GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Laffs @ Sens - Wednesday, Jan 21th, 7:00pm, Sportsnet, TVA

+8
NEELY
Ev
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

JGP and Condra had good nights. Hoffman was a beast for the first half at least. Zibby's goal was a beaut. All in all, that was an entertaining game. I don't love that the Leafs got back into it, especially after that first period, but good game nonetheless.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sens were playing on back to back nights. The refs decide to even thing up with the straight against the good guys, could put lucky breaks. That first goal, Claesson should have been getting back because it sure didn't look like a for sure thing that puck wasn't being cleared. He was rewarded for his laziness. Second goal he pushed Andy a few times leading up to the shot. I wouldn't mind seeing a crease violation rule like the IIHF has - not a penalty, but get your Donkey out of the crease if the puck is still at the point. Third goal was just an awful rebound.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson was just showing off for the folks who didn't pick him for the ASG.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

karlsson is a monster. That game was great except for letting the leafs back in. I'll take it.

They've been playing well the last little while...it's a shame they couldn't win more games like against dallas and carolina.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Sens were playing on back to back nights.  The refs decide to even thing up with the straight against the good guys, could put lucky breaks.  That first goal, Claesson should have been getting back because it sure didn't look like a for sure thing that puck wasn't being cleared.  He was rewarded for his laziness.  Second goal he pushed Andy a few times leading up to the shot.  I wouldn't mind seeing a crease violation rule like the IIHF has - not a penalty, but get your Donkey out of the crease if the puck is still at the point.   Third goal was just an awful rebound.

Claesson? Did I somehow miss that he got called up and not notice him playing? scratch

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:There's no better win than a win against the leafs. Still they suck and we let them score 3. But I'll take it!!!

Indeed. The refs assisted on a couple of Leafs goals of course.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The thing I found hilarious was how Phaneuf never got an extra penalty for his molestation of Michalek. He slew-footed 9MM, then cross-checked him, and then they "scrapped". The ref was standing right next to them watching the entire thing. It was quite something.

I think Stone had a really good game too. He reminds me of MacArthur a bit in that he's so smart...the small plays he makes to either break up opposing rushes or initiate a rush...very impressive.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You bring up Michalek but there is a guy who is starting to find his stride again and has figured out a way to be a contributor again. He's put together a string of games where you see him and think that he's part of the solution here, add in the fact he has the ability to play on any line up and down the lineup and you have a pretty valuable player. 2 more years on his deal after this year is up and short of a team really liking what they see in Michalek and them giving up a 2nd or better for him, good guy to have around to take the pressure off some guys who may not be ready or just generally used to it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also after watching that game and seeing how the "prospects" are progressing there is just no way to cheer against the Sens and hope they lose. If they can string a couple wins together even if it's just for optics and can get themselves back into the race and make it interesting and stay out of the bottom 10, in the long run I think that's better than what the Leafs are doing and have become.

#makearun

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We're now 10 points out of both wildcard spots, but there's only one team between us and them...and that's the Panthers. So we're in a somewhat better spot than we were a couple weeks ago. If we can go on a run sometime before the end of February when our schedule toughens up again, playoffs aren't out of the question.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They need to get into the playoff race before they can get into the playoffs... IMO fans should and team alike should be cheering the Sens on and playing hard one game at a time, that's it. No point in looking up the hill they have to climb because right now you can't see the top.

Play hard, young guys continue to progress, and quite honestly if they keep playing the way they are playing right now I am fine win or lose. The progression has been great since Dec, you see it coming along and I am enjoying the Sens more right now aside from the old vets who are now the healthy scratches (shocking Uhoh!) than I have since the playoff win against Montreal.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The thing I found hilarious was how Phaneuf never got an extra penalty for his molestation of Michalek.  He slew-footed 9MM, then cross-checked him, and then they "scrapped".  The ref was standing right next to them watching the entire thing.  It was quite something.

I think Stone had a really good game too.  He reminds me of MacArthur a bit in that he's so smart...the small plays he makes to either break up opposing rushes or initiate a rush...very impressive.

I can't defend a spear so I won't. I will say that the slew foot and subsequent repeated cross-checks while Michalek was down sort evened the score even though "he (Phaneuf) started it." Then Phaneuf proceeds to start punching while Michalek is still down and trying to get up. The last part should have been grounds for retribution and I'm disappointed none was served.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I, personally, think the playoffs are impossible but I still want the team to improve and play well. I just don't care as much about the score unless we are playing toronto or Montreal.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully with Karlsson and Methot seemingly clicking again, the whole team can start to find some consistency. Interesting (and good) to see that Condra/JGP/Stone lead the forwards in ice time. These guys were going 100%, 100% of the time.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Do the Sens resign Condra?  I don't think you will find a better, cheaper, or hard working player than Condra via UFA.  That's the type of player you want as your #12, 13 forward and if guys from Bingo are truly ready for the NHL that's the guy you have to push out of the lineup at this point.

If they don't resign Condra I think it's a mistake... not a huge mistake or one that can't be overcome but that's just letting a player walk for free basically.  If they offered him a 1.5 mil x 2, even a 3 year deal then jump on that. I think resigning Condra though will have something to do with the Sens ability to find Greening a new home though.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Do the Sens resign Condra?  I don't think you will find a better, cheaper, or hard working player than Condra via UFA.  That's the type of player you want as your #12, 13 forward and if guys from Bingo are truly ready for the NHL that's the guy you have to push out of the lineup at this point.

If they don't resign Condra I think it's a mistake... not a huge mistake or one that can't be overcome but that's just letting a player walk for free basically.  If they offered him a 1.5 mil x 2, even a 3 year deal then jump on that.  I think resigning Condra though will have something to do with the Sens ability to find Greening a new home though.

Like I said:

SeawaySensFan wrote:One guy I look at and think "this guy is just rock solid" is young Condra. That's the kind of player the best teams have in their back pocket who will go out there, even if it's just to rest your best guys, and never hurt you and sometimes help you.

Besides, he's got to be one of the best PKers in the league and for a team that takes a lot of cheap undeserved penalties, a player like that is pure gold.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Do the Sens resign Condra?  I don't think you will find a better, cheaper, or hard working player than Condra via UFA.  That's the type of player you want as your #12, 13 forward and if guys from Bingo are truly ready for the NHL that's the guy you have to push out of the lineup at this point.

If they don't resign Condra I think it's a mistake... not a huge mistake or one that can't be overcome but that's just letting a player walk for free basically.  If they offered him a 1.5 mil x 2, even a 3 year deal then jump on that.  I think resigning Condra though will have something to do with the Sens ability to find Greening a new home though.

Absolutely. If he'll sign here, I would sign him without a second thought.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:They need to get into the playoff race before they can get into the playoffs... IMO fans should and team alike should be cheering the Sens on and playing hard one game at a time, that's it.  No point in looking up the hill they have to climb because right now you can't see the top.

Play hard, young guys continue to progress, and quite honestly if they keep playing the way they are playing right now I am fine win or lose.  The progression has been great since Dec, you see it coming along and I am enjoying the Sens more right now aside from the old vets who are now the healthy scratches (shocking Uhoh!) than I have since the playoff win against Montreal.

Right now I'm personally cheering on Hoffman and hope to see him climb in the rookie scoring race. He's gotta be in the convo for rookie of the year if he can pass Forsberg for the goal lead, considering his limited ice time.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum