GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OPENING NIGHT GDT: OTTAWA SENATORS @ BUFFALO SABRES 7PM

+8
rooneypoo
wprager
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:O'Connor should start Saturday.  Sunday is the home opener against the Leafs.  

Yeah, that's probable I'd say.  Unless they go Anderson 3 games in 4 nights, which I assume they could at this juncture.  OC won't get the home opener or the season opener though, so if anything it's OC Saturday.

Last edited by SpezDispensed on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Puempel sent down to AHL. MacArthur is ready then.

I kinda thought we'd carry 14 forwards and 7 D to start, seeing how we have 6 games in 10 days to start. Ah well. Puempel will probably be this year's Pageau... pushed down early because of the numbers game, but a full-time NHLer by the season's end.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:O'Connor should start Saturday.  Sunday is the home opener against the Leafs.  

Yeah, that's probable I'd say.  Unless they go Anderson 3 games in 4 nights, which I assume they could at this juncture.  OC won't get the home opener or the season opener though, so if anything it's OC Saturday.

Man, sometimes I look at that and I marvel... Turris and Stone together, for 3.5 mil a piece, for this year and 2 years after. That's 2/3rds of your top line for $7 mil. Our top 2 Dmen, arguably one of the better top pairing in the NHL, locked up for this year and 3 more after for $11.4 mil. We've got a couple of, ah, suspect contracts, but we have some beauties too.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Ev wrote:Puempel sent down to AHL. MacArthur is ready then.

I kinda thought we'd carry 14 forwards and 7 D to start, seeing how we have 6 games in 10 days to start. Ah well. Puempel will probably be this year's Pageau... pushed down early because of the numbers game, but a full-time NHLer by the season's end.

yeah, last year we barely had any injuries either. We are due for some.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Man, sometimes I look at that and I marvel... Turris and Stone together, for 3.5 mil a piece, for this year and 2 years after. That's 2/3rds of your top line for $7 mil. Our top 2 Dmen, arguably one of the better top pairing in the NHL, locked up for this year and 3 more after for $11.4 mil. We've got a couple of, ah, suspect contracts, but we have some beauties too.

For sure, but every single team has at least one questionable contract, it goes with the territory of trying to lock down players before they've really hit their stride.

I'm excited for this team. Melnyk proved he'll spend and hopefully if a 3D ever comes around that we can't ignore, he spends more.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:How many years does michalek still has on his contract? (Do I ever miss capgeeks).

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/ottawa-senators

1 more after this year.  Use generalfanager, it's just as good as capgeek.

Right! Bookmarked.

It's too bad he's not on his last year as I think pumpel will be ready for his spot next year. Michalek doesn't look to me like a contract we will be able to move. The coin isn't bad but he doesn't put up points like he used to.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

For sure, but every single team has at least one questionable contract, it goes with the territory of trying to lock down players before they've really hit their stride.  

I'm excited for this team.  Melnyk proved he'll spend and hopefully if a 3D ever comes around that we can't ignore, he spends more.

That top 6 winger Murr keeps talking about has to be that ridiculous player that unfortunately will probably earn quite a bit of coin that some team isn't comfortable paying anymore. Obviously not some aging guy but someone that is arguable a top line guy. Wether he gets put on the 1st line is another matter.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:How many years does michalek still has on his contract? (Do I ever miss capgeeks).

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/ottawa-senators

1 more after this year.  Use generalfanager, it's just as good as capgeek.

Right! Bookmarked.

It's too bad he's not on his last year as I think pumpel will be ready for his spot next year. Michalek doesn't look to me like a contract we will be able to move. The coin isn't bad but he doesn't put up points like he used to.

I personally really think he's useful. Can play either lw or rw, won't complain if you play him with Pageau - which should probably happen, is apparently very well liked. There's a lot to be said for a guy like mm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Murray has come out and said he's no-longer looking for a top-six forward due to what Hoffman has shown him in the pre-season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll take a dman then

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:I'll take a dman then

Not sure if it's personnel we need or better team defensive play. There's no question we give up too many shots on goal, but not sure if it's all the fault of the D.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Not sure if it's personnel we need or better team defensive play.  There's no question we give up too many shots on goal, but not sure if it's all the fault of the D.  

Definitely not all the fault of the D, I've just wanted a solid nhler to play with Ceci for a while.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

Not sure if it's personnel we need or better team defensive play.  There's no question we give up too many shots on goal, but not sure if it's all the fault of the D.  

Definitely not all the fault of the D, I've just wanted a solid nhler to play with Ceci for a while.

I'm telling you, we have one. He's playing with Karlsson.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

Then you would just need a solid NHLer to play with the guy who plays with Ceci.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

One more sleep.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:One more sleep.

Hold me prager

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Murray has come out and said he's no-longer looking for a top-six forward due to what Hoffman has shown him in the pre-season.  
That's quite endorsement. Especially after 0 reg games played.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:One more sleep.

Hold me prager

Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: