GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Exactly, he is soft.  He can take a hit so he's not like Phil Kessel at all.  Phil won't stick around for a hit, he'll just give up the puck.  Spezza will stand at the half-boards and take a hit if he's waiting to make a play.  Probably why he's had a couple of back surgeries already.  He'd actually save his back if he initiated contact more.  

Karlsson isn't soft but he *is* a finesse player who likes to skate out of traffic instead of through it.  No-one will accuse Karlsson of being a *hard* player.  Zibanejad payed hard for about 20 games and was great.  Then he reverted to his usual game and was way less effective.  

Chiasson scored 6 of his goals (more than half) on the PP where he was standing in front of the net.  He was not scoring them from there because he drove the net (like Pageau, Foligno).

Were you a leafs fan before following the Sens?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:
wprager wrote:Exactly, he is soft.  He can take a hit so he's not like Phil Kessel at all.  Phil won't stick around for a hit, he'll just give up the puck.  Spezza will stand at the half-boards and take a hit if he's waiting to make a play.  Probably why he's had a couple of back surgeries already.  He'd actually save his back if he initiated contact more.  

Karlsson isn't soft but he *is* a finesse player who likes to skate out of traffic instead of through it.  No-one will accuse Karlsson of being a *hard* player.  Zibanejad payed hard for about 20 games and was great.  Then he reverted to his usual game and was way less effective.  

Chiasson scored 6 of his goals (more than half) on the PP where he was standing in front of the net.  He was not scoring them from there because he drove the net (like Pageau, Foligno).

Whoa! Let's all take a step back here. No need to get personal.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

6 yrs, $6.5M per for Stepan. Wowza.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:6 yrs, $6.5M per for Stepan.  Wowza.

Seems like just yesterday he was the laughing stock of the league:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7HztZS9R4

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like that deal for Stephan. 6 years is a good long time for a nice young player.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Stepan is a solid #1 center, new breed. Much like Turris, Burgereon, whoever.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I think Beaulieu might disagree.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DirtyDave wrote:

Not sure what in my post made you eve think of that.

No, I never cheered on the Leafs. Dynamo and Spartak, then the Habs of the 70s and 80s (and early 90s).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

That was fantastic! Now find another 10 similar hits.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Stepan is a solid #1 center, new breed.  Much like Turris, Burgereon, whoever.
i was just gonna say.

If turris could just become a little sterdier.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

That got me started down a terrific YouTube rabbit hole featuring some good The Alfie clips. Sad

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

That got me started down a terrific YouTube rabbit hole featuring some good The Alfie clips. Sad

Who?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Penguins trade Sutter and a 3rd to the Canucks for Bonino, Clendening, and a 2nd.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Penguins trade Sutter and a 3rd to the Canucks for Bonino, Clendening, and a 2nd.

Can someone explain to me how the heck the Penguins turned Sutter and a 3rd into Bonino and a 2nd, not to even mention Clendening?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:Penguins trade Sutter and a 3rd to the Canucks for Bonino, Clendening, and a 2nd.

Can someone explain to me how the heck the Penguins turned Sutter and a 3rd into Bonino and a 2nd, not to even mention Clendening?

Yeah, don't like this one, either, from VAN's point of view. Bonino is at least as good as Sutter.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Yeah, don't like this one, either, from VAN's point of view. Bonino is at least as good as Sutter.

Not only is he pretty much on par, he's 1.4 million cheaper and signed to an extra year. And then they downgrade a 2nd into a 3rd for Dung and giggles - AND they give the Pens an AHL all-star D-man who is only 22. Vertigo

Benning might be going full challenged, we should try to pry Edler out of there. Might only cost Chiasson and a 4th Sarcasm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't get what they are doing in Vancouver either, I guess having a Sutter there is too much to pass up. There's a player who has been living off his last name for a long time now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

Probably adding Eric Fehr had something to do with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum