GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I don't think he's a sexual predator.  Like a lot of pro hockey players, he's just a boy that hasn't matured yet.

Well, that's a frightening comment. Smells a bit like "boys will be boys." I hope that's not what you meant if you're also of the belief that Kane sexually assaulted someone.

His accuser ended up being a flighty dingbat without credibility.  I don't think Kane raped that girl.  I did not mean "ahh, he was just having a good time, boys will be boys!".  That's the last thought that would come into my mind.  

Now, I do believe he's an immature douchebag, sure.

Thanks for clearing that up. I agree. The 10 cent assault in Buffalo made that clear. 

Whether or not Kane assaulted that young lady, I think we can all agree that her mother's manipulation was bizarre. The fake rape kit thing was very unsettling. What a crazy thing to do. 

Either way, for all his immaturity, the guy really does have the best (or close to it) mitts in the league. I don't even understand the things he does with the puck.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I was actually talking about a different case. The other victim came out during that summer but I believe it was from an event that happened some time in the past.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Taylor Hall expected to miss 3-4 weeks (knee).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Taylor Hall expected to miss 3-4 weeks (knee).

So many injuries lately. It's getting silly.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

What's silly is how well NJ was doing... until now.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Works for me. I just picked up Severson in my pool. I hope he can keep contributing. He looks like he's well on his way to a breakout season. He's already at over 50% of his season scoring output from last season. Looks good to me!

If anyone is wondering, I picked up Dustin Brown off the waiver wire and traded him for Sev the very next day. Cheering I'm pretty pleased with that trade.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stamkos has a torn LCL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Correction, lateral meniscus tear. Heard LCL on the radio.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rehab could be 3 months.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Rehab could be 3 months.
That's good news. For us. Both Florida teams with strings of injuries.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well the caps sure found their scoring touch tonight!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stamkos might never be the same.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Well the caps sure found their scoring touch tonight!

Our turn tonight?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So weird. Both Hall and Stamkos with meniscus tears on the same day. With Hall they've already said that he's going to have arthroscopic surgery and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks. With Stamkos they have not come out with any details. Lateral meniscus tear, but no timeline. He's out indefinitely. It could well be that he will need full knee surgery and then he's out 3 months or more.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Works for me. I just picked up Severson in my pool. I hope he can keep contributing. He looks like he's well on his way to a breakout season. He's already at over 50% of his season scoring output from last season. Looks good to me!

If anyone is wondering, I picked up Dustin Brown off the waiver wire and traded him for Sev the very next day. Cheering I'm pretty pleased with that trade.

I, too, recently picked up Severson (Brown too actually).... He's been doing great! Lots of PP time too which is nice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting discussion this morning with Pierre when he talked about the Olympics. Fasel sounds optimistic, but Bettman just said that the NHLPA would have to extend the CBA, which they absolutely don't want because of the escrow. Ovechkin may be the only one who has publicly (an repeatedly) stated that he is going regardless of what the NHL says, but Walsh said that he has heard from a number of high profile players saying the same thing. Pierre said he thinks most Russians will go, most Finns, most Americans and, yes, most Canadians -- the players *want* to go to the Olympics and very soon the league will have to do something about it (if enough players take a stance like Ovechkin they can't suspend every one).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Interesting discussion this morning with Pierre when he talked about the Olympics.  Fasel sounds optimistic, but Bettman just said that the NHLPA would have to extend the CBA, which they absolutely don't want because of the escrow.  Ovechkin may be the only one who has publicly (an repeatedly) stated that he is going regardless of what the NHL says, but Walsh said that he has heard from a number of high profile players saying the same thing.  Pierre said he thinks most Russians will go, most Finns, most Americans and, yes, most Canadians -- the players *want* to go to the Olympics and very soon the league will have to do something about it (if enough players take a stance like Ovechkin they can't suspend every one).

That's such a bully tactic. You want something? Fine, give up your right to bargain.

That would bother me as a player. There's no connection between the Olympics and the CBA. I get that Bettman wants to use the leverage he has, but I think this is weak sauce.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:So weird.  Both Hall and Stamkos with meniscus tears on the same day.  With Hall they've already said that he's going to have arthroscopic surgery and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks.  With Stamkos they have not come out with any details.  Lateral meniscus tear, but no timeline.  He's out indefinitely.  It could well be that he will need full knee surgery and then he's out 3 months or more.

Injury plagued career? Is he there yet?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum