GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tough break for the Big Zed.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:It has been, I have been saying as much for a few years now that his hips and knees are a huge issue.  The decline started 4, 5 seasons ago, now it's at such a place that it's extremely noticeable and obvious.  

I agree. His athleticism has disguised some of his breakdown, but I've noticed it as well.

His knee is permanently blown.

From what I know it's more his hips, that's where every player in the NHL hits him when they take the body on him. He's an athletic beast though, no question.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seabrook with a good cap hit. Wonder what the breakdown is.

http://www.tsn.ca/blackhawks-sign-seabrook-through-2024-1.367192

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:It has been, I have been saying as much for a few years now that his hips and knees are a huge issue.  The decline started 4, 5 seasons ago, now it's at such a place that it's extremely noticeable and obvious.  

I agree. His athleticism has disguised some of his breakdown, but I've noticed it as well.

His knee is permanently blown.

From what I know it's more his hips, that's where every player in the NHL hits him when they take the body on him.  He's an athletic beast though, no question.

The PCL in his left knee is permanently torn.

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/report-zdeno-charas-left-pcl-ligament-is-permanently-torn/

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I did know that he was having knee problems as well but again, his hips have been bothering him a long, long time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chara isn't using the roids anymore either

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Chara isn't using the roids anymore either

Funny stuff. That guy worked and still works harder than any human I know. Father was an Olympic athlete, he just knows what it takes.

You may have been kidding but I am gonna nip that right off the hop.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Steroids can help you train harder. It's not just about bigger muscles but quicker recovery times. Chara was never build like Swarzenneger (hockey players usually aren't) but he could do a ridiculous number of chinups. Not sure if steroids work for that, but what do I know.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Seabrook with a good cap hit. Wonder what the breakdown is.

Here you go:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun wrote:Year by year compensation: $9 M a year in each of first 3 seasons; then $7.5 M in 2019-20; $5 M in 2020-21; $6 million in 2021-22 (con't)

$5 million in 2022-23 and $4.5 million in 2023-24. No-move clause immediately kicks in now; however because a modified no trade in 2022

Seabrook by July 1, 2022, must submit a list of 5 teams he would be willing to get traded to in 2022-23; list goes to 10 teams in 2023-24

Other interesting details from Seabrook's 8-year, $55-million deal: $29 M of the $55 M is in signing bonuses spread out over 8 years...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lou working on getting Zajac?
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/09/are_devils_close_to_trading_travis_zajac_to_toront.html#incart_river

Center Nazem Kadri is one potential piece of a trade, although the Devils would undoubtedly consider a package deal if it could bring James van Riemsdyk to New Jersey.

Would you even make that trade straight up?  Kadri for Zajac? 30 year old with declining stats and 6 years left on a big contract. Or a 24 year old making less money and likely to outproduce Zajac (certainly over the next 6 years and likely this season).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Lou working on getting Zajac?
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/09/are_devils_close_to_trading_travis_zajac_to_toront.html#incart_river

Center Nazem Kadri is one potential piece of a trade, although the Devils would undoubtedly consider a package deal if it could bring James van Riemsdyk to New Jersey.

Would you even make that trade straight up?  Kadri for Zajac? 30 year old with declining stats and 6 years left on a big contract.  Or a 24 year old making less money and likely to outproduce Zajac (certainly over the next 6 years and likely this season).
oh please make It happenLou! Send this franchise further back! Does he not remember for whic team he works for now?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Seabrook with a good cap hit. Wonder what the breakdown is.

Here you go:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun wrote:Year by year compensation: $9 M a year in each of first 3 seasons; then $7.5 M in 2019-20; $5 M in 2020-21; $6 million in 2021-22 (con't)

$5 million in 2022-23 and $4.5 million in 2023-24. No-move clause immediately kicks in now; however because a modified no trade in 2022

Seabrook by July 1, 2022, must submit a list of 5 teams he would be willing to get traded to in 2022-23; list goes to 10 teams in 2023-24

Other interesting details from Seabrook's 8-year, $55-million deal: $29 M of the $55 M is in signing bonuses spread out over 8 years...

That deal ends when he's 39. I sure hope for their sake that he can still play well because that's a lot of money to leave on the table and retire from if he can't

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

$9.5M in the last two years (when he's 38 & 39). No way anyone walks away from that much, especially when most of it ($7.25M) is paid out before he plays a minute.

Maybe they are betting on the loonie recovering and high attendance from the expansion clubs. But if attendance drops after two seasons and the loonie drops further, look out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Chara isn't using the roids anymore either

Funny stuff.  That guy worked and still works harder than any human I know.  Father was an Olympic athlete, he just knows what it takes.  

You may have been kidding but I am gonna nip that right off the hop.

Chara and his dad and brother used to dig holes in their backyard using their hands for fun.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2015/9/27/9404235/theres-a-lot-of-cocaine-in-the-nhl-viktor-loov-tells-swedish-news

Breaking news: people with too much money spend it on things that are bad for them.

This kid has one season with the Marlies. He says cocaine use (and other drugs) is prevalent. Yet:

I have not seen anything, no teammate from what I know.

I guess he doesn't want to be labeled a "narc".

Sure this is how the talk is, but I am certain it's not just talk. There are players everywhere who do it. If you have money you probably have easy access. Then there is the attitude over there compared to Sweden. Not with cocaine maybe but with hash (cannabis) and stuff you smoke, that is something you encounter everywhere.

He's been spending a lot of time talking to players not on the Marlies? Sure. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand that he's mostly talking about what he's seen/heard from his Marlies team mates and is just extrapolating. But will the coke-heads in the dressing room be quick enough to realize that he's just outed *them*? If they do, this could be the end of his career.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 51 1024px-Toronto_Marlies.svg

=

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 51 Cannabis-leaf-hi

????????????????

I see some similarities....

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2015/9/27/9404235/theres-a-lot-of-cocaine-in-the-nhl-viktor-loov-tells-swedish-news

Breaking news: people with too much money spend it on things that are bad for them.

This kid has one season with the Marlies.  He says cocaine use (and other drugs) is prevalent.  Yet:

I have not seen anything, no teammate from what I know.

I guess he doesn't want to be labeled a "narc".  

Sure this is how the talk is, but I am certain it's not just talk. There are players everywhere who do it. If you have money you probably have easy access. Then there is the attitude over there compared to Sweden. Not with cocaine maybe but with hash (cannabis) and stuff you smoke, that is something you encounter everywhere.

He's been spending a lot of time talking to players not on the Marlies?  Sure.  You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand that he's mostly talking about what he's seen/heard from his Marlies team mates and is just extrapolating.  But will the coke-heads in the dressing room be quick enough to realize that he's just outed *them*?  If they do, this could be the end of his career.

huh... funny that. Someone here has been saying how bad it is for years.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The enforcer role really is finished, just look at the lack of fights in the preseason. This is a good thing I guess....although I'll miss watching a couple of heavyweights cave each other's skulls in for no particular reason!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum