GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
asq2
rooneypoo
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SensHulk
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Red Wings rally to tie the game, scoring 2 goals with the goalie pulled, then win it in OT.  Abdelkader scored the winner after taking a puck to the face earlier in the game.  I'm sure we'll see his heroics on Coach's Corner.

And hear of these heroic deeds from the name dropper.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Boston losing Chara hurts... a lot.  Not sure if that will be enough of a knock out blow though.  They have Bambie legs right now though.

San Jose?  Team is fragile and I would say there is a rift there in a big way right now.  Old guard vs new guard like it was in Ottawa.  They have to move Thornton this year otherwise his value will just drop and they will have the same problems.  If they move Thornton to a team like Montreal or NYR then they could get an enormous sum for him.  It would also help in creating depth in that organization right now which it needs.  Depth wins championships along with a solid blueline.

Chara may not be a knockout punch but combined with Rask playing like a bad backup it could spell disaster. Rask is a very good goalie so unless he's injured I don't see this continuing (it's not like he's in his declining years -- something we could be seeing in NYR -- .894 SV% despite the respectable 4-2 record). But if something *is* bothering Rask (injury-wise) then it could get bad. With all those games in hand it won't be easy to catch up.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:The play Datsyuk made to tie that game was unbelievable.  He's still a top player in the game and he's a guy no one talks about.

EVERYBODY talks about Datsyuk ad nauseum. He's constantly on the front page of nhl.com.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not positive Thornton plans on waiving his NTC to let himself out of SJ. I wouldn't blame him either...might be the best place to play in the NHL.

As for the Bs, they probably wish they could get Boychuk back now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did he waive his Ntc? Holy lord, what a bidding war coming.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Did he waive his Ntc? Holy lord, what a bidding war coming.

What?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Did he waive his Ntc?  Holy lord, what a bidding war coming.  

What?

smokeweedeveryday

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Did he waive his Ntc?  Holy lord, what a bidding war coming.  

Ah, the importance of good grammar for clear communication:

NOT

"[I'm] Not positive[, but I think] Thornton plans on waiving his NTC to let himself out of SJ."

BUT ACTUALLY

"[I'm] Not positive [that] Thornton plans on waiving his NTC to let himself out of SJ. "

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

Ah, the importance of good grammar for clear communication:

NOT

"[I'm] Not positive[, but I think] Thornton plans on waiving his NTC to let himself out of SJ."

BUT ACTUALLY

"[I'm] Not positive [that] Thornton plans on waiving his NTC to let himself out of SJ. "

Thanks Doc.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ales hemsky is terrible, he's on the third or fourth line in dallas.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza on a line with Benn and Seguin.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Spezza on a line with Benn and Seguin.

Morning headline:

Statspadzza Padzz Statzz azz Dallazz Winzz

More to come

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The aforementioned Hemsky was 3rd star of the game and had 8 shots on goal. Guessing he probably factored in the shootout too.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The aforementioned Hemsky was 3rd star of the game and had 8 shots on goal. Guessing he probably factored in the shootout too.

Nope

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Probably so that DAL can "get Spezza going." Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

Probably so that DAL can "get Spezza going."  Laugh1

If they wanted to do that they would have traded for Conacher and Greening.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The aforementioned Hemsky was 3rd star of the game and had 8 shots on goal. Guessing he probably factored in the shootout too.

He didn't. Spezza and Seguin(?) scored while the opposition was the Devils.

Hemsky playing on the third line is a brilliant move -- overloading the top line means the other team has to play their hardest forwards/pairing against them. And if you have top-six talent left to play all the way on the third line, gravy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spezza's SO goal was a mirror image of his last one for the Sens.
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 33 207145_orig

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum