GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

They would need to move some salary to accommodate his $5.5M. Also, don't both teams need D help? Three way?

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like The Skog may be headed to Beantown. Stay tuned...

Should we do a Lando for Ceci trade?  Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like The Skog may be headed to Beantown. Stay tuned...

I would be curious to see the results.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

The Lando system?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Surgery for Gallagher. Out for a minimum of 8 weeks. Let the losing commence.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Surgery for Gallagher. Out for a minimum of 8 weeks.  Let the losing commence.
Saw this in the news this morning. Made me smile.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Game's not over yet but it's 4-0 (not 4-1) so the Leafs are likely to get two points that would tie them with the Sens and Bruins. With three games in hand on Boston that would put the Leafs in a playoff spot.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Game's not over yet but it's 4-0 (not 4-1) so the Leafs are likely to get two points that would tie them with the Sens and Bruins. With three games in hand on Boston that would put the Leafs in a playoff spot.
And that puts a disgusting feeling into my stomach. If that team is gonna be good this year I want them to finish 9th. Drafting as high as possible but not making the playoffs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Game's not over yet but it's 4-0 (not 4-1) so the Leafs are likely to get two points that would tie them with the Sens and Bruins. With three games in hand on Boston that would put the Leafs in a playoff spot.
And that puts a disgusting feeling into my stomach. If that team is gonna be good this year I want them to finish 9th. Drafting as high as possible but not making the playoffs.

They won't be good this year. Or ever. Just sit back and enjoy the collapse.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The leafs are tied with us. Wowzers.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They were bound to be better, eventually. But it took a 6-0-1 run for them to get here. Remember we the Sens got off their four game winning streak onto a three game losing streak? And, let's face it, after a week off, strong chance it will be a for game losing streak soon.

The Leafs aren't that good. They will lose a few.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens are 2 points up on the Leafs but only 1 back of the Bruins, with 4 games in hand.

Interestingly, the Panthers are now ahead of the Lightning (tied on points) and the Devils are just 2 back with a game in hand. In fact, if the teams behind (Devils, Sabres, Wings, Islanders) won their games in hand, Tampa would be tied for last in the East. Who could have predicted that.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There is quite a lot of parity in the East. Buffalo, Toronto, Carolina are all primed to be very good teams in the near future. Plus the usual Washington, Montreal, and Pittsburgh. I expect the Rags, Flyers, and Isles to regress, and NJ, Detroit will take a few years to be good again. Florida has just been decimated by injuries this year.

Ottawa is in a weird spot. Adding Mac and White at the deadline will help a great deal to see how good this team really is. And having Andy back will be nice too. But - getting Ryan off the books and bringing in a real top-six scorer will do this team wonders.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How would we get Ryan off the books?  I don't even think he'd be claimed if he were on waivers.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:How would we get Ryan off the books?  I don't even think he'd be claimed if he were on waivers.

We'd have no problem trading him. Last nights opponent would probably give us RNH, for one.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:How would we get Ryan off the books?  I don't even think he'd be claimed if he were on waivers.

We'd have no problem trading him. Last nights opponent would probably give us RNH, for one.

I think the last thing the Oilers want to do is trade a bad contract for a terrible one. That said, the Oilers are an interesting case when it comes to the expansion draft. I imagine they will be trying to trade RNH (or another well paid forward) prior to the draft just to get prospects/picks.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think the last thing the Oilers want to do is trade a bad contract for a terrible one.  That said, the Oilers are an interesting case when it comes to the expansion draft.  I imagine they will be trying to trade RNH (or another well paid forward) prior to the draft just to get prospects/picks.

I think they've been trying to unload RNH for about 2 years now... Plus, it looks like they want size on either of McDavid's wings, Draisaitl is on the right at this time. I'm sure Ryan would fit in that spot and freeing up Draisaitl to play C might be something the Oilers would like to do. Just a guess, though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan could easily be bought up, worst case scenario.

I like the guy, but I think they will look to move on.

He's a 50-55 point winger who would be a good pickup for Vegas

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum