GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

MarkStone

Rookie
Rookie

SJW Alert! Accusations for crimes that weren't committed! SJW ALERT!

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Hate him, but this is one fantastic goal.

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/798148483567915010?s=09

You hate Kane? Why? He's an unreal player and might have the best mitts in the game.

He's a sexual predator.

Do you know that, or do you think it based on accusations?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

You hate Kane? Why? He's an unreal player and might have the best mitts in the game.

He's a sexual predator.

Can't it be both?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think he's a sexual predator. Like a lot of pro hockey players, he's just a boy that hasn't matured yet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

7. Speaking of forwards, very curious to see where things go with Columbus and Brandon Saad. He’s fifth on the Blue Jackets in scoring, fifth in time-on-ice among forwards. But he was almost a healthy scratch last week and, somewhere, the team wants to ease its cap crunch. Chicago investigated it last season, but couldn’t make things work. He’s 24 years old and has a lot to give. wrote:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-will-nhl-walk-away-2018-olympics/

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-will-nhl-walk-away-2018-olympics/
Oh I noticed that too this morning. What a wet dream.
Wouldnt It be amazing to acquire Saad.
I don't actually think we could pull it off but what would be the price? They want to reduce salary so I imagine it would have to be our 1st plus either white, brown or chabot plus maybe someone else like dzingel or lazar.
That's a steep price to pay.
Im more than willing to part ways with our 1st, our top prospects less so. Lazar for sure.
Maybe the next two firsts and lazar? I could be ok with that. I mean, we have three top prospects in the system. Not great but it may be time to gun for it. Besides this upcoming draft is meh. So I imagine it be like parting ways with a first and a second plus a player.
Maybe?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think he's a sexual predator.  Like a lot of pro hockey players, he's just a boy that hasn't matured yet.

I think it's a lot more than that. But that was still a filthy goal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Johnny Gaudreau has a broken finger that will require surgery. Calgary is 4 points back of a Wildcard spot. Should they just start tanking now?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Initial assessment estimates 4-6 weeks for Gaudreu.

Stamkos fell awkwardly against the boards and left the game after roughly 2 minutes of ice time. Was not putting any weight on his leg as he went off. He'll be re-evaluated when he gets back to Tampa; no other info yet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ouch.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think he's a sexual predator.  Like a lot of pro hockey players, he's just a boy that hasn't matured yet.

Lets just say he hasn't been found guilty of anything but there seems to be plenty of smoke around this guy.

I'll just say that if I had a daughter I wouldn't want her in the same social circle let alone dating him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

He's a sexual predator.

Can't it be both?  

In practice, it often is. People base their beliefs on limited, flawed, or incomplete information. They believe that they're dealing with facts, but there's actually a word for this. It's called conjecture. 

But no. For something to be a fact it has to be true. You can't "know" something that isn't true. You just believe it strongly. There's nothing wrong with believing that someone is a sexual predator, but when you publish it (as you do on this site) and present it as fact, it's called libel. Unless of course you can prove it. The onus is always on the accuser to prove their information. That said, obviously you aren't going to get charged with libel, but that's what you're doing if you're making accusations like this that you can't prove and presenting them not as opinion but as fact (like when you make a definitive statement like, "He's a sexual predator.")

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Well, that's a frightening comment. Smells a bit like "boys will be boys." I hope that's not what you meant if you're also of the belief that Kane sexually assaulted someone.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Ouch.

Brutal. Is he considered injury prone yet? He's gotta be close if he isn't already in that category. 

In other news, Johnny Hockey is getting surgery on his broken finger. That team is destined for the bottom of the league, I think.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Well, that's a frightening comment. Smells a bit like "boys will be boys." I hope that's not what you meant if you're also of the belief that Kane sexually assaulted someone.

His accuser ended up being a flighty dingbat without credibility. I don't think Kane raped that girl. I did not mean "ahh, he was just having a good time, boys will be boys!". That's the last thought that would come into my mind.

Now, I do believe he's an immature douchebag, sure.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:

His accuser ended up being a flighty dingbat without credibility.  I don't think Kane raped that girl.  I did not mean "ahh, he was just having a good time, boys will be boys!".  That's the last thought that would come into my mind.  

Now, I do believe he's an immature douchebag, sure.

Thanks for clearing that up. I agree. The 10 cent assault in Buffalo made that clear. 

Whether or not Kane assaulted that young lady, I think we can all agree that her mother's manipulation was bizarre. The fake rape kit thing was very unsettling. What a crazy thing to do. 

Either way, for all his immaturity, the guy really does have the best (or close to it) mitts in the league. I don't even understand the things he does with the puck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was actually talking about a different case. The other victim came out during that summer but I believe it was from an event that happened some time in the past.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Taylor Hall expected to miss 3-4 weeks (knee).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum