GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 3: Canadiens @ Sens - Sunday, Apr 19th, 7:00pm

+8
Vandelay
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Hoags
PTFlea
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Anderson had a great game. I'd leave him in.
That said we are done. We might win the next one as the games are really close but we are done. I hope we make a big move this summer. We need a 1st line winger and a top 4 Dman. Anderson and Wier out might've what happens. Keep Cowen on the bottom pairing till he figures it out.

Yes, he had a great game, faced a ton of shots, and two that should not have gone in went in. The first one he sat in his crease thinking he had it, but he didn't, so open net goal for Wiese. Anderson -- not only did he give up a rebound but he did not know he gave up a rebound. Sure, someone should have had Wiese, that was a missed assignment, but that's why you have a goalie back there -- every SOG is a mistake (missed assignment, did not close gap and deflect puck with stick, let someone walk around you, turned the wrong way, etc.) and the goalie is paid to cover up for those. The one in OT is a simple play where you hug the post and he didn't. And I would not be piling up on Andy if he did the proper thing and admit that, despite the great game he had up to that point, that was on him. It was *not* a perfect shot (well, it kinda was because there was a 2" opening and he put it in there -- but there simply should not have been a 2" opening).

I am tired of the same schtick from this guy. He's a very good goalie (most of the time), he gets injured and cannot be relied on to play 70+ games, and when things don't go well he points fingers at every one but himself. Kinda like Rod Tidwell in Jerrry Maguire.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Prags, some goalie coaches, including Brodeur's, recommend to goalies that they don't blame themself...ever. It's a confidence thing. Anyway, Anderson was really solid last night. The team that played better won all 3 games...hard to complain about that. We're a very young team and have made some young team mistakes that wound up in our net...what're you gonna do?

How about that hit by Karlsson last night? Unreal. I think he actually got the head first, but that was no fault of his. I think he took another step last night if that's possible.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Anderson had a great game. I'd leave him in.
That said we are done. We might win the next one as the games are really close but we are done. I hope we make a big move this summer. We need a 1st line winger and a top 4 Dman. Anderson and Wier out might've what happens. Keep Cowen on the bottom pairing till he figures it out.

Yes, he had a great game, faced a ton of shots, and two that should not have gone in went in.  The first one he sat in his crease thinking he had it, but he didn't, so open net goal for Wiese.  Anderson -- not only did he give up a rebound but he did not know he gave up a rebound.  Sure, someone should have had Wiese, that was a missed assignment, but that's why you have a goalie back there -- every SOG is a mistake (missed assignment, did not close gap and deflect puck with stick, let someone walk around you, turned the wrong way, etc.) and the goalie is paid to cover up for those.  The one in OT is a simple play where you hug the post and he didn't.  And I would not be piling up on Andy if he did the proper thing and admit that, despite the great game he had up to that point, that was on him.  It was *not* a perfect shot (well, it kinda was because there was a 2" opening and he put it in there -- but there simply should not have been a 2" opening).

I am tired of the same schtick from this guy.  He's a very good goalie (most of the time), he gets injured and cannot be relied on to play 70+ games, and when things don't go well he points fingers at every one but himself.  Kinda like Rod Tidwell in Jerrry Maguire.

I don't know a lot of goalies that play 70+ games a season. I see your point though. The guy has an annual injury. I've said, all season, that Anderson should be traded and run with Lehner, regardless of what happens with Hammond.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Prags, some goalie coaches, including Brodeur's, recommend to goalies that they don't blame themself...ever.  It's a confidence thing. Anyway, Anderson was really solid last night. The team that played better won all 3 games...hard to complain about that. We're a very young team and have made some young team mistakes that wound up in our net...what're you gonna do?

How about that hit by Karlsson last night?  Unreal. I think he actually got the head first, but that was no fault of his. I think he took another step last night if that's possible.

You could put a framing square where Beaulieu was and it would line up with Karlsson's body on that one. Elbow tucked, body on body. Sure it caught the head but that was a textbook clean hit.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Can't believe people blame Anderson. He stopped 47 shots and they could only score one goal.

More infuriating is this team stops playing in the second period. You're not going to go far with that mentality.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Prags, some goalie coaches, including Brodeur's, recommend to goalies that they don't blame themself...ever.  It's a confidence thing. Anyway, Anderson was really solid last night. The team that played better won all 3 games...hard to complain about that. We're a very young team and have made some young team mistakes that wound up in our net...what're you gonna do?

How about that hit by Karlsson last night?  Unreal. I think he actually got the head first, but that was no fault of his. I think he took another step last night if that's possible.

You  could put a framing square where Beaulieu was and it would line up with Karlsson's body on that one. Elbow tucked, body on body. Sure it caught the head but that was a textbook clean hit.

Yep. Such a good hit. I hope we see a bit more of that next year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Can't believe people blame Anderson. He stopped 47 shots and they could only score one goal.

More infuriating is this team stops playing in the second period. You're not going to go far with that mentality.

people blamed Hammond for no reason. But Anderson is a vet with playoff experience, he needs to stop that OT shot. Not blaming him but I think it's obvious he's done as a Sen going forward

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I ain't even mad. Karlsson is a beast

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:I ain't even mad. Karlsson is a beast

I'm honestly not mad either, for a change. Sure there's some changes I would have made and, yes, those would have resulted in us having a 2 - 1 lead in the series. But that's life.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:Can't believe people blame Anderson. He stopped 47 shots and they could only score one goal.

people blamed Hammond for no reason. But Anderson is a vet with playoff experience, he needs to stop that OT shot. Not blaming him but I think it's obvious he's done as a Sen going forward

I think the needed to score more than one goal. And whomever was supposed to watch Weise blew it.

So no it's not just on Anderson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:You can't, you need a 4th line in the playoffs, all Cup winners have a 4th line they can throw out there and count on.

Neil is a perfect guy to have on the wing there but Legeand and Hoffman are useless on that same line.  I would love to see what a guy like Robinson brings to that spot next year and a guy like Smith back at center.  

The 3rd line I think you let Condra walk at this point and try and bring in a guy with a little size, some speed, and some smart.  Maybe Michalek moves down there though. The top 2 lines I wouldn't really ]touch at all but the Sens do need a big LH center still.

Back on the blueline I still really like the top 4 but they may need a vet back there capable of being a top 4 guy.  Where they are going to get that player I have no idea but Gryba had a really tough time in this series and they need an upgrade there too.  

Goaltending... Anderson is gone.  He was awesome last night but like the story of his season he wasn't able to get it done.  Hammond I think gets resigned to a 2 year deal as the backup, Lehner probably gets the chance to be the #1, and hopefully O'Connor decides Ottawa is the best place for him.

All in all there doesn't need to be any major moves but they should be making some important one.  I think this is going to be a 2 year process to really put this team together.  They need to be just a little tougher, a little faster and mobile on the backend, and they need to figure out the goalie situation once and for all.

Agree with this.

We're clearly on the right track. You need to clear out a couple of spots, legwand and smith for two, leave Neil there and either sign a vet or use a guy like grant and or Robinson. You need a clear definition of the 4th line.

Next question is: what's up with Ryan. I doubt a top six player is needed anymore at this point, funnily enough after last night, I think the top six is fine.

2nd pairing left handed D might be the singular most important move made next summer even if they don't mess with the bottom six. Must upgrade Wiercioch and Cowen - now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Ev wrote:

I think the needed to score more than one goal. And whomever was supposed to watch Weise blew it.

So no it's not just on Anderson.

I think these are the questions that get asked the morning after a superstar goalie makes it look easy against you.

We needed to score, we couldn't, Andy did everything he could.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I haven't been super-impressed with Zibanejad and if he's been offered as trade bait before, I see no reason why he wouldn't be again. That said, Lazar and Ceci need to go to the AHL and let a couple of guys who have actually paid their dues help this team out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

Next question is: what's up with Ryan.  

As we've speculated for a while, he must be injured.  There is really no doubt in my mind.  It is the ONLY explanation.  I'm guessing it might be his back.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't buy that their 4th line is good and ours isn't. They had one good game and then Weise scored two flukey goals. It's random luck.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Next question is: what's up with Ryan.  

As we've speculated for a while, he must be injured.  There is really no doubt in my mind.  It is the ONLY explanation.  I'm guessing it might be his back.

Must be something like that. Or hips or knees, gotta be sonething. The Sens brass needs to look at our scoring depth and question if its good enough to overcome an injury like that. I think it probably is, but maybe they want to try to sign a Stewart style guy regardless - if he's even available on July 1.

I strongly think it's the defence - as in, we need another truly dangerous Dman who can and does score 40+ points while being good defensively. Easier said than done, but that's what we need.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:i don't buy that their 4th line is good and ours isn't. They had one good game and then Weise scored two flukey goals. It's random luck.

Not sure i totally buy it either, but Im not big on legwand and especially smith personally. So slow.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't forget Matt Pumpy Puempel was playing really well when he got injured. He would've helped our scoring depth, no doubt. And maybe Da Costa contributes next year. There's a lot of interesting options going forward without even thinking about bringing a guy in from outside the organization. I wouldn't know what to do; hopefully B Murr does.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum