GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

+4
wprager
spader
SensHulk
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sens were officially eliminated last night.

#GoBallsGo

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:ooooh...duplicate GDTs. Maybe that's good luck? Hammond getting a win would help me out in the finals of my pool.

It'll help me out in one of my pools too...Let's do it!

WE DID IT!

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That hit was clear interference to me. Will be outlawed soon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:That hit was clear interference to me. Will be outlawed soon.

He just swapped the puck in a split second earlier. There were two problems with that play -- first, Stone was an idiot in not keeping his head up, second, the lineseman was in the way of Stone squeezing through untouched.

Late in the game, with the Sens clinging to their 1 goal lead they were about to clear the puck along the boards and it hit the linesman who was standing inside the blue line. I have no idea why he was standing inside the blue line in the first place (refs go into corners and behind the goal, linesemen don't need to, except for face offs), but he made it even worse by not doing anything to get out of the way of the puck (didn't jump, didn't even lift his skate). It was bizarre, luckily did not lead to a tying goal, but could have.

I wonder if it was the same linesman.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

While you might be right and the NHL might want to get the 'massive' hits out of there, I don't see how they can.

That was one of the first things I thought though, great hit, but an unnecessary danger for an already violent game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:

While you might be right and the NHL might want to get the 'massive' hits out of there, I don't see how they can.

That was one of the first things I thought though, great hit, but an unnecessary danger for an already violent game.

I love Stone, but he's 70% at fault here; the other 30% goes to the linesman (he probably saw "Wideman" in the lineup and went rogue). If Stone skated at full speed in the end boards you wouldn't want to take the boards out of the game. Buff is big.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I love Stone, but he's 70% at fault here; the other 30% goes to the linesman (he probably saw "Wideman" in the lineup and went rogue).  If Stone skated at full speed in the end boards you wouldn't want to take the boards out of the game.  Buff is big.  

Meh. He was in a bad spot with the wrong guy on the ice. Every now and then, you get kamblammo'd. Unless you're Erik Karlsson.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I love Stone, but he's 70% at fault here; the other 30% goes to the linesman (he probably saw "Wideman" in the lineup and went rogue).  If Stone skated at full speed in the end boards you wouldn't want to take the boards out of the game.  Buff is big.  

Meh.  He was in a bad spot with the wrong guy on the ice.  Every now and then, you get kamblammo'd.  Unless you're Erik Karlsson.

This. The hit was 100% legal. That happens sometimes. Sucks to be Stone, but if Methot had laid that hit on Schieffele, we wouldn't be complaining.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was a good hit, I have different reactions to those than I used to though. Someone's gonna get crippled out there soon.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:It was a good hit, I have different reactions to those than I used to though.  Someone's gonna get crippled out there soon.

There's no real way to ban "hard" hits though. The only way would be to eliminate body checking, which isn't as crazy as it sounds, but likely won't happen in our life times.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum