GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Kane case has jumped the shark. If this was a TV show I think I'd be rolling my eyes for the last time and pressing the Cancel Recording button.

Thomas J. Eoannou said that his reason for stepping away is due to new information he has received about the evidence bag that was placed at the front door of the alleged victim's mother's home this week. Eoannou stated that he has an ethical obligation to report that he does not have confidence in how the bag was found and is uncomfortable with the mother's version of the events.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25315541/lawyer-for-patrick-kane-accuser-withdraws-from-case

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is a circus. Doubt they can convict kane at this stage.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Chara out of a pre-season game with an upper-body injury (that could be anything above the knees for that guy).  Seriously, though, if he's not healthy to start the season, with Seidenberg already down for 8 weeks, they could be a lottery team in a hurry.

Hopefully they offer a King's Ransom for one of our spare D.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Chara out of a pre-season game with an upper-body injury (that could be anything above the knees for that guy).  Seriously, though, if he's not healthy to start the season, with Seidenberg already down for 8 weeks, they could be a lottery team in a hurry.

Hopefully they offer a King's Ransom for one of our spare D.

or a Bruin's Ransom

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 50 852933671

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boullion officially retires.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The Kane case has jumped the shark.  If this was a TV show I think I'd be rolling my eyes for the last time and pressing the Cancel Recording button.  

Thomas J. Eoannou said that his reason for stepping away is due to new information he has received about the evidence bag that was placed at the front door of the alleged victim's mother's home this week. Eoannou stated that he has an ethical obligation to report that he does not have confidence in how the bag was found and is uncomfortable with the mother's version of the events.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25315541/lawyer-for-patrick-kane-accuser-withdraws-from-case

Stranger than fiction. Kane is/will be off the hook and we'll just never know what happened.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

That's a team that's declining big time. They did a good job of getting solid value for Lucic (two 1sts and change, eventually), but then made some eyebrow raising picks with the 3-pack that they had. With Chara permanently injured (torn MCL, if memory serves me, plus this new setback), they're in trouble.

Works for me. f the Broons.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Chara is only D2D, but his injuries have become more frequent. He's aged quickly.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Apparently Chara is only D2D, but his injuries have become more frequent.  He's aged quickly.

Lots of mileage on that body.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Apparently Chara is only D2D, but his injuries have become more frequent.  He's aged quickly.

Aged quickly? He's been the league for almost 2 decades haha.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

Aged quickly?  He's been the league for almost 2 decades haha.

And over those "almost 2 decades" he was a perennial Norris candidate until the last couple of years. His decline has not been gradual.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It has been, I have been saying as much for a few years now that his hips and knees are a huge issue. The decline started 4, 5 seasons ago, now it's at such a place that it's extremely noticeable and obvious.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:It has been, I have been saying as much for a few years now that his hips and knees are a huge issue.  The decline started 4, 5 seasons ago, now it's at such a place that it's extremely noticeable and obvious.  

He was still a finalist in 2014. He was 5th in voting in 2013. Even if the decline started 4-5 years ago (which I definitely do not disagree -- I was also saying he was looking tired by the time the playoffs rolled around at least that far back) I still maintain that it's only become evident (for those not as smart and observant as you and I) in the last couple of seasons.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When you're a ridiculous giant, your body breaks down quicker than regular humans. I love Chara, and it's sad to see him deteriorate.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:It has been, I have been saying as much for a few years now that his hips and knees are a huge issue.  The decline started 4, 5 seasons ago, now it's at such a place that it's extremely noticeable and obvious.  

I agree. His athleticism has disguised some of his breakdown, but I've noticed it as well.

His knee is permanently blown.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tough break for the Big Zed.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:

I agree. His athleticism has disguised some of his breakdown, but I've noticed it as well.

His knee is permanently blown.

From what I know it's more his hips, that's where every player in the NHL hits him when they take the body on him. He's an athletic beast though, no question.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seabrook with a good cap hit. Wonder what the breakdown is.

http://www.tsn.ca/blackhawks-sign-seabrook-through-2024-1.367192

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum