GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:That's a shame about seidenberg.  How did we not sign him for that??

You can't do that. You can't look at what he signs for in another city and just assume that if we offered the same amount he'd have signed here. We have no idea what his thought process was. It's very possible that he signed where he perceived the best fit. It's also possible that he like NY better than Kanata. Or maybe he likes money and would prefer to pay US taxes. It's never as simple as "why didn't we sign player x for x amount." There's so much more going on that we know nothing about. Maybe his wife just got a job in Brooklyn and that was the main factor. Who knows?

Apparently that's what happened.  Ottawa wanted to wait, as did other teams,  the isles said here you go.

The point is that it's silly to assume that the same offer would have done it for Ottawa. Also, you're depending on Dreger's speculation.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:That's a shame about seidenberg.  How did we not sign him for that??

You can't do that. You can't look at what he signs for in another city and just assume that if we offered the same amount he'd have signed here. We have no idea what his thought process was. It's very possible that he signed where he perceived the best fit. It's also possible that he like NY better than Kanata. Or maybe he likes money and would prefer to pay US taxes. It's never as simple as "why didn't we sign player x for x amount." There's so much more going on that we know nothing about. Maybe his wife just got a job in Brooklyn and that was the main factor. Who knows?

Apparently that's what happened.  Ottawa wanted to wait, as did other teams,  the isles said here you go.

The point is that it's silly to assume that the same offer would have done it for Ottawa. Also, you're depending on Dreger's speculation.

I believe that to be honest. Seidenberg didn't want to wait until after this silly tournament was over, he wanted a guaranteed contract. Ottawa could have offered 1.5 and got him imo, and that would have been some wonderful insurance and amazing veteran leadership.

Too bad it didn't work. Once people say him and said he had a near miracle comeback, I wanted him.

That said, I think they love Englund and want to give him a real shot. That's my take anyway.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chabot is the one they will be looking at for nine games

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Chabot is the one they will be looking at for nine games

I don't really know why they would bother disrupting what could be a championship season for him. Wouldn't Englund have a better chance of making it this year?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see why they would win a championship

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought they were really highly ranked. Possibly I'm mistaking them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let's see who plays tonight at uOttawa. Chabot it not going to Bingo so he won't be playing, but it would be interesting to see if Englund and Claesson will be there. I have a feeling Englund may have passed Claesson, just the way Dorion and others spoke about him. Bartkowski hasn't been better and he'd cost more, so his PTO is coming to an end, I think.

Karlsson-Methot
Ceci-Phaneuf
Wideman-Englund/Boro

After that spill last night Boro may need a game off so I'm hoping we'll see Wideman-Englund against the Habs.

Any updates on Anderson?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to NHL.com scoreboard the Leafs and Sabres played to a 0-0 tie, with no shots on goal for either team. Must be the Babcock effect Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Was the game rained out?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Let's see who plays tonight at uOttawa.  Chabot it not going to Bingo so he won't be playing, but it would be interesting to see if Englund and Claesson will be there.  I have a feeling Englund may have passed Claesson, just the way Dorion and others spoke about him.  Bartkowski hasn't been better and he'd cost more, so his PTO is coming to an end, I think.  

Karlsson-Methot
Ceci-Phaneuf
Wideman-Englund/Boro

After that spill last night Boro may need a game off so I'm hoping we'll see Wideman-Englund against the Habs.

Any updates on Anderson?

Did you flip the D on purpose? scratch

Meth-EK
Phaneuf-Ceci
Englund/Boro-Wideman

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I must have been typing by looking in a mirror.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I must have been typing by looking in a mirror.  

That's pretty funny.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shaw suspended for 3 (pre-season) games. So we won't see him tomorrow afternoon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm guessing TSN will have wall-to-wall Auston Matthews coverage today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Noesen on waivers. So is Alex Grant (played in Bingo a couple years back).Jeff Schultz as well. Over 400 NHL games, shoots left.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Noesen on waivers.  So is Alex Grant (played in Bingo a couple years back).Jeff Schultz as well.  Over 400 NHL games, shoots left.

Have the waivers fun times started?
Wouldn't that be funny if we picked up Noeson. But Yeah, to be honest I, not sure how well he's developed. I know he's been injured lots. That draft wasn't nearly as good as we all thought at the time.
Sounds like puemps might be hitting the waiver wire soon too. I wouldn't be suprised if some team took a shot at him for a couple more games when he hits the wire.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Noesen on waivers.  So is Alex Grant (played in Bingo a couple years back).Jeff Schultz as well.  Over 400 NHL games, shoots left.

Wouldn't  that be funny if we picked up Noeson. But Yeah, to be honest I, not sure how well he's developed. I know he's been injured lots. That draft wasn't nearly as good as we all thought at the time.
Sounds like puemps might be hitting the waiver wire soon too. I wouldn't be suprised if some team took a shot at him for a couple more games when he hits the wire.

Where are you getting that? I figured he'd start with the big club. Is Varone stealing his spot?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Wouldn't  that be funny if we picked up Noeson. But Yeah, to be honest I, not sure how well he's developed. I know he's been injured lots. That draft wasn't nearly as good as we all thought at the time.

Where are you getting that? I figured he'd start with the big club. Is Varone stealing his spot?
That's my deduction from hearing from interviews and sound bites how the people impressing right now are dzingel and to a certain extent Varone. Also the fact that they don't want to give priority to anyone just because of draft position or things like waivers.

I expected puemps to start as the 13th forward but we will see. He might but they might try and waive him when everyone starts waiving all their players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum