GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2016 NHL Draft Discussion

+8
tim1_2
SensHulk
LeCaptain
spader
PTFlea
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

1212016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:10 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pronman was really high on the kid. One of the most creative players in the draft he said (or something like that).

1222016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:12 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Corey Pronman Retweeted Brian Vallentgoed
Lot of things to describe Brown, but that isn't it. Made some of the most creative plays I saw from draft-eligibles

Brian Vallentgoed @brianvxyz
@coreypronman Jared Cowen's twin brother, a 40-45 pt defensive center

1232016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Pronman was really high on the kid.  One of the most creative players in the draft he said (or something like that).

He was high on something alright.

1242016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Meh.... I'm not sold on brown. Size isn't everything. I think the Cowen analogy is funny. Migyt not pan out as a top 6. How many 3c do we need?

Did we really need to move up a spot?

1252016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Meh.... I'm not sold on brown. Size isn't everything. I think the Cowen analogy is funny. Migyt not pan out as a top 6. How many 3c do we need?

Did we really need to move up a spot?

Like any draft pick you wait and see.

That Bellows kid the Isles just got might just be the guy.

1262016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:A 3rd for us to move up 1 spot?  Logan Brown time?

As long as he's not as big a bust as Lazar...

Bigger. 6'6"!

1272016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Let's go brown! Let's go brown!

Well we got what we wanted. Let's hope we were not wrong.

I had to be out so I missed (saw up to pick 9 at the gym then had to go). Weird trading up one spot because you are essentially taking the player you think the other team wants. If they really wanted Brown, would they have given him up for a 3rd rounder?

No matter, the trend of Sens drafting large continues Smile Let's just hope he is not another Chiasson/Gryba/Cowen/Harpur/Robinson/etc.

1282016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:38 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Comparing this tall player to other tall players based on them being tall is really dumb. 

Brown sounds good. A nice fellow with LOCAL CONNECTIONS!

1292016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why did we have to pay a 3rd to move up one spot? I echo the sentiment that jersey must not have really cared, because a 3rd I'd nothing if they planned on taking brown.

1302016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:45 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

From James Duthie:

Ottawa tried to trade up to Buffalo's spot to get Sergachev. When that didn't happen, they were very happy to move up to 11 to get Brown.

1312016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, he sounds like a good one.

1322016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Comparing this tall player to other tall players based on them being tall is really dumb. 

No one is comparing them; check back my posts -- I've been wanting this guy since forever. But it's well documented that the Sens, in the past, have taken a lot of big players and have only (somewhat) recently started taking smaller forwards.

1332016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Yeah, he sounds like a good one.

Apparently he is a very good skater and has great hands. Players that size take a little longer to grow into their body so a little patience will be needed. I love the fact that he's been working out with Chris Schwartz -- we have inside info!

1342016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shock of the draft has to be Kekalainen *not* picking the consensus 3rd overall -- and a Finn, to boot. This might come back to haunt him in a few years. Puljujarvi will be playing with McDavid or Hall, so he should get a ton of points. Meanwhile there's no guarantee Dubois will even make the Jackets' roster. Can't evaluate this pick until 2 years down the road but, of course, they will.

1352016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds like he took his game to another level in the 2nd half. Sounds like spezza a little...

1362016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:27 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Shock of the draft has to be Kekalainen *not* picking the consensus 3rd overall -- and a Finn, to boot.  This might come back to haunt him in a few years.  Puljujarvi will be playing with McDavid or Hall, so he should get a ton of points.  Meanwhile there's no guarantee Dubois will even make the Jackets' roster.  Can't evaluate this pick until 2 years down the road but, of course, they will.

That is pretty shocking.

But you know I'm gonna hold you personally responsible if brown doesn't pan out to be more than a 3rd liner. Gonna hold that over your head for the rest of your life. Spezz has the trade stone and you will have draft Brown.

Sarcasm

1372016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:37 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Comparing this tall player to other tall players based on them being tall is really dumb. 

It's about time this team goes local.

1382016 NHL Draft Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Shock of the draft has to be Kekalainen *not* picking the consensus 3rd overall -- and a Finn, to boot.  This might come back to haunt him in a few years.  Puljujarvi will be playing with McDavid or Hall, so he should get a ton of points.  Meanwhile there's no guarantee Dubois will even make the Jackets' roster.  Can't evaluate this pick until 2 years down the road but, of course, they will.

That is pretty shocking.

But you know I'm gonna hold you personally responsible if brown doesn't pan out to be more than a 3rd liner. Gonna hold that over your head for the rest of your life. Spezz has the trade stone and you will have draft Brown.

Sarcasm

Fair enough. You might also keep track of who was taken at or after the 12 spot in the third round.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum