GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round 1: Sens vs Habs

+13
Vandelay
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
tim1_2
spader
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Ev
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 16]

46Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, the only ones with sources regarding when and if hams will be burgled reside right here on this site old friend.

Advantage Sens.

47Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:39 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think the fact that Price is playing unreal and Hammond is burgling hams, this series could see many an OT game.  I hope the Sens can win it but, just like the Sens are different this season, so too are the Habs.  This version of Price would have made that 2013 series go much longer.

Bah. Who knows? All I know is that even through 2014-2015, Price's average against Your Senatores was 0.887. That bodes well. Could we be the Habs' version of our Leafs circa 2000-2005 ? Might just be!!!

48Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think the fact that Price is playing unreal and Hammond is burgling hams, this series could see many an OT game.  I hope the Sens can win it but, just like the Sens are different this season, so too are the Habs.  This version of Price would have made that 2013 series go much longer.

Bah.  Who knows?  All I know is that even through 2014-2015, Price's average against Your Senatores was 0.887.  That bodes well.  Could we be the Habs' version of our Leafs circa 2000-2005 ?  Might just be!!!

I like your moxie on this. I'm on board with your assessment.

49Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:I'm feeling a little guilty about having some fun trolling the Habs fans over on HFBoards.  Just a little harmless fun.  

I've been poking around there a bit. What's your handle on hf?

Don't remember. Will have to go on my laptop later. I was just scanning the thread and my posts may have been removed. If so, then the mood there are idiots. Anything beyond "Good luck" from other team fans is gone?

50Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, my nickname on HFBoards is (was?) wprager. I got two infractions. Here's the first one, from a couple weeks ago:

Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Captur14

And here's the most recent one:

Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Captur15

My posts have been removed and I may have been suspended (I can't view my old posts and that is one of the possible reasons stated in the error message).

Unbelievable.

51Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

The optimist in me says Sens in 7. The realist says there's a good chance we run out of gas. We've been lucky as of late and haven't been able to skate teams as hard as we were early in this epic run. I still don't like Weircoch in our zone when teams get the cycle going (don't get me wrong, he's come a long way). I think now that we've made the playoffs, a lot of fans are of the mindset that we're pretty much invincible. Playoffs are a different game and I think we've been playing all out for the last while and it may cost us now. I also think a lot of people are assuming Price will play like he did in 2013 against us. I'm willing to bet he will be great.

To me, it all comes down to Zib and Ryan. Michalek will do what he can but those two have to produce. With only one scoring line, I don't see us winning this series.

52Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:53 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:OK, my nickname on HFBoards is (was?) wprager.  I got two infractions.  Here's the first one, from a couple weeks ago:

My posts have been removed and I may have been suspended  (I can't view my old posts and that is one of the possible reasons stated in the error message).

Unbelievable.

It's genuinely hilarious that that is being flagged and then seconded as "trolling." Laugh1

53Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:OK, my nickname on HFBoards is (was?) wprager.  I got two infractions.  Here's the first one, from a couple weeks ago:

My posts have been removed and I may have been suspended  (I can't view my old posts and that is one of the possible reasons stated in the error message).

Unbelievable.

I admire your skills of trollery, old friend.

54Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm a very subtle troll.

Re-reading the second one, I don't understand, unless they referred to the wrong one. In another post I said how I came to Montreal in '75 and lived there 20 years, and saw my fair share of parades, and how this current incarnation of the franchise is a shadow of the glory days of the '70s.

Here's the thing, if I worded my posts differently (using they instead of we and so on, to make it sound like I was a Habs fan), well that would be find, of course.

I should create another account with my gmail account and pretend I'm a Habs fan. Go undercover. Double-agent.

55Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, I was not suspended. I just can't post in the Habs forum (or at least in that particular topic).

56Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Oh, I was not suspended.  I just can't post in the Habs forum (or at least in that particular topic).
Meh. Not a big loss. So you got kicked off the short bus. Are you really sorry?

57Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:The optimist in me says Sens in 7.  The realist says there's a good chance we run out of gas.  We've been lucky as of late and haven't been able to skate teams as hard as we were early in this epic run.  I still don't like Weircoch in our zone when teams get the cycle going (don't get me wrong, he's come a long way).  I think now that we've made the playoffs, a lot of fans are of the mindset that we're pretty much invincible. Playoffs are a different game and I think we've been playing all out for the last while and it may cost us now.  I also think a lot of people are assuming Price will play like he did in 2013 against us.  I'm willing to bet he will be great.  

To me, it all comes down to Zib and Ryan.  Michalek will do what he can but those two have to produce.  With only one scoring line, I don't see us winning this series.

You're forgetting about Pageau and Condra. They're guys on a mission right now and easily constitute a 2nd line IMO.

Zibanejad will still have to produce, same with Ryan, but the "3rd" line with Pageau centering is gonna cause the Habs D pairings all sorts of fits.

58Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens have brought up Steve Sterling for the duration of the playoffs. Given the situation with Reeds and the fact that their coaching ranks had already been thinned out without the Bug-Eyed Fat Walrus, this could simply meant they need an extra pair of eyes. But Stirling also ran the Bingo PP (3rd best in the AHL, even with that roster).

59Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispensed wrote:
Vandelay wrote:The optimist in me says Sens in 7.  The realist says there's a good chance we run out of gas.  We've been lucky as of late and haven't been able to skate teams as hard as we were early in this epic run.  I still don't like Weircoch in our zone when teams get the cycle going (don't get me wrong, he's come a long way).  I think now that we've made the playoffs, a lot of fans are of the mindset that we're pretty much invincible. Playoffs are a different game and I think we've been playing all out for the last while and it may cost us now.  I also think a lot of people are assuming Price will play like he did in 2013 against us.  I'm willing to bet he will be great.  

To me, it all comes down to Zib and Ryan.  Michalek will do what he can but those two have to produce.  With only one scoring line, I don't see us winning this series.

You're forgetting about Pageau and Condra.  They're guys on a mission right now and easily constitute a 2nd line IMO.

Zibanejad will still have to produce, same with Ryan, but the "3rd" line with Pageau centering is gonna cause the Habs D pairings all sorts of fits.

The whole Pageau being a Habs killer is IMO being over-played as well. I hope it continues but it seems like every fan I talk to thinks we're gonna run over the Habs cause Pageau is gonna score four goals every game. I figure we're in for a a great series as long as the team isn't over-confident like the fan base seems to be. As long as the "playing with house money" mindset continues, we're fine.

60Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think we're invicible. I would have picked the Rangers if we played them. But I am confident we can beat the Habs and I am confident we are a better overall team than they are. We have shown that they are our Wing Dang Doodle over the last three seasons

61Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

You're forgetting about Pageau and Condra.  They're guys on a mission right now and easily constitute a 2nd line IMO.

The whole Pageau being a Habs killer is IMO being over-played as well.  I hope it continues but it seems like every fan I talk to thinks we're gonna run over the Habs cause Pageau is gonna score four goals every game.  I figure we're in for a a great series as long as the team isn't over-confident like the fan base seems to be.  As long as the "playing with house money" mindset continues, we're fine.

Nevermind whatever success Pageau had against the Habs 2 years ago, he and Condra are playing lights out hockey and could prove to be a big factor.

62Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I sent the following reply to the moderator who gave me the first infraction:

Unbelievable! That guy calls a whole fanbase "arrogant and irrelevent (sic)" and all the other niceties and that's perfectly fine? And *my* post is the one that gets taken down. Brilliant little bit of moderating.

Got an infraction for that one, for "Abuse of Moderator".

I was laughing so hard my wife got suspicious. I'm probably banned by now because I couldn't resist and replied to the third infraction. He's probably going to go on stress leave now because I used "OMG" and "Whatever" in my reply.

63Round 1: Sens vs Habs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I don't think we're invicible. I would have picked the Rangers if we played them. But I am confident we can beat the Habs and I am confident we are a better overall team than they are. We have shown that they are our Wing Dang Doodle over the last three seasons

Pretty much.
I don't think we can beat Tampa either. Other than that we can beat any team in the East, and we can certainly massacre Montreal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum