GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Blackhawks @ Sens, Thursday, Oct 30, 7:30 PM

+10
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SensHulk
Ev
wprager
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:except he wasn't "Cowen", he still played decently and he will be in the lineup for good IMO. On a night where the best D was the worst, playing against the Hawks, it can be forgotten.

One thing he did well was get under Sharp's skin. Sharp was invisible after that.

I'm not sure why you decided to start having a love affair with Cowen (started around a year ago from what I remember), but your unbelievable ability to look past the obvious faults is just getting silly.

I'd rather have BoroCop in the lineup...and I was a big Cowen fan (I own a Cowen jersey)...I still think he can turn things around, but he hasn't yet.

Because I stick up for players who are wrongly scapegoated and I am a fan of Cowen.

I was at the game last night unlike most (or all) here so I'm commenting on what I saw. He really wasn't noticeable last night in a bad or good way. He didn't play a lot of minutes and he made a few errors but if you think anybody is going to be perfect, then you're out to lunch. Wiercioch was easily worse and it's looking like he will be on the sidelines for a while once we get bodies back.

Boro isn't a better player, he just stays on the bottom pairing and plays his role (sometimes poorly as seen last game).

Boroweicki at this point is the better player because he knows how to do his job that he is asked to do, pretty close to perfection. As for his penalty against Columbus after Boll took a clean run, so what? Other guys took notice, guys won't be pushed around, and it's a team mentality now in large part because of #74.

Cowen, well he has to figure out how to be Boroweicki.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Boro isn't a better player, he just stays on the bottom pairing and plays his role (sometimes poorly as seen last game).

You mean sticking up for a teammate, firing up the team, and spurring them to victory?

That didn't happen and we can stop the trolling now.

Didn't it? Or did it? Or did it not? Hard to say.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:except he wasn't "Cowen", he still played decently and he will be in the lineup for good IMO. On a night where the best D was the worst, playing against the Hawks, it can be forgotten.

One thing he did well was get under Sharp's skin. Sharp was invisible after that.

I'm not sure why you decided to start having a love affair with Cowen (started around a year ago from what I remember), but your unbelievable ability to look past the obvious faults is just getting silly.

I'd rather have BoroCop in the lineup...and I was a big Cowen fan (I own a Cowen jersey)...I still think he can turn things around, but he hasn't yet.

Because I stick up for players who are wrongly scapegoated and I am a fan of Cowen.

I was at the game last night unlike most (or all) here so I'm commenting on what I saw. He really wasn't noticeable last night in a bad or good way. He didn't play a lot of minutes and he made a few errors but if you think anybody is going to be perfect, then you're out to lunch. Wiercioch was easily worse and it's looking like he will be on the sidelines for a while once we get bodies back.

Boroweicki at this point is the better player because he knows how to do his job that he is asked to do, pretty close to perfection.  As for his penalty against Columbus after Boll took a clean run, so what?  Other guys took notice, guys won't be pushed around, and it's a team mentality now in large part because of #74.

So what? It directly led to a goal against and the coaching staff want players to stop taking penalties. If Cowen did that, I bet everyone would be ALL over him for that.

That was a stupid play and I'm all for hitting, playing nasty, and sticking up for your teammates. That's not sticking up for anybody, sorry.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Boroweicki at this point is the better player because he knows how to do his job that he is asked to do, pretty close to perfection.  As for his penalty against Columbus after Boll took a clean run, so what?  Other guys took notice, guys won't be pushed around, and it's a team mentality now in large part because of #74.

So what? It directly led to a goal against and the coaching staff want players to stop taking penalties. If Cowen did that, I bet everyone would be ALL over him for that.

That was a stupid play and I'm all for hitting, playing nasty, and sticking up for your teammates. That's not sticking up for anybody, sorry.

To be fair, the PP goal that was scored was one most goalies would save. It was Lehner's poor positioning that allowed it in.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That's because Cowen has lost the benefit of the doubt. It's like a kid who makes the same mistake over and over again vs a kid who never makes a mistake but did this time around but it was for the greater good in his mind and what is being asked of him. Cowen has lost any and all benefit of the doubt at this point and it's about time you realize that. There's a reason he was sat for over 2 weeks straight, that's how bad his game is/was and that's what they think of him at this point.

It wasn't a stupid play because it worked, team was flat and despite the goal it got things going.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
It wasn't a stupid play because it worked, team was flat and despite the goal it got things going.  

What a great mentality...Hockey is such a dumb sport sometimes.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

anyway Diddle Cowen talk, I can't wait til Methot gets back at this point. The fact that we are 5-2-2 without our #2 D is great.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can't stop thinking about that kid line. Hoffman is a perfect compliment to stone and lazar. Future rock solid third line?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Methot was on the ice this morning in full gear looking good, according to Buffet Garrioch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Methot was on the ice this morning in full gear looking good, according to Buffet Garrioch.

Big news for us.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Can't stop thinking about that kid line. Hoffman is a perfect compliment to stone and lazar. Future rock solid third line?

Could be a near-future 2nd line if they keep playing like they did last night.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Can't stop thinking about that kid line.  Hoffman is a perfect compliment to stone and lazar.  Future rock solid third line?  

I don't think it's even a stretch to say they'll get much, much better. 2nd line, 3rd line. Who knows? With chiasson and zbad around, this team is headed in the right direction offensively. Love chiasson.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

What a great mentality...Hockey is such a dumb sport sometimes.

of course it is... same mind set as a lot of thugs.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Can't stop thinking about that kid line.  Hoffman is a perfect compliment to stone and lazar.  Future rock solid third line?  

I'll wait til I see them on the road. Pmac kept putting them against the Hawks' 3rd D pairing and that gives a pretty huge advantage.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Interesting move by P-Mac, putting ZBad out there late when we needed a goal...and did it ever pay off.  Zibanejad looked pretty relieved too.  

And yeah, I forgot to mention the kid line...really impressive.  The cool thing about that line is it provides us a legit threat as a 3rd line, without taking away any of the primary "top 6" forwards we have (Turris, Ryan, MacArthur, Chiasson)...if we can keep that kid line together, that'd be sweet.

Too bad he didn't put him out even later, when they still needed a goal. The key to Ryan's game -- at least his goal scoring -- is his quick release. Perfect example last night. The puck was off the Chicago player's stick for a millisecond and WHAM! Bobby scores. Players like that sometimes don't do well in shootouts because that element of surprised just isn't there.

Zibanejad, on the other hand, scored already this year and it was an excellent shot, IIRC. Last year he was 50%. Turris, although that was a poor attempt, was 1 for 1 coming in and was 50% last year. Chiasson was 0 for 1 and was 20% last year. So I really don't get it. Turris, sure, not very good this time but history on his side. Chiasson, historically not very good. Ryan was 0 for 4 last season and is not 0 for 5 as a Sen. So why not go with a guy that scored a goal already and is above 50% over last couple of seasons? Stone has also shown some really good hands close in.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Who cares about shootouts, we should make the playoffs even if we lose all of them otherwise we shouldn't be there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:That's because Cowen has lost the benefit of the doubt.  It's like a kid who makes the same mistake over and over again vs a kid who never makes a mistake but did this time around but it was for the greater good in his mind and what is being asked of him.  Cowen has lost any and all benefit of the doubt at this point and it's about time you realize that.  There's a reason he was sat for over 2 weeks straight, that's how bad his game is/was and that's what they think of him at this point.

Yeah, let's not forget that Cowen cost us a top-10 pick, whereas Borowiecki was a later rounder; Cowen held out for big bucks he didn't deserve, while Borowiecki quietly played for AHL bucks and earned his one-way and extension. So, yes, less is expected from Borowiecki, however Boro is +3 in 8 games and Cowen is -2 in 4. Boro has taken 7 minors, two of those were coincidental; only one goal scored against on the ensuing powerplays; he also drew the major, on which the Sens scored. Cowen's only taken 3 minors (but in 3 games), none were coincidental, and opposition scored a PPG on one of them. He hasn't drawn any penalties.

Borowiecki is ahead, for sure, and you have to look no further than the fact he hasn't been a healthy scratch yet, while Cowen has sat out 5 games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I'll wait til I see them on the road. Pmac kept putting them against the Hawks' 3rd D pairing and that gives a pretty huge advantage.

Someone's gotta play against the 3rd pairing. You think on the road the other coach will be putting his third pairing guys against Turris or Zibanejad?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum