GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sportsnet-ONE to carry up to 15 extra Sens games

+4
dennycrane
SensHulk
Ev
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

ian_mendes Our new channel Sportsnet ONE is set to carry up to 15 extra Sens games next season. (In addition to the 40 we already show on SN East).

This is the first I am hearing of a new channel, so it will of course take some research to look into, like will it be included with the current Rogers Sportsnet packages, or will it cost extra? Will it still black out games in out of market areas (which sucks for me).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535164

Bulletin: Senators games to be available on Rogers Sportsnet One
Thursday, 29.07.2010 / 4:11 PM / News
Ottawa Senators
OTTAWA
- The Ottawa Senators and Rogers Sportsnet announced today they have reached an agreement on a four-year deal to broadcast up to 15 regular season games on Rogers Sportsnet One, starting with the 2010-2011 NHL season.

Rogers Sportsnet One is a new 24-hour national sports digital channel that will feature more than 800 hours of live-event programming, of which the majority will be broadcast in high-definition format. Sportsnet One is scheduled to launch on Saturday, Aug. 14.

Rogers Sportsnet One will also broadcast a Senators pre-season game which will be announced at a later date.

"We are excited about the launch of Sportsnet One,” said Senators president Cyril Leeder. “The new channel will result in more games being available for Senators fans. We want to make it as easy as possible for our fans to watch our games on television and Sportsnet One will help us do just that. We have been televising Senators games with Rogers Sportsnet since their inception and have built a strong working partnership with their organization in the process."

This new partnership is in addition to Rogers Sportsnet East’s 40-game Senators broadcast schedule, which is available to fans throughout the club’s regional broadcast territory.

“We’re excited to have Senators games available on Rogers Sportsnet One,” said Doug Beeforth, president of Rogers Sportsnet. “A tradition we have established on Rogers Sportsnet is to provide viewers 'Hockey That Matters', and we have accomplished that on Rogers Sportsnet One with the Senators.”

NHL regional restrictions apply for Rogers Sportsnet One, with Senators games to be made available to viewers in Ontario from Peterborough east and north to the Manitoba border, while also including Quebec and the four Atlantic provinces.

Rogers Sportsnet and Rogers Sportsnet One will announce its respective Senators broadcast schedules in August.

- end -

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:NHL regional restrictions apply for Rogers Sportsnet One, with Senators games to be made available to viewers in Ontario from Peterborough east and north to the Manitoba border, while also including Quebec and the four Atlantic provinces.

Boo! :crossarms:

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can we fire Dean Brown already? So sick of him.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I like Dean Brown. SCRAMBLEEEEEEEEEEE.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I like Dean Brown. SCRAMBLEEEEEEEEEEE.

I like him too. he's been around for a while too, and gets gigs on HNIC that saves us from Bob Cole. and, quite frankly, homerism is EVERY WHERE, so why not in Ottawa either?

btw, this sportsnet one...is this a free channel or is this a shady knock-off the likes of tsn2?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You'd think that if you subscribe to S-Net you'd get it included, like TSN2 was included with Bell's HD pack or one of the theme packs.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Like TSN2, it will be sold to various cable companies. For us, Rogers simply wouldn't pay for TSN2 right away.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well Rogers should have S-Net ONE since they own it lol

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Dash wrote:I like Dean Brown. SCRAMBLEEEEEEEEEEE.

I like him too. he's been around for a while too, and gets gigs on HNIC that saves us from Bob Cole. and, quite frankly, homerism is EVERY WHERE, so why not in Ottawa either?

btw, this sportsnet one...is this a free channel or is this a shady knock-off the likes of tsn2?

I don't care about his homerism, but I am not a fan of his voice or his style. It's time for a change.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Are you applying for the job? I'm all for change as long as we find somebody better. In my opinion, he's done alright.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LOL I would be terrible, I'd sound like a 50's announcer or someone boring like that!

I say the Sens should start a reality show on Sportsnet to find a new broadcaster Sportsnet-ONE to carry up to 15 extra Sens games 557710

Dash wrote:ian_mendes Our new channel Sportsnet ONE is set to carry up to 15 extra Sens games next season. (In addition to the 40 we already show on SN East).

This is the first I am hearing of a new channel, so it will of course take some research to look into, like will it be included with the current Rogers Sportsnet packages, or will it cost extra? Will it still black out games in out of market areas (which sucks for me).

I'd imagine that it's included with Rogers cable package.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:Can we fire Dean Brown already? So sick of him.

Dean Brown is awesome.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:
Dash wrote:NHL regional restrictions apply for Rogers Sportsnet One, with Senators games to be made available to viewers in Ontario from Peterborough east and north to the Manitoba border, while also including Quebec and the four Atlantic provinces.

Boo! :crossarms:
That Cussing stinks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum