GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OPENING NIGHT GDT: OTTAWA SENATORS @ BUFFALO SABRES 7PM

+8
rooneypoo
wprager
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Don't change the lines.
Ryan won't be able to keep up with Stone and Turris.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Lots and lots of positives though.  How about Hoffman on that line?  Dynsmite!

And cowen, boro and Ceci were all very solid.

I'd put Mac with z and Ryan though.  I think it's a fairly obvious fit.

Considering that Eichel played most of his shifts against the Cowen/Boro pairing it's pretty amazing he just had the one point on the PP.  Cowen played pretty well and Boro, on his wrong-side, was ok, too.

Not so amazing is that Ceci was on the ice for the goal against and the non-goal as well.

Ceci played well. Wiercioch was bad and took the penalty that resulted in the goal.
Then Wiercioch lost Kane during the wrap around while Ceci had his man cornered left of Anderson.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Lots and lots of positives though.  How about Hoffman on that line?  Dynsmite!

And cowen, boro and Ceci were all very solid.

I'd put Mac with z and Ryan though.  I think it's a fairly obvious fit.

Considering that Eichel played most of his shifts against the Cowen/Boro pairing it's pretty amazing he just had the one point on the PP.  Cowen played pretty well and Boro, on his wrong-side, was ok, too.

Not so amazing is that Ceci was on the ice for the goal against and the non-goal as well.

Ceci played well. Wiercioch was bad and took the penalty that resulted in the goal.
Then Wiercioch lost Kane during the wrap around while Ceci had his man cornered left of Anderson.

All perception. Wiercioch has his hands full trying to cover up for Ceci so he will end up looking bad from time to time even though he's 10-times the player Ceci will ever be.

Ceci = ECHL 7th D-man

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Don't change the lines.

Lol at not being able to keep up with stone

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

Stone may take 4 seconds to get somewhere whereas a faster player may take only 3, but by anticipating where he needs to be 4 seconds from now he actually gets there on time. Call it Mind over Matter (physics) or Tachyon IQ.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I liked the way they played for the most part considering it was game 1 and was on the road. Mostly responsible play, few lapses in the 3rd where they bent, but didn't break which is always a good sign. Hardly perfect but very solid.

Cowen was great, full stop.

Top line was even better.

Goaltending was meh... Anderson looked a little rusty at times but he will find his groove.

Ryan and Zibanejad had no jump what so ever and they continued that from the pre-seaon. Both these guys need to be better, especially Zibanejad or he could find himself in trade rumours in short order.

D was good all around, nothing special but got the job done.

Coaching is what won the Sens the game though so full marks to the bench.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is zinanedaj out of shape again. I thought I read that somewhere ?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev brought up that Zibanejad was asked not to do cardio in the off-season. Not sure if that was this past off-season or the year before. Did a bit of gogling an found one suggestion (rumor?) that he had a bit of a medical scare where he had to leave a game with unusually high heart rate, so he was told to lay off cardio until they had a handle on what it was.

Anyone else know more?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

He didn't look good. Prob because he doesn't care about pre-season Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Didnt matter if he looked good or not, he can keep up with stone because he's a faster skater. Ryan and zbad will get it together but I'd rather have pageau with Ryan right now . Zibanejad was excellent on faceoffs and defensively at least. We have a soft scheudke to start so our guys will have time to get in game mode

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ev brought up that Zibanejad was asked not to do cardio in the off-season.  Not sure if that was this past off-season or the year before.  Did a bit of gogling an found one suggestion (rumor?) that he had a bit of a medical scare where he had to leave a game with unusually high heart rate, so he was told to lay off cardio until they had a handle on what it was.

Anyone else know more?

I heard that last year from the hfboards guy who is connected. Apparently they told him to ease off on cardio all summer last year. So it was probably similar this season. He is very strong and thick now so that will be a huge bonus when be gets in game shape fully.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

again im not gonna worry too much about zib an ryan for the first few games. if it persists then maybe but in the mean time it's all about getting into their groove. not having hoffman on their line might not be to their advantage but neither should it matter that much. i'd rather have someone like pumpel or michalek on that line than lazar. keep lazar with pageau if you are gonna keep him in the NHL. he'll get the chances to develop his NHL game there and not hinder the second line.

that fourth line didn't really show much. Neil looks better than last year but still, not bringing enough when hes not being aggressive

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We've got the Leafs, Sabres and Panthers all in our Division. Bruins, too, aren't what they used to be. And then there's Detroit with aging/injured vets, a goalie controversy and no Babcock. Let's just say the Atlantic ain't the Pacific.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:We've got the Leafs, Sabres and Panthers all in our Division.  Bruins, too, aren't what they used to be.  And then there's Detroit with aging/injured vets, a goalie controversy and no Babcock.  Let's just say the Atlantic ain't the Pacific.
The Atlantic is the weakest in the east as the pacific in the west. I'd say it's pretty close in terms of how bad they are to each other.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum