GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 3: Canadiens @ Sens - Sunday, Apr 19th, 7:00pm

+8
Vandelay
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Hoags
PTFlea
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Why did prince only get 2 games to be looked at?

Not sure, but I can tell you that a lack of Shane Prince isn't the problem.

No idea what Prince could have done.  He only got 2 games but, really, he didn't distinguish himself.  Peumpel was definitely closer.  Now, if Peumpel didn't get injured, imagine we had him instead of Chiasson.  Heck, I'd take him over Michalek, at least in the short-term (Michalek, as expected, needs more time to get back into the swing of things).

He got back in the swing of things in the very first game by scoring a huge goal. One more goal than anyone not named Turris, Zibanejad, Wiercioch or MacArthur, the only other scorers, so far, not named Michalek.

I've thought Michalek has been one of the better Sens these playoffs.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

Well, no. I wasn't really saying that, I've always been curious why he only got 2 games.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Again, the Sens need more of a Kassian than a Prince or Chaisson.  Kassian has his flaws but if you give him the right role and ask him to do what he's best at he could be a big time player for the Sens and a new Chris Neil type.  

Not sure he's available. Now that Stewart's a UFA, there's a better chance we can go after him for the 3rd line IMO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't want Montreal fans to hear this, but I've been really impressed with Price so far. Every time he makes a save, he looks calm and cool, as if he's saying that's not gonna happen, you're not gonna score like that.

It's quite a change from what I've seen from him vs Ottawa where his body language has been much different.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
NEELY wrote:Again, the Sens need more of a Kassian than a Prince or Chaisson.  Kassian has his flaws but if you give him the right role and ask him to do what he's best at he could be a big time player for the Sens and a new Chris Neil type.  

Not sure he's available.  Now that Stewart's a UFA, there's a better chance we can go after him for the 3rd line IMO.  

The third line is quick. Stewart is slow as molasses. Puking2

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote: It's funny because those are both players I'd like another season of before I'd want to trade them but a trade for a guy like ROR could only come once. And both those guys might see their value go down. It be also insurance down the middle and just out RoR on the Wong with zib for now.

Tee hee.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Not sure he's available.  Now that Stewart's a UFA, there's a better chance we can go after him for the 3rd line IMO.  

The third line is quick. Stewart is slow as molasses. Puking2

he can be a lot faster than people think when he's motivated. Also, if you have Condra and Pageau going into forecheck, it's nice to have the 3rd wave as a big dude like Stewart. Perhaps he's not the guy, but I can agree someone like that would be nice.

My concern won't be offense, although this series we're beating ourselves (and Price is helping) by not scoring. My concern lies with the 2nd pairing.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote: It's funny because those are both players I'd like another season of before I'd want to trade them but a trade for a guy like ROR could only come once. And both those guys might see their value go down. It be also insurance down the middle and just out RoR on the Wong with zib for now.

Tee hee.
wtf.... i'm so sick of autocorrect. the wing! the wing!!!!
Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

No idea what Prince could have done.  He only got 2 games but, really, he didn't distinguish himself.  Peumpel was definitely closer.  Now, if Peumpel didn't get injured, imagine we had him instead of Chiasson.  Heck, I'd take him over Michalek, at least in the short-term (Michalek, as expected, needs more time to get back into the swing of things).

He got back in the swing of things in the very first game by scoring a huge goal. One more goal than anyone not named Turris, Zibanejad, Wiercioch or MacArthur, the only other scorers, so far, not named Michalek.

Michale dumped the puck in and Markov Phillipsed it past Price. He's done very little before or since.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

I've thought Michalek has been one of the better Sens these playoffs.

Umm, not he's a step behind and his timing and hand-eye coordination aren't where the need to be. Not piling up on the guy but he did just come back from a concussion. MacArthur took 4-6 games and was ready for the playoffs; Michalek didn't have that time.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

Michale dumped the puck in and Markov Phillipsed it past Price.  He's done very little before or since.

Smart veteran play by Michalek to force the rare mistake by Markov. Crafty. If more guys had scored at least one goal, as Michalek has, we might be talking about Ottawa being up 3 - 0 at this point.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:I don't want Montreal fans to hear this, but I've been really impressed with Price so far.  Every time he makes a save, he looks calm and cool, as if he's saying that's not gonna happen, you're not gonna score like that.

It's quite a change from what I've seen from him vs Ottawa where his body language has been much different.

That's because the Sens three 53 hits and they all missed him. Almost like they weren't even aiming for him. What's the point of getting 7 penalties and not even getting into his kitchen. And chances are if someone (other than Neil) did that they'd be drawn into a retaliatory penalty.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Montreal is doing pretty much what we did to them in 2013.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Montreal is doing pretty much what we did to them in 2013.

They didn't out hit us in 2013, we didn't outshoot them. We didn't injure their best (Pacioretty was already hurt). Plus the one we did hurt was not a slash 50 feet away from the puck but a clean hit. Which resulted in a suspension.

Everything was different.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

No Stewart, please! If there's one thing this team has going of it, it's team chemistry and a strong work ethic. I'd say Hoffman is the only guy mailing it in and that's just because he bails every single time he might get hit.

There's no need to overreact here. They mounted a historic comeback to make it in and they ran out of gas. Ryan is definitely injured, Michalek hasn't found his hands yet, and Stone has no wrist shot. That's a big chunk of scoring gone missing. If they hadn't taken all those penalties last night, we would have won.

They need a vet that can skate to play with Ceci. That's about it. ROR would be nice and if Andreosn, Wier, and a piece gets it done, we're laughing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:No Stewart, please!  If there's one thing this team has going of it, it's team chemistry and a strong work ethic.  I'd say Hoffman is the only guy mailing it in and that's just because he bails every single time he might get hit.  

There's no need to overreact here.  They mounted a historic comeback to make it in and they ran out of gas.  Ryan is definitely injured, Michalek hasn't found his hands yet, and Stone has no wrist shot.  That's a big chunk of scoring gone missing.  If they hadn't taken all those penalties last night, we would have won.  

They need a vet that can skate to play with Ceci.  That's about it.  ROR would be nice and if Andreosn, Wier, and a piece gets it done, we're laughing.

Sounds about bang on to me.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why would Anderson go back to Colorado?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does he even have a NTC?

Sponsored content