GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

According to Sportsnet Brad Lauer Sens new assistant coach

+4
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
jamvan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/07/23/senators_lauer/

Here is the article....

THE CANADIAN PRESS

OTTAWA -- The Ottawa Senators have named Brad Lauer assistant coach.

Lauer joins head coach Cory Clouston, assistant coach Greg Carvel, goaltending coach Eli Wilson and video coach Tim Pattyson. The NHL team said former assistant Luke Richardson will remain in the organization as a part-time coach.

Lauer, who played 30 games with the Senators in 1993-94, served as Clouston's assistant for five seasons with the WHL Kootenay Ice from 2002-03 to 2006-07.

He spent the last two seasons as assistant coach with the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals.

Lauer also played in the NHL for the New York Islanders, Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins.

The 42-year-old native of Humboldt, Sask., finished his playing career with the Sheffield Steelers of the British Super League in 2001-02.

The Sens also appointed Chris Schwarz conditioning coach and Dom Nicoletta assistant athletic therapist.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

It's on TSN as well and Richardson is staying on as part-time coach.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice find. It's too bad Randy Lee isn't still the strength and conditioning coach. I understand promoting him if he deserves it you don't want to hold a guy back because you really like the current job he does but, it just seemed to have hurt the organization when he moved out of that position.

Does anyone know anything about this new guy Chris Schwarz?

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's also on the Marketwire.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Ottawa-Senators-Hockey-Club-1020946.html

It goes into more detail and we get to know a littel background on the Conditioning coach and athletic therapist.

Schwarz looks like a good hire.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any relation to "Straightman" Stu Schwarz?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Good stuff... a Clouston pick and will hopefully allow "the Clouston way" to cement itself in the team.

Last edited by shabbs on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh crazy! This is HUGE news.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Served as assistant to Clouston for 5 seasons in the WHL when their teams were kicking arse. He's the right guy for the job obviously.

Very good news! :KKK:

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Good stuff... a Clouston pick and will hopefully all "the Clouston way" to cement itself in the team.

Somewhere in Kelowna, Dany Heatley is crying ....

"more Cory Clouston in Ottawa ?" ... nooo

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Somewhere in Kelowna, Dany Heatley is crying ....

"more Cory Clouston in Ottawa ?" ... nooo

Laughing3 I was thinking the same thing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Better get them stationary bikes in the media room dusted off and ready for lights, camera, action.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Any relation to "Straightman" Stu Schwarz?

Who knows. A very, very common name. I believe he's a local product, as is Chris Schwartz but, again, it's a common name.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anything on Sportsnet about the Heatley situation? Frustrated2

The Sens should dump Carvel and bring in Larry Robinson, who I believe is no longer with the Devils organization, into the Sens coaching staff. He could do wonders with our defense. WIth teams like Edmonton assembling all star coaching staffs, it couldn't hurt to ask Big Bird.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Anything on Sportsnet about the Heatley situation? Frustrated2
Not a peep.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum