GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Seidenberg signed with the Isles, 1 year, $1M.
Well there goes our season.

No ... there is another.  

A few others, actually.

Only other I'd go for is Kris Russel but he's demanding way too much, so I don't foresee that happening.  No one else out there really, rather see what we got in our own system.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The answer might come from internally. I'll be interested to see the splitting of AHL NHL squads on Thursday for the game. See who's still in the mix. I suspect Chabot will still be there although I would prefer returning him to junior. More harm than good might come out of graduating him too early.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Hoff-Machine wrote:Cussing HELL!  I WANTED SEIDENBERG!!!! redtongue Boo!

at 1 year, $1M?  That is a bargain.  My only belief is that the sens wanted to wait longer to see exactly what they got in their training camp.  Maybe Claesson is a good candidate....but we're missing out on a lot of intangibles that Seidenberg would have brought

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Englund steal a spot.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:The answer might come from internally. I'll be interested to see the splitting of AHL NHL squads on Thursday for the game. See who's still in the mix. I suspect Chabot will still be there although I would prefer returning him to junior. More harm than good might come out of graduating him too early.

I think that's especially true with Dmen. They take longer. I have no problem with him being sent back, if that's the path they choose for him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoff-Machine wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Seidenberg signed with the Isles, 1 year, $1M.
Well there goes our season.

No ... there is another.  

A few others, actually.

Only other I'd go for is Kris Russel but he's demanding way too much, so I don't foresee that happening.  No one else out there really, rather see what we got in our own system.

How much is he demanding?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a shame about seidenberg. How did we not sign him for that??

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:That's a shame about seidenberg.  How did we not sign him for that??

The weather is nicer in Brooklyn; the taxes are lower; the owner (the new owner) is less crazy.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:

at 1 year, $1M?  That is a bargain.  My only belief is that the sens wanted to wait longer to see exactly what they got in their training camp.  Maybe Claesson is a good candidate....but we're missing out on a lot of intangibles that Seidenberg would have brought

Agreed, would be great if he did. I think it's a foregone conclusion that Chabot gets sent back to Jr., and Claesson/Boro - Wideman becomes the bottom pairing with Englund as first call-up.

Although...if there's any money being saved with Macarthur sidelined, I wonder if we have a real shot at Kris Russel?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:
spader wrote:

Agreed, would be great if he did.  I think it's a foregone conclusion that Chabot gets sent back to Jr., and Claesson/Boro - Wideman becomes the bottom pairing with Englund as first call-up.  

Although...if there's any money being saved with Macarthur sidelined, I wonder if we have a real shot at Kris Russel?

Are we really saving money with mac sidelined? The talk was that he wasn't insured...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:
spader wrote:

Agreed, would be great if he did.  I think it's a foregone conclusion that Chabot gets sent back to Jr., and Claesson/Boro - Wideman becomes the bottom pairing with Englund as first call-up.  

Are we really saving money with mac sidelined? The talk was that he wasn't insured...

I don't know how any of us would know definitively....

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe Seidneberg didn't want to play in Ottawa?

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Maybe Seidneberg didn't want to play in Ottawa?
Well I suspect that if Ottawa was a team that kept being in the conversation for his services then there was likely an interest from him as well to play there.
In the end it was likely the promise of a contract before the cup was over(and any injuries could occur) that made him side with the isles.

Kind of stupid if you ask me but whatever. Ottawa must have felt somewhat confident about internal options to delay the process. Now let's see what they do by ge end of training camp.
Hope I can get home early enough to catch the third at least.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

It's a bottom pair D way past his prime. No worries. We would have had to pay more to get him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:That's a shame about seidenberg.  How did we not sign him for that??

You can't do that. You can't look at what he signs for in another city and just assume that if we offered the same amount he'd have signed here. We have no idea what his thought process was. It's very possible that he signed where he perceived the best fit. It's also possible that he like NY better than Kanata. Or maybe he likes money and would prefer to pay US taxes. It's never as simple as "why didn't we sign player x for x amount." There's so much more going on that we know nothing about. Maybe his wife just got a job in Brooklyn and that was the main factor. Who knows?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

You can't do that. You can't look at what he signs for in another city and just assume that if we offered the same amount he'd have signed here. We have no idea what his thought process was. It's very possible that he signed where he perceived the best fit. It's also possible that he like NY better than Kanata. Or maybe he likes money and would prefer to pay US taxes. It's never as simple as "why didn't we sign player x for x amount." There's so much more going on that we know nothing about. Maybe his wife just got a job in Brooklyn and that was the main factor. Who knows?

Apparently that's what happened. Ottawa wanted to wait, as did other teams, the isles said here you go.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
spader wrote:

Apparently that's what happened.  Ottawa wanted to wait, as did other teams,  the isles said here you go.

The point is that it's silly to assume that the same offer would have done it for Ottawa. Also, you're depending on Dreger's speculation.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
spader wrote:

Apparently that's what happened.  Ottawa wanted to wait, as did other teams,  the isles said here you go.

The point is that it's silly to assume that the same offer would have done it for Ottawa. Also, you're depending on Dreger's speculation.

I believe that to be honest. Seidenberg didn't want to wait until after this silly tournament was over, he wanted a guaranteed contract. Ottawa could have offered 1.5 and got him imo, and that would have been some wonderful insurance and amazing veteran leadership.

Too bad it didn't work. Once people say him and said he had a near miracle comeback, I wanted him.

That said, I think they love Englund and want to give him a real shot. That's my take anyway.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chabot is the one they will be looking at for nine games

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum