GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:General hockey question:

Why do people consider the Red Wings to be a drafting power house? Sure they hit a home run with Datsyuk, Holmstrom and zetterberg as great late round picks. But people speak of their draft like they can do no wrong.

It's because they always draft the same certain type of player who appeals to mainstream fans. The flashy guys with offensive skill. Often European. Their first round picks in the last ten years have not been great. Dylan Larkin looks like the best one recently.

The wings are like most teams. People think that all their flashy skill guys will be stars after they did the same thing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Their defence stinks and they have no great two way studs on the rise. Maybe Larkin will be that for them.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:General hockey question:

Why do people consider the Red Wings to be a drafting power house? Sure they hit a home run with Datsyuk, Holmstrom and zetterberg as great late round picks. But people speak of their draft like they can do no wrong.

It's because they always draft the same certain type of player who appeals to mainstream fans. The flashy guys with offensive skill. Often European. Their first round picks in the last ten years have not been great. Dylan Larkin looks like the best one recently.

The wings are like most teams. People think that all their flashy skill guys will be stars after they did the same thing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Their defence stinks and they have no great two way studs on the rise. Maybe Larkin will be that for them.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:They haven't been very good drafting D-men.  I mean, they had to re-sign Rundblad.

I'm so confused... STL drafted him, OTT traded for him, PHX traded for him, and CHI signed and then re-signed him. What does any of that have to do with DET again?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:They haven't been very good drafting D-men.  I mean, they had to re-sign Rundblad.

I'm so confused... STL drafted him, OTT traded for him, PHX traded for him, and CHI signed and then re-signed him. What does any of that have to do with DET again?

W.P. Rager being W.P. Rager

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

W.P. Rager being W.P. Rager

Oops. Right conclusion, wrong argument.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol Dallas

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Lol Dallas

Why? Seems like a decent move on their side. Hawks fans are pissed, stars fans are overjoyed. They even got a highly touted defensive prospect from the Hawks.

But yes, they definitely got no Defence in Dallas and their goaltending still sucks balls.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Great move for Chicago, just an organization that knows what to do.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

From a cap crunch point of view, it makes sense so they can resign oduya. Daley is a decent pickup on Defence. Wouldn't call it a great deal though.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can't wait to see what we offered for sharpie!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Great move for Chicago, just an organization that knows what to do.

Not really a great move or bad move. They got rid of him, that's about it.m

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

Why? Seems like a decent move on their side. Hawks fans are pissed, stars fans are overjoyed. They even got a highly touted defensive prospect from the Hawks.

But yes, they definitely got no Defence in Dallas and their goaltending still sucks balls.

Theyre overjoyed because they're Texans who don't understand the game. All they want to see is offense. Dallas won't be making the playoffs once again.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:From a cap crunch point of view, it makes sense so they can resign oduya. Daley is a decent pickup on Defence. Wouldn't call it a great deal though.

A legit top 4 D man, the resigning of another top 4 D man, all for a guy who is going to see a Sharp decline (:D)... IMO great move.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Theyre overjoyed because they're Texans who don't understand the game. All they want to see is offense. Dallas won't be making the playoffs once again.

Their team is worse today than it was yesterday. Absolutely no defense, goaltending is questionable at best, and all they are going to do is hope they outscore their opposition.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:From a cap crunch point of view, it makes sense so they can resign oduya. Daley is a decent pickup on Defence. Wouldn't call it a great deal though.

A legit top 4 D man, the resigning of another top  4 D man, all for a guy who is going to see a Sharp decline (:D)... IMO great move.

Daley is pretty bad though, from what I'm reading

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Depends on what they do with their d now. On paper it's a decent trade for Dallas, but you need d to win. At least they signed niemi to cover for that fraud lehtonen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't forget Dallas has Oleksiak probably ready to step in this season (played 36 games in Dallas last season. He was +26 in 35 games in the AHL, not that much offense, but as a 2011 draftee he looks like he's been brought up properly. They also have Honka as an offensive defenseman -- high ceiling but likely 2 years away. Then, again, you never know.

Daley was top-four in Dallas but we all agree their D wasn't exactly top notch.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Depends on what they do with their d now.  On paper it's a decent trade for Dallas, but you need d to win.  At least they signed niemi to cover for that fraud lehtonen.
Yes because Niemi is lights out. They just signed a similar value goaltender. The best they can hope is they ride the hot hand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum