GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+8
dennycrane
spader
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 19]

241Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:33 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MarkStone wrote:no thanks. Don't want to associate myself with the rest of you people who started cheering for Toronto two years ago

Never not been a Jays fan my young friend.

242Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:17 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

MarkStone wrote:no thanks. Don't want to associate myself with the rest of you people who started cheering for Toronto two years ago

That's actually true for alot of folks, but definitely not myself.  I went through the pain of those 20+ seasons without playoffs.  Years with Clemens, Halladay go to waste.  Trading Shawn Green in his prime, the massive failure that was B.J. Ryan.  Oh and thinking Arencibia was the future with Brandon Morrow.  Man those two guys took us for a ride.

Esteban Loiza.  Gustavo Chacin.  If you know of these guys, you're a Jays fan that's suffered enough.  

That said, it is incredibly annoying to see social media blow up with the bandwagoners who have not really been true fans until it became cool to be one last season.

EDIT: I forgot Vernon Wells. That was a big one. Side note, I was also a huge expos fan. Jays first, but Expos were a very close second, and being in different leagues allowed me to cheer for both. I remember being a young naive boy who hated seeing the expos lose and then sending them an email through their website to tell Jim Beattie (the GM) of what moves he should make to improve the team. I got an email response from the expos saying 'we have forwarded your email to the GM. Thanks for your interest!' or something to that nature. I think I was 13 at the time.

243Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:47 pm

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

Estrada game 1 hopefully followed by Happ , Stroman and Sanchez that would line up the series well if they only pitch Sanchez once this series!

244Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:Estrada game 1 hopefully followed by Happ , Stroman and Sanchez that would line up the series well if they only pitch Sanchez once this series!

Looks good to me.

245Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoff-Machine wrote:

That's actually true for alot of folks, but definitely not myself.  I went through the pain of those 20+ seasons without playoffs.  Years with Clemens, Halladay go to waste.  Trading Shawn Green in his prime, the massive failure that was B.J. Ryan.  Oh and thinking Arencibia was the future with Brandon Morrow.  Man those two guys took us for a ride.

Esteban Loiza.  Gustavo Chacin.  If you know of these guys, you're a Jays fan that's suffered enough.  

That said, it is incredibly annoying to see social media blow up with the bandwagoners who have not really been true fans until it became cool to be one last season.

EDIT: I forgot Vernon Wells.  That was a big one.  Side note, I was also a huge expos fan.  Jays first, but Expos were a very close second, and being in different leagues allowed me to cheer for both.  I remember being a young naive boy who hated seeing the expos lose and then sending them an email through their website to tell Jim Beattie (the GM) of what moves he should make to improve the team.  I got an email response from the expos saying 'we have forwarded your email to the GM.  Thanks for your interest!' or something to that nature.  I think I was 13 at the time.

The only autograph I've ever asked for was Tim Raines. I was shuttling cars at the Dorval airport and he was parking his car. I had no paper or anything to write on so he fished around his bag and got a batting glove, and signed right on the thumb. I ended up giving that glove to some kid on his 12th birthday. Made his day. Man, I miss the Expos sometimes.

246Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I met Christopher reeve at Olympic Stadium when I was a wee lad.

247Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:47 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The only autograph I've ever asked for was Tim Raines.  I was shuttling cars at the Dorval airport and he was parking his car.  I had no paper or anything to write on so he fished around his bag and got a batting glove, and signed right on the thumb.  I ended up giving that glove to some kid on his 12th birthday.  Made his day.  Man, I miss the Expos sometimes.

That's awesome. I was there for the home opener when Tim Raines came back to MTL. Was electric. Jeffrey Loria had also just bought the team and everyone thought the Expos were safe...ugh. Hate that bunghole

PTFlea wrote:I met Christopher reeve at Olympic Stadium when I was a wee lad.

Superman??? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

248Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Superman himself.  Can't recall what year it was...I'll have to look it up.  I was with my cousin Norma and Larry Robinson was on the cover of whatever French magazine they had free when you went it.

Still have it and the tickets taped inside that he signed.

EDIT: Googled the magazine and found the date: March 15, 1986. Canadiens played the Flames and I remember absolutely nothing of that night except for meeting superman, which probably doesn't speak much for my memory to be honest.

249Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You would've been, what, 10-11. I think meeting Superman would've been the only thing I remembered for that whole year. Unless, of course, that game against Calgary was in the Finals.

250Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:You would've been, what, 10-11.  I think meeting Superman would've been the only thing I remembered for that whole year.  Unless, of course, that game against Calgary was in the Finals.

Yeah. Still, it troubles me I can't remember anything else at all about that game, but it was pretty cool meeting him.

251Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have a sad 'bout these Blue Jays.

252Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, we need a couple of better hitters. Home runs are really fun, but I want to see a couple of hitters who can tickle .315 and get the hell on base for Donaldson and whoever the heck else we have at the heart of our lineup.

253Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:12 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As they say in Toronto...There's always next year.

254Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:01 pm

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

The jays are toast. Won't be in playoffs for a loooong time.

Pathetic franchise, fan base, and city

255Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MarkStone wrote:The jays are toast. Won't be in playoffs for a loooong time.

Estrada, Happ, Sanchez, Stroman, Liriano say you're wrong. Best pitching staff in the AL.

256Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:27 pm

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

PTFlea wrote:

Estrada, Happ, Sanchez, Stroman, Liriano say you're wrong.  Best pitching staff in the AL.

The jays are the third or fourth best team in the AL east alone. Their offense will be bad starting next season. They rely on homers too much and they're losing their best.

This team had its fifteen minutes. It's up. Red Sox and Yankees have better futures.

They lack a true ace on their staff. stroman is up there with most overrated pitchers in the game and who knows if happ will be any good now. Estrada too.

257Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MarkStone wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Estrada, Happ, Sanchez, Stroman, Liriano say you're wrong.  Best pitching staff in the AL.

The jays are the third or fourth best team in the AL east alone. Their offense will be bad starting next season. They rely on homers too much and they're losing their best.

This team had its fifteen minutes. It's up. Red Sox and Yankees have better futures.

They lack a true ace on their staff. stroman is up there with most overrated pitchers in the game and who knows if happ will be any good now. Estrada too.

They have an ace, Sanchez. You can try all you want, but there's no denying how good their pitching is. Losing Bautista is for the best, we need a better pure hitter to get on base. Losing Encarnacion will sting, but there are some interesting players hitting free agency. The Jays will retool their offence and their long relief bullpen and be right back in it next year. Donaldson, Travis, Tulo, Pillar, Martin represent 5 key pieces, now they have options to fill in the rest.

Or...you could pretend they won't be right back in it next year if it makes you feel better.

258Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 17 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:48 pm

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

PTFlea wrote:
MarkStone wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

They have an ace, Sanchez.  You can try all you want, but there's no denying how good their pitching is.  Losing Bautista is for the best, we need a better pure hitter to get on base.  Losing Encarnacion will sting, but there are some interesting players hitting free agency.  The Jays will retool their offence and their long relief bullpen and be right back in it next year.  Donaldson, Travis, Tulo, Pillar, Martin represent 5 key pieces, now they have options to fill in the rest.

Or...you could pretend they won't be right back in it next year if it makes you feel better.

They won't be. They blew their chances the last two seasonal. Rogers won't spend on the jays. Free agency? Useless to even argue because Toronto is not a destination for any big time free agent.

Sanchez is not an ace yet. Cmon lol.

I can deny how good their starting pitching will be because just two years ago it was bad. They look good, but not great.

The jays will not only be behind the sox, but the Yankees too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum