GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Galchenyuk was injured in the game. Don't know how badly, but they used Flynn and Byron in the shootout, so there's that (both scored).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Here a tweet with a gif of the pay where Galchenyuk was injured. Doesn't look like much.

https://twitter.com/shaynepasquino/status/805552424907902976?s=09

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Here a tweet with a gif of the pay where Galchenyuk was injured. Doesn't look like much.

https://twitter.com/shaynepasquino/status/805552424907902976?s=09

That's a shame.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, the fact that they aren't giving any updates until he's reevaluated today gives me hope. At least there's swelling.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We're bad people, aren't we.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Galchenyuk is out indefinitely.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

https://twitter.com/JiCLajoie/status/805897207857770496

Partial MCL tear.  Thought it said ACL at first. MCL is not as bad. Still, could be out a month and who knows how effective he will be.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pierre said he thought Eichell tweaked something last night. He came back to the game but just didn't look the same.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guess everyone has heard by now that both Galchenyuk *and* Desharnais are out 6-8 weeks with matching knee injuries. That leaves them a little weak down the middle.

It was funny how on the radio done guy was trying to say how the sky is not falling because even if they go .500 the rest of the way they would still have 93 points, which is usually enough for a playoff spot. And even the 27 th place Islanders were a .500 team.

News flash: 100 is the new 95, that's how many points it might take. Also, do they not remember what happened last year?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Golden knights trademark application denied! Laughing3

Oh man, that franchise is already messing about left and right with difficulties. I'm hoping they lose and have to switch names, meaning a bunch of problems with jerseys I imagine.
Just give up the goddamn knights idea! It's lame!
If they don't I hope they just opt for he desert knights. Much more fitting and we'll be able to continue with the jokes when the franchise encounters more difficulties and we can point thatbhockey just doesn't work in the desert.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You gotta love the talk right now that Laine will be superior to Mathews. I'm sure Mathews will be great but it's always fun having something to lord over leafs fans head.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:You gotta love the talk right now that Laine will be superior to Mathews. I'm sure Mathews will be great but it's always fun having something to lord over leafs fans head.

Matthews is good, but he's also a center, which was their greatest area of need. Laine would really have to eclipse Matthews for Leafs fans to agree that he was the better option. 

But still, it's awesome to see so many rookies having better seasons than Matthews. I think the Calder is Laine, Werenski, Murray right now with Matthews in 4th.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:You gotta love the talk right now that Laine will be superior to Mathews. I'm sure Mathews will be great but it's always fun having something to lord over leafs fans head.

Matthews is good, but he's also a center, which was their greatest area of need. Laine would really have to eclipse Matthews for Leafs fans to agree that he was the better option. 

But still, it's awesome to see so many rookies having better seasons than Matthews. I think the Calder is Laine, Werenski, Murray right now with Matthews in 4th.
It's gonna be hard to beat out Laine for this one. Unless he's production drops half way through.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I think the only way Matthews gets into consideration (top 3) is if there's an injury or Fleury somehow gets his net back. Injuries could definitely happen, but I don't see Murray relinquishing that net anytime soon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's ask easy too early.

As for Mattews vs. Laine, the Leafs needed a top six center; they didn't necessarily need Matthews. They already had a decent center in Kadri and they didn't need an NHL ready center in 2016. Who knows what they could have down from the Coyotes for the first overall.

Mind you, it's not like they could have traded down with Arizona and still grabbed Laine.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:It's ask easy too early.  

As for Mattews vs. Laine, the Leafs needed a top six center; they didn't necessarily need Matthews.  They already had a decent center in Kadri and they didn't need an NHL ready center in 2016.  Who knows what they could have down from the Coyotes for the first overall.

Mind you, it's not like they could have traded down with Arizona and still grabbed Laine.  
No but they could have traded down with Arizona and received a sick package. I mean, this could have been the Londres deal all over again. Too hard to tell right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boston loses, Florida loses and Tampa loses... it's a good day in the NHL today. Now what's it gonna take for The habs to lose a freaking game!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Boston loses, Florida loses and Tampa loses... it's a good day in the NHL today. Now what's it gonna take for The habs to lose a freaking game!
In that game Palmieri crashes the crease and Price losses it. 2 to Palmieri for goalie interference and 4 to Price for roughing.

Funny part about the video is Petry just standing there, since he knows he's the one that pushed Palmieri enough to cause him to lose his balance. At one point it looks like he's trying to drag him away from Price as he's taking blocker shots to the kidneys.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum