GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sportsnet-ONE to carry up to 15 extra Sens games

+4
dennycrane
SensHulk
Ev
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Dash wrote:ian_mendes Our new channel Sportsnet ONE is set to carry up to 15 extra Sens games next season. (In addition to the 40 we already show on SN East).

This is the first I am hearing of a new channel, so it will of course take some research to look into, like will it be included with the current Rogers Sportsnet packages, or will it cost extra? Will it still black out games in out of market areas (which sucks for me).

I'd imagine that it's included with Rogers cable package.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:Can we fire Dean Brown already? So sick of him.

Dean Brown is awesome.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:
Dash wrote:NHL regional restrictions apply for Rogers Sportsnet One, with Senators games to be made available to viewers in Ontario from Peterborough east and north to the Manitoba border, while also including Quebec and the four Atlantic provinces.

Boo! :crossarms:
That Cussing stinks.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:
Dash wrote:
Dash wrote:NHL regional restrictions apply for Rogers Sportsnet One, with Senators games to be made available to viewers in Ontario from Peterborough east and north to the Manitoba border, while also including Quebec and the four Atlantic provinces.

Boo! :crossarms:
That Cussing stinks.

Just brutal.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Its time for you boys to say good bye to Toronto....LOL or just go to atdhe.net

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I had used ATDHE and then we got Centre Ice, and while it is expensive, it is worth it to see HD games. I don't know what we will do this season though.

It's just a stupid, money grabbing scheme by the NHL. Here Rogers Sportsnet has 4 (soon to be 5) channels, that one can subscribe to all of (S-NET E/W/P/O and ONE). There's absolutely no reason why East (which is the East region excluding Toronto) cannot just carry the Sens games as usual for all to see. But the NHL chooses to black it out. Same with CBC - most people have CBC-E and CBC-W, and there's also CBC-M (Montreal). On HNIC they should have each carry a different game in HD when there are double-headers. Sucks that the Sens usually get relegated to the SD network.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I had used ATDHE and then we got Centre Ice, and while it is expensive, it is worth it to see HD games. I don't know what we will do this season though.

It's just a stupid, money grabbing scheme by the NHL. Here Rogers Sportsnet has 4 (soon to be 5) channels, that one can subscribe to all of (S-NET E/W/P/O and ONE). There's absolutely no reason why East (which is the East region excluding Toronto) cannot just carry the Sens games as usual for all to see. But the NHL chooses to black it out. Same with CBC - most people have CBC-E and CBC-W, and there's also CBC-M (Montreal). On HNIC they should have each carry a different game in HD when there are double-headers. Sucks that the Sens usually get relegated to the SD network.

Does centre ice broadcast games from tsn2 and now sportnet1?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nope. What happens is if a game is available on a national network, like CBC or TSN, then the game is blacked out on CI. Same with S-NET - if it is available in your market you have to watch it on that channel.

Also if a game is exclusive to Leafs TV (a subscription channel) it won't be on CI.

Seriously it's all about the $$$

Oddly enough, RDS carries quite a few Sens games in HD.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

okay but from what you're saying, it looks like the only broadcast that won't be on CI is the TSN and TSN2 broadcast. sens broadcasts on SN1 are not national though so technically it should still be available on center ice

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No, no... I know that CI carries games that are also on S-NET, but if you are within the region of the game that is carried on S-NET, then the CI channel will be blacked-out. I will get pretty much 100% of all Sens broadcasts with CI, combined with CBC and TSN. Only Sens games I will see on S-NET not on CI are games vs. Leafs.

Michallica wrote:
Dash wrote:I had used ATDHE and then we got Centre Ice, and while it is expensive, it is worth it to see HD games. I don't know what we will do this season though.

Does centre ice broadcast games from tsn2 and now sportnet1?

I'm not sure about the specific channels, but in Ottawa if you go to the 120s or so, they have regional CBCs. It's not in HD but I rather watch a game not in HD than a Leafs game in HD

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know why I don't like Dean Brown now, it's his way-too-Canadian accent. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum