroit both lost in regulation.
Well at least that's that

3 points up on Boston with 2 games in hand. 6 points up on Tampa and 7 on Florida. 8 up on the Leafs, who are playing in Florida tonight. Tough one, but not wanting the Leafs to get another high pick, I, well, crap, tough one. Let's just hope it's a regulation decision. Habs play in Tampa. We're just 3 back of the Habs and this is their game-in-hand. Again, please no 3-point games and Go Bolts. Tomorrow these teams flip-flop with Toronto heading to Tampa and Montreal to Florida. Tired teams, here's hoping for some more injuries.

Sens next game is probably a guaranteed loss as they retire the franchise's first jersey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum