GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Montreal was awful.

Price was pretty good Smile

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Montreal was awful.

Price was pretty good Smile

He gets it easy because they play a bong trap system.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

We get 2 fraud teams facing each other on opening night. Solid.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lucic being lucic last night

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Lucic being lucic last night

Nice to see the Kings lose. And the Leafs of course. Nice to see Montreal give up a million shots and ride Price to victory...a recipe for a nice early playoff exit. Oh, and then the Canucks lit up the Flames.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Montreal even makes the playoffs

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:If Montreal even makes the playoffs

They'll make it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

They'll make it.

Maybe...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

They'll make it.

Maybe...
I'm betting that they are but by the skin of their teeth. It could very well be one of the lowest points in terms of making the playoffs. I don't like how their forwards look at all. But I wouldn't put it past bergeron to try and fix that. He's a very active GM. Besides the dancing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

They'll make it.

Maybe...
I'm betting that they are but by the skin of their teeth. It could very well be one of the lowest points in terms of making the playoffs. I don't like how their forwards look at all. But I wouldn't put it past bergeron to try and fix that. He's a very active GM. Besides the dancing.
Yeah? There's not a whole lot of teams that are gonna let go of a scoring forward, that's the problem. The team is okay, they have some skill up front and a couple of decent D-men behind Subban, but it's built around Price and if he doesn't have another great year - like in the .935+ range, then I think they'll be on the bubble with us and Boston etc. And if they're on the bubble..they could miss...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Price gets hurt for more than a few games, they won't make it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

They'll make it.

Maybe...

Gary will make sure they do.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:If Price gets hurt for more than a few games, they won't make it.

Condon was their best goalie in pre-season. I know, I know -- pre-season. But don't forget the fact that it's not Tokarski or Budaj anymore. They'll have a decent backup which also takes some pressure off Price.

Losing Kassian will hurt because they were depending on his production as well as hist style of play opening up the ice a bit; Byron certainly won't replace Kassian's size. DSP has been pretty much a disappointment since he got there, but maybe starting the year with the team will help. PK looks happy, which surprised me, as I thought he'd be sulking a bit about not getting the 'C'. We'll see if the room is affected or not.

They scored 3 goals last night. The first one should have been stopped by an AHL goalie. The last one was an empty netter. And they were playing against the Leafs, for crying out loud. That kind of effort will not get them a win against playoff-bound teams.

So, yeah, not sure which way all of this goes. There's the possibility that it could be a fall of epic proportions. But if not then they should squeak into the post-season.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

They'll make it.

Maybe...

Gary will make sure they do.

Facepalm Puking2

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Condon your arse, if price is anything less than a vezina nominee, they miss

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oilers lose 3-1 in McNextOne's debut (he had 2 shots and was a -1).  RNH scored their only goal of the game.  He had *zero* shots on goal.  Off the face off, on the PP, he briefly touched the puck before the other center hooked it back to his D-man, who promptly fired it at an unsuspecting Brian Eilliott.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Aaron Ward (former Hurricane, now an analyst on TSN) has been arrested today and charged with assault on a female, and also with interfering with emergency communication.

EDIT: Probably not "now an analyst on TSN" anymore.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anybody hear anything on robin lehners knee situation?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum